Hoverfly Red Epic flying on Hoverfly Erista

workshop

Looks like fixed skids... What gimbal did you use if any? Couldn't see the lens... What lens did you use?

Jeff

mbsteed

aerial video centric
It would be useful to see the footage off the Red Epic and get a closer look at the setup of the ship.

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
Nice! The Epic does nice work. Looking forward to the footage. My thumbs were shaking the first time I flew a Red.

Last edited by a moderator:

workshop

That goes away after a while... :). I still shake when I fly $$$ gear and I am amazed at the mindset of the pros that can shake it off and fly anything.

Tim Baur (Tim Baur Films) is like that... Not so much a "nerves of steel" kind of thing but a zen state where the gear doesn't matter.

Jeff

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
We did a shoot at the biggest auto auction in the country on an "exotics" auction day. I don't think I was ever more nervous, which is weird because we've flown over much more expensive things than those high dollar autos. I guess the more you do it the less the risk effects you. We just don't do those high risk shoots that often. We've only flown the Red once so far... not that much demand here in central PA.

Photronix

Pilot
Yes Mike is flying. Here is a video we did today. We were just checking things out after the shoot last week. The red thing on the gimbal is my 12lb red epic test brick.

Oh and if we get authorization to post some of the Red footage we will. They seemed happy with the results.

rcmike

Nice! Looks like that thing has plenty of lifting capacity. I'd love to have one but I'm sure it's out of my price range right now.

Yes Mike is flying. Here is a video we did today. We were just checking things out after the shoot last week. The red thing on the gimbal is my 12lb red epic test brick.

Oh and if we get authorization to post some of the Red footage we will. They seemed happy with the results.

workshop

Wow, that is a nice flying machine! That looks much more robust than the Erista we flew last year. What improvements have you made? It looks like you switched to Xoar 14" props and 41xx series AXI motors.

Once the nice glass, HD transmitter and extra wiring gets added, a flyable Red system weighs more than 12lbs. (as you know) so it is nice to see you reengineering the rig for more thrust/weight.

Jeff