Hoverfly Pilot needed for paid Cape Cod shoot

Photronix

Pilot
Please PM me if you have a professional rig and can be in Cape Cod to film a fishing show at the end of September.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hmmmm... I have a Cinestar 6 with P/H AV130 and live about 30 minutes drive from the Cape... Have to see how things go this weekend with the Skyline RSGS I just installed, may still not be quite ready for primetime.

Ken

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Ken from all your posts about how your hoverfly collects dust??? Really?

Last edited by a moderator:

3dheliguy

I got faith in RTRyder... I wouldn't worry about it being absolutely perfect gimbal, as im sure they will be editing it buddy. From Imhave seen you do your ready man. Plus your close to the action.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Go for it Ken.. what u got to loose. I shoot stuff with my ADX so I am sure your CS will be more than up for the job

Dave

Photronix

Pilot
I should add a few details. Paid yes but their budget is small so it needs to be someone close like Ken.

Also, all flying will be from a boat over seawater.

The show will be on NBC Sports Network from what I understand.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
from a boat, over seawater, on a budget.

good luck with that Al! that's at least a six hour drive for me from central NJ otherwise I'd try to help.

bart

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Boat, seawater, ummm, no...

I turned down an offer to do aerials for Shark Week off Cape Cod mainly because the conditions were the same, not risking equipment loss for a few $$$. Crashing over land is one thing, dunking all of it in the ocean with zero hope of recovery is another.

Ken

kloner

Aerial DP
Ah man,,,,,, bring on da wata

how fars cape cod from the chesapeake bay?

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I'd fly my DJI over water any day as I am always secretly hoping it will crash and drown so I can get rid of the WooChong. kidding, I'd rather just sell it. :)

kloner

Aerial DP
if a guy built a rig that would specialize in over water kinda work, would i have alot less competition than say the real estate stuff? Seems like nobody wants to do any water....... last years cameras, lotsa water buoys and i'm thinking this is my niche.

I'm gonna be at the chesapeake bay sometime during the first few weeks of Sea Duck season filming for a hunting show. you guys worry about water, i'm worried about shotguns. Fishing sounds like a sunday flight

Stacky

I have been working on a waterproof or at least recoverable quad for gopros as i want to film surfing. I havent had much chance to mess with the ideas lately but have much of it now worked out in my head. My biggest hurdle has been working within the confines of the fact that i will lose a machine or 2 each year if flying over water so when i do this the quad needs to be as cheap as possible but with the possibility of being able to be recovered with much of the electronics intact. The target clients tend to use online as a major part of their media so a gopro is fine, dont need anything bigger. Also due to the nature of surfing its possible that a gimbal wont be needed just quality flying. We will see how it goes.

Bowley

With similar thoughts Stacky, I put together a kind of sacrificial copter, it was basically very cheap and carries a gopro. its an F330 with plush 18A's, 4 suppo motors and fixed, housed gopro. I'm now looking for a cheaper FC than a Naza, which is too high value for it, with alt hold. not including the fc the copter was about 100 pounds. it actually flies well. Never going to get any stunning footage from it but it gets the gopro where I want it over unrecoverable ground or water.
Have not shot any surfing yet. major conflict of interest there. maybe should geta GPS for it...take off...point the camera...Switch to GPS...catch a wave or 2......and RTH for an autoland!:highly_amused:
Anyway, getting a bit off topic. sorry guys!

3dheliguy

Cool Idea, but im not to sure the imagery is going to be what most people looking to pay good money are going to want, unless you quad can Submerge and fly again. LOL, but seriously, I love my go pro but just not a good solid image capturing device for work.