Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

Macsgrafs

Thanks Aliexei, are you based in the UK too? How much was it, I don't recognise the currency on that site.

Also I was thinking about getting the 3x standard rather than the pro, does anyone know if the standard suffers from drift or is that still ok? I'm only stabilising roll and tilt on an AV130.

Thanks

Andrew the website URL ended in .CH = Switzerland, therefore I'm sure it will be in Euros. Hope that helps

Ross

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Thanks Aliexei, are you based in the UK too? How much was it, I don't recognise the currency on that site.

Also I was thinking about getting the 3x standard rather than the pro, does anyone know if the standard suffers from drift or is that still ok? I'm only stabilising roll and tilt on an AV130.

Thanks

What do you intend mounting it on? If it is an AV200 type camera mount you will not need to bother getting the Pro version as there is no way to escape the strong magnetic field around the servos on such a mount. This means the magnetometer has to be disabled in Toolz. The magnetometer is included in the 3X Pro to control Pan axis drift but as it has to be disabled on the above type mounts the drift will have to be accepted for the time being.

The new beta firmware has some exciting new features, one of which is ATV's on the pan axis - with or without the magnetometer enabled. Haven't a clue how George managed to figure that one out. The release is still a work in progress though as there remain a few issues to sort out.

Andrew the website URL ended in .CH = Switzerland, therefore I'm sure it will be in Euros. Hope that helps

Ross

A small education for all you islanders. Switzerland never joined the Euro so Aerodron's price will be Swiss Francs or CHF (Confederation Helvetica Franc).

That's OK. It's free this time.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
A small education for all you islanders. Switzerland never joined the Euro so Aerodron's price will be Swiss Francs or CHF (Confederation Helvetica Franc).

That's OK. It's free this time.

And now the Swiss Franc is fixed to an exchange rate of 1.20 to the Euro, otherwise it would have risen even more compared to the Euro and the Aerodrive boys would have been struggling to stay in business. Big warning sign if a country in Europe starts regulating their currency in such a manner. Sorry of topic but i am confronted everyday :)

Boris

OK so it seems I was being over sensitive, The roll on the latest FW is working fine. It is Totally usable
@ lutchshot, send george a PM as per his post a few days ago.

luchtshot

I did dropped a mail to George, hopefully he has a spare minute to view.

Out of the box the pl works, but it needs a little bit of tweaking on rol and tilt. Pan we use direct out of the receiver.
Now every time the anoying error box appears, you click continue and quickly make a chance, some times you are lucky and it works...
ps I use win7, better to use xp?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
If you do use pan then you may as well let Picloc control it because at least you get the benefit of stabilisation in that axis. The Manual Mode switch works so stabilisation can always be turned off anyway. In fact, it HAS to be turned on and off all the time if you want to avoid the camera looking backwards when the heli turns.

Firmware HD055 is pretty good as long as you do not need to control any of the axes with a rotary pot. It has to be sticks with 'Slew' selected because there is an issue that limits axis movement to just a couple of millimeters in Proportional mode. Stabilisation works fine in Proportional mode, it is only the Tx stick control that is limited.

luchtshot

After some tweaking now it starts to work. it is a bit labor intensive, it works I use tools E055, and without servo connected you can chance parameters and store them in the eeprom, disconnect usb and connect the servo's an do the test. and so on. All are bench tests, later tests while flying.

Copterpic

Anyone who tried Savöx SB-2272MG and modified them for endless or 360 rotation? Think they are the fastest (and expensiv) servos available. Any experience?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
After some tweaking now it starts to work. it is a bit labor intensive, it works I use tools E055, and without servo connected you can chance parameters and store them in the eeprom, disconnect usb and connect the servo's an do the test. and so on. All are bench tests, later tests while flying.

luchtshot, sorry i cant find the reference anymore, why are you tuning picloc without having the servos connected, than connecting them again etc. would drive me crazy. Setting up proportional for example basic roll and nick axis should take max 15 minutes.

Boris

luchtshot

@borisS If I leave the servo's connected the toolz crashes with an error and I'm locked out. Hopeful the toolz tool gets better soon.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
luchtshot you have fimware 55 on now ? did you get picloc that way or did you update the FW, are you sure your using the right toolz to your picloc FW version ?

luchtshot

There is now 55 fw on th pl. the toolz I use is vE055. Version v.HD3x_H055 from George site crashes after 10 seconds and leaver piclock unaccesble. The gimabal is a av200pro.
I think I go for a old model jeti controlbox. If anybody has one for sale please let me know. :)

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
There is now 55 fw on th pl. the toolz I use is vE055. Version v.HD3x_H055 from George site crashes after 10 seconds and leaver piclock unaccesble. The gimabal is a av200pro.
I think I go for a old model jeti controlbox. If anybody has one for sale please let me know. :)

I don't think you have understood what Boris was driving at. You MUST use the PiclocToolz that is compatible with its partner firmware. In other words, Toolz v.E055 must be used with Firmware E055. Toolz v.HD55 must be used with firmware vHD55. They are not all interchangeable.

Click HERE for a zip folder containing all variants of firmware v0.55 with related Toolz versions. It will solve your crashing problems.

One more thing. If you are using a separate camera operator for the AV200 use vHD55 (both firmware and Toolz). If you are controlling the AV200 from the main MR transmitter, use vE055. HD55 has a problem with Tx commands to proportional servos that makes it essential to use sticks as opposed to rotary controls.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I don't think you have understood what Boris was driving at. You MUST use the PiclocToolz that is compatible with its partner firmware. In other words, Toolz v.E055 must be used with Firmware E055. Toolz v.HD55 must be used with firmware vHD55. They are not all interchangeable.

Click HERE for a zip folder containing all variants of firmware v0.55 with related Toolz versions. It will solve your crashing problems.

One more thing. If you are using a separate camera operator for the AV200 use vHD55 (both firmware and Toolz). If you are controlling the AV200 from the main MR transmitter, use vE055. HD55 has a problem with Tx commands to proportional servos that makes it essential to use sticks as opposed to rotary controls.

japp thats what i was getting at. I would recommend that you completly reflash you Picloc and than use the adequate picloc toolz with the FW you have.

Look at the FW upgrade video on georges page and addtionally follow these instruction.

Important : Do a 'factory default' .. ( All settings will be erased and replaced with Default.) SO... you have to follow this to the letter.

1) Connect Picloc to USB
2) BEFORE PRESSING CONNECT:
3)
OPTIONS TAB - un-tick 'Continuous updates.'
4) Press CONNECT with the proper comport selected. Picloc will not show any data on TOOLZ.

5) OPTIONS TAB - > FACTORY DEFAULT , window opens, CLick the Fatory Default (RED) . Picloc boots up and blue starts flashing again.
6)
OPTIONS TAB - tick again 'Continuous updates.'
7) Data should be flowing in and all Picloc toolz windows polulated.

Boris

luchtshot

Ok, I did the above instruktion and now it works fine. I have a mx12 tx now for the cameraman. Thanks for all the assistance.
Now to configure the pl with the mx12 and the av200-360, any tips?

regards

Hans

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Don't bother with the magnetometer. Uncheck it in OPTIONS. Otherwise, the best thing is dive in and start working it out. Only then will you begin to understand it all and consequently be able to make sensible changes to parameters as opposed to crossing fingers, hoping for the best and making stab in the dark adjustments.

Eventually you will appreciate that it is all quite logical and what looks like a mass of incomprehensible numbers initially, quickly becomes a straight forward process to set up.

I have just reverted to FW E055 on the AV200 and it is arranged so that it can either be operated two-man with PL handling 3-axis stabilisation, one-man with PL 2-axis or one-man with the standard MK FC camera mount drive. Actually, I see no particular advances with HD55. There are significant advances in the pipeline but that FW release still requires some tweaking before it becomes generally available.

luchtshot

OK, sounds nice, I have a 2nd piclock now configured with e055 and give it a go. Do you have home hints for the config for the av200?
The more you tweak the better it get.
I found a kind of drift in the tilt ax. Tomorrow more for now.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I am no authority on the AV200. I bought one months ago and it still hasn't flown for one reason and another. That said, it is about ready finally and I might get a chance to strap it onto an airframe this weekend. I am keen to try it because although the MK FC camera control is simple to set up and use, it is a bit slow. This is fine for photos but not so hot for video. The AV200/3X setup is really fast, I just hope there are no vibration or other basic issues. These will not show up until it gets airborne.