Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

With the PL mounted in the front it is still picking up magnetism from the Roll Servo (which appears to have the strongest field of the three, followed by the Tilt). It won't be easy shielding that Roll servo. Hell, it won't be easy shielding any of them.

As for the Mumetal, I guess we will just have to make do with Applied Phlebotinum.

Here's where to get it from http://www.advancemag.com/index.htm . Interesting reading but mostly did a fly by on me:) They have an engineering package for $183.50USD that probably has enough to do many servos. I didn't find this until I had already bought a 4' sq sheet of .031" soft iron from somewhere else. Guess I'll try that first. I can tape the PL to the table top, then position two identical servos, 3" from the picloc, one with the shield and one without.

Now what do I look for ... how do I know if I've done any good? Look at the magnitude of the magnetic disturbance on the PL GUI input scope, while operating each servo?

Also bought a few of these, to put JR conns on and make flexible servo cable. It's 20ga stranded ... $1.25

Kenny

Last edited by a moderator:

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... Now what do I look for ... how do I know if I've done any good? ...

Simplest way is to place a small compass on the PL, having noted the direction of North beforehand, and then move the servos in towards it and wait for the compass needle to move.

As for the curly cable, you will probably find that it is amazingly heavy compared to an equivalent length of standard servo cable and not nearly so easy to deal with the unwanted length. When I first discovered braided servo cable shield I used to put it on everything, but it is so inflexible (comparatively) and takes up three times the space that I now evaluate each cable run now before deciding whether it needs protective braid or not.

I tested today with HD55 ( standard, NOT x3 acc version) And I also get the roll drfit issue....I hope this is sorted out before the weekend!
If not, is there anyway I can get the previous FW version?

fritz99

Hello !

I hope that somebody can help me.

I have a picloc 3x pro.
The stabilisation of the tilt an roll servos work quite well.
But there is one problem :

If I want to change the position of tilt or roll by an external signal at the inputs I can only change the position i a very small range.
When i turn the inputsignal for " 100 " degrees the servo only moves for ca. 5 degrees.
How can I increase the angle of the change of the servo ?

Thank You

Fritz

rene.m

Hello !

I hope that somebody can help me.

I have a picloc 3x pro.
The stabilisation of the tilt an roll servos work quite well.
But there is one problem :

If I want to change the position of tilt or roll by an external signal at the inputs I can only change the position i a very small range.
When i turn the inputsignal for " 100 " degrees the servo only moves for ca. 5 degrees.
How can I increase the angle of the change of the servo ?

Thank You

Fritz

at the function > Slew-Setup: did you checked "slew"?
if not, i have the same problem with roll.
this firmware has a "bug". The issues comes along with the change from 1µs to 0,1µs. Should be fixed with the new firmware.
meanwhile use slew.

fritz99

Hello !

If I check "slew" then when I turn the input to one side from neutral the servo goes all the way to the end of one side. The same on the other side.
It is not propotional but I can just influence the speed how fast the servo goes to one end or the other.

Fritz

rene.m

Hello !

If I check "slew" then when I turn the input to one side from neutral the servo goes all the way to the end of one side. The same on the other side.
It is not propotional but I can just influence the speed how fast the servo goes to one end or the other.

Fritz

is it like "position left, neutral, position right"? like 30°, 0°, -30°? and between them, there is nothing to move to?
How many degrees does it turns? once in real and once in picloc-tools?
is the stick power maybe to high?

fritz99

is it like "position left, neutral, position right"? like 30°, 0°, -30°? and between them, there is nothing to move to?
How many degrees does it turns? once in real and once in picloc-tools?
is the stick power maybe to high?

If I turn to neutral the servo stops where it is.
If I turn left the servo begins to turn left till to the end. How far I tun left does only influence the speed how fast the servo goes to one end.
If the servo starts turning and I go to neutral the servo stops where it is. This is no proportional turn but just a speed turn to one or the other end.
The same if i turn right.

With the firmware E055 this feature works like it should.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
If I turn to neutral the servo stops where it is.
If I turn left the servo begins to turn left till to the end. How far I tun left does only influence the speed how fast the servo goes to one end.
If the servo starts turning and I go to neutral the servo stops where it is. This is no proportional turn but just a speed turn to one or the other end.
The same if i turn right.

With the firmware E055 this feature works like it should.

This is all working exactly as it should in 'slew' mode. It sounds as if you are using a rotary control rather than a stick that returns to center when released. The idea of slew mode is that you issue a command with the stick and the servo will move in the commanded direction. It will only stop moving when the stick is returned to center and it will stop at the last commanded position. The speed the servo gets there is determined by how far over you push the stick. To make the servo turn the other way the stick has to be pushed to the opposite side. Again, the servo will stop moving when the stick (or rotary control or 3-position switch) is returned to center.

The purpose of slew mode is, for example, to allow the camera to be tilted down at an angle and it will stay there. The stabilisation will then work with this tilted position as the 'new' center and keep the camera pointing down at the given angle regardless of the airframe's attitude (at least theoretically!). If you have the tilt control set up as proportional and you need the camera to be kept at a downwards angle you either have to keep constant pressure on the stick or use, as I suspect you are, a rotary control that does not automatically return to center.

I am certain that this is where you are running into trouble. By keeping the same Tx controls but changing Picloc to 'slew' mode the servo doesn't stop moving because you are not accustomed to returning that control to center.

The Return-To-Home function will still work with slew mode if you need to bring everything back to the middle.

fritz99

This is all working exactly as it should in 'slew' mode. It sounds as if you are using a rotary control rather than a stick that returns to center when released. The idea of slew mode is that you issue a command with the stick and the servo will move in the commanded direction. It will only stop moving when the stick is returned to center and it will stop at the last commanded position. The speed the servo gets there is determined by how far over you push the stick. To make the servo turn the other way the stick has to be pushed to the opposite side. Again, the servo will stop moving when the stick (or rotary control or 3-position switch) is returned to center.

The purpose of slew mode is, for example, to allow the camera to be tilted down at an angle and it will stay there. The stabilisation will then work with this tilted position as the 'new' center and keep the camera pointing down at the given angle regardless of the airframe's attitude (at least theoretically!). If you have the tilt control set up as proportional and you need the camera to be kept at a downwards angle you either have to keep constant pressure on the stick or use, as I suspect you are, a rotary control that does not automatically return to center.

I am certain that this is where you are running into trouble. By keeping the same Tx controls but changing Picloc to 'slew' mode the servo doesn't stop moving because you are not accustomed to returning that control to center.

The Return-To-Home function will still work with slew mode if you need to bring everything back to the middle.

ok !
Thank you I understand what you mean.
But I wold need a "propotional mode". I want to control it by an external potentiometer not a stick that returns to the neutral position.
If I deactivate the slew mode the propotional mode is working but too little.
if I turn the external control to full one side the servo only moves ca. 5 degrees and not propotional to the input.
In the E055 firmware this described function works full.
This must be a bug in the newest software.

Fritz

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
It is a firmware HD55 bug that George assures us will be resolved with the next update, along with other stuff. I still have v.E055 if you cannot find it.

What camera mount and which Flight Controller are you using? I ask because you always have the choice to use the camera control built into the FC. The MK FC camera stabilisation is not that bad. It cannot hold the horizon with extended sideways flight but for general flight it works pretty well.

@Boriss: I have just installed MKS 787's ... so fast! but annoying about this problem.
Could it be the servos?

@ Mombasa: Could you please mail me The E055 firmware? I will PM my details

Thanks

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
@Boriss: I have just installed MKS 787's ... so fast! but annoying about this problem.
Could it be the servos?

@ Mombasa: Could you please mail me The E055 firmware? I will PM my details

Thanks

I sent an email with the firmware but it came back undelivered. Please verify you sent me the correct email address.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
graham dont post you email in a thread i can already feel a bot crawling this thread and picking up you email adress delivery it to every spam DB there is. :)

I can pm it to mombassa if you want me to.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
pm sent.

nope ich have the same dirft problem with the HD version and savöx servos. I downgraded to 53 again although i cant get the old picloc toolz to work with 53 anymore although it is picloc toolz 53. But it works with picloc toolz HD55, but not the way is should some configs i cant change etc. BUt good enough for now. At least i can get basic stabilization of roll and pitch working without a drift

holco

graham dont post you email in a thread i can already feel a bot crawling this thread and picking up you email adress delivery it to every spam DB there is. :)

I can pm it to mombassa if you want me to.

Boris

I also like to receive the old firmware.

holco10@tele2 (dot) nl