Photohigher skyline rsgs

Hi i think i have rather Ok function on my AV 130 with skyline , but my problem begin last weekend , suddenly the gimbal turned 90 degrees down ??? i land and restarted it same result if i have the tilt connected to my reciver , if i not have it connected the gimbal works as i should , i have tried to trim the skyline , my radio several times but i cant find the problem ?? any suggestions what the problem is ????

Thanks

dez

Pilot
Hi i think i have rather Ok function on my AV 130 with skyline , but my problem begin last weekend , suddenly the gimbal turned 90 degrees down ??? i land and restarted it same result if i have the tilt connected to my reciver , if i not have it connected the gimbal works as i should , i have tried to trim the skyline , my radio several times but i cant find the problem ?? any suggestions what the problem is ????

Thanks
'

Do you have it hooked up to a channel that is controlled by a switch or a slider. Try a dial or slider. I find that I have to fine tune each time I turn on the radio

albertog

Hello.

I have been reading the thread for a while.

Work has kept me busy till now that i made this mount to setup and calibrate rsgs.

I installed the version beta 1.7, seems to install and perform well on the bench.

I'm using the av200 with a panasonic gh2.

Anyone has this configuration that could share some experiences with me?

Thanks.

Alberto.
PanamaView attachment 11164

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 389

modles

Nerdlinger
any ideas how you stop jitter on tilt axis? Roll is perfect. I have balanced camera in tilt axis but still jitters, even with very low gain (50)

helicambroadcast

hallo everybody, im a newbie in case of RSGS and need urgend your help ! I use the RSGS and have a massive problem with the roll axis ... always when i turn the pan my roll goes completely out off level !!! Can anybody help my ????? I think it is a softwareproblem can somebody send me 1.7b please ????????

best regards Stephan

MikeH

hallo everybody, im a newbie in case of RSGS and need urgend your help ! I use the RSGS and have a massive problem with the roll axis ... always when i turn the pan my roll goes completely out off level !!! Can anybody help my ????? I think it is a softwareproblem can somebody send me 1.7b please ????????

best regards Stephan

This will probably be because the set level hasn't been done correctly or accurately. Run through it again and see how you go. Also make sure the skyline is sitting properly on the gimbal, ie it is level with the tilt tray and at 90degrees to the vertical axis. Even half a degree off vertical can affect it.

MikeH

any ideas how you stop jitter on tilt axis? Roll is perfect. I have balanced camera in tilt axis but still jitters, even with very low gain (50)

Make sure the tilt belt is tight, I'm not sure what firmware you aren't using but 1.2.2 or later then upgrade. Keep integral gains low, they can cause jitter if too high. Make sure the centre tune is correct also. I have to shoot to work but i will post up the centre tune process when i get home again.

MikeH

Hi MikeH, many thanks for your fast replay ! I checked everything again and all settings are propper done ! .... any other Idee ??????

I am pretty sure it is the levels that are off. It is mentioned somewhere way back in this forum! If it rolls while panning then the tilt axis level hasn't been accurate.
If it constantly rolls in one direction then try offsetting the level of the tilt axis and see if it gets better or worse. You can also email brendon@photohigher.co.nz and explain the problem. If he doesnt respond let me know and i will give him a ring.

Last edited by a moderator:

modles

Nerdlinger
ok turns out all my issues were related to hardware. I now have super smooth tilt and can have the gains all the way up to 250-300 on tilt with no jitter on 1.7

What I did...

1) Move the rsgs over to the side with the servo on (mine did not have a threaded shaft on that side so I had it mounted on the other as suggested in the manual). So i threaded the other shaft myself.

2) The camera tray has two bolts on the servo side, a central one into the hub and another underneath to rotate it. I found that loosening this bottom bolt made it spin more freely with less friction, but moving the bolt to the top meant i could have it done up all the way tight and have even less friction. So I could finally balance the camera properly and the servos were not fighting the friction.

Hopefully this might help some others.

Documentation is terrible :(

'

Do you have it hooked up to a channel that is controlled by a switch or a slider. Try a dial or slider. I find that I have to fine tune each time I turn on the radio

Yes i have a dial and try with another dial but its ded ?? and turn to end forwardtilt ??

dez

Pilot
Not sure what to suggest. I have tilt rigged up to a switch and and dial. The switch I use to change between the extreme positions and the dial I use to fine tune for slight angle adjustments. Its probably not the best setup, but for the time being it works. I find that there is no way to set tilt angle by adjusting or assigning percentages to a switch on the radio. The values always change. So its either 90 degrees down for one end of the switch and zero for the other end of the switch however, the camera overshoots zero, so I have to stop it with the slider value. Bizarre isn't it? But it works.

rcworks

I bought 2 Skyline for a cinestar and for a AV-130, everything is working but in the 2 units I cannot set the servo limits, at first I thinking of a damage or a defect skyline, but both skyline can't set the servo limits.
I also tested today the beta version, but it the same results.

I have the new harness and the dummy pot, again everything works fine, the servos are centre, roll and til work nice, but without servo limits this things is useless!

Does this happen to anyone? I'm doing same thing wrong?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
After 157,000 veiws this thread is the BIG.

Unfortunatley RCworks DEZ, Steffe and Helecambroadcast as you can see not all is well with this product.. NO matter what version unit you have OR What version FW you have. it seems that every RSCG has a built in mind of its own.

The second V1.2 I have is no exception. It works for a few weeks, well sort of then throws a complete hippyfit and need to be re-calibrated. At the moment the unit is on a pre CAA certified machine so I have not spent to much time with it but tomorrw is certification day and after that it has to earn coin. If I cant get the reliability of the Radian that is on my Y6 then I am really sad to say It will be discarded and signed off as yet another waist of money.

I really feel for PH but they seem to have done the ostrich thing with this product. I just wish they had listened to the Beta Testers Advice. HayHo life!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Photohiger Skyline Help

i bought AV200 + kit 360 + skyline.
However, I'm unable to connect it to the computer.

I've followed every step on the user guide, but still I'm getting an error message.

I use Windows 7 64bit.

I'd appreciate if you could help me.
Thanks in advance.
View attachment 11191

Attachments

• failed.jpg
    failed.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 298