Photohigher skyline rsgs

Efliernz

Pete
MikeH has written a new instruction manual for the Skyline (he does not work for them... but he cares)- one that acually teaches you about how important it is to have it perfectly balanced and what each gain setting does. I had a peak/proof-read and it is really good. PH have had this document for several weeks now... and we (the customers) wait...
I understand they are doing a set of help videos as well. I just hope they use someone that can communicate - not their phone tech support person.
I have one and it works ok - but I'm shooting stills and I don't need the perfect video system.

The longer they ignore their customers, the faster people will leave them for the new brushless systems. If they anounced (and demo'd) that they had the best brushless system on the planet today, there are a lot of users that quite simply will ignore them now.

I'm am supposed to support NZ companys... but they have to deserve the support. They do not have the right to be supported just because they are local!

Pete

Pjtyros

We were told they would be available in 3 weeks, that was in January. I have moved on as have many others, Photohigher don't deserve loyal customers. We are told they are busy people, I agree they are busy taking our money!!!

jcmonty

Great.. just got an RSGS today after failing to get an CC3D to work. Have to make it work somewhat well for a big demo this weekend... Pointers are welcome!

Efliernz

Pete
Page#66 covers a fair bit with help from 1001, TomBrown and MikeH but the essentials are:

The number one tip... The camera must be perfectly balanced (so the servos/board are not fighting gravity). Remove the belts and make sure the tilt (especially) and the roll have the camera happy to sit in any possition without trying to level or lean. Do this before bothering to power-up the gimbal.
You have to be sure none of your tilt screws or pulleys are too tight - your tilt must be able to move smoothly.
If things are too tight, the RSGS may fail the power-on calibration test. It will sit there and just flash red - and you will swear at it!

You will not be able to find a gain setting that will smooth out tilt in non-smooth flying. You MUST fly smoothly.

Pete

SMP

absolutely pulling my hair out with this 2nd Skyline!!!!! Can someone please for the love of all that is holy post a link to the latest software?? I somehow have managed to get an older version and cannot find a support page on PH... (absolutely fuming)

iconflyer

absolutely pulling my hair out with this 2nd Skyline!!!!! Can someone please for the love of all that is holy post a link to the latest software?? I somehow have managed to get an older version and cannot find a support page on PH... (absolutely fuming)

Check out this post http://www.multirotorforums.com/show...ll=1#post87056
This has v1.7 beta which is the latest as far as I know. On PH page, the only support is on the Skyline gyro product page.

SMP

argh... new software (THANK YOU) but after connecting to skyline for the last 5 hours - the new software gives me failed to connect to skyline message - deep sigh

Efliernz

Pete
You need to completely remove the old software from your pc before installing the new one.
V1.7 does the occassional BSOD too.

They need a new programmer at PH!

Pete

SMP

Calling it quits for tonight ie 8 hours... So after bunches and bunches of restarts, uninstalls, reinstalls, firmware updates and only fifty two attempts; managed to get to 0 gain center tuning and..... set tilt gain to 5 skyline immediately gives a slight roll and gives flashing red led and "error condition".. same with just roll servo. This now moved to the land of the truly ridiculous. I mean I've got the EXACT same setup functioning on my AD6! Ridiculous.

Anyways if anyone knows how to get out of flashing red land most appreciated.

SMP

Ugh...ok going to start again... naturally after leaving it for a few hours, the software has mysteriously lost all my centre tunes, giving up failed to connect errors, and a BSOD. Gonna be a great morning... does anyone have a link to 1.2 and/or PH actual support/download section on their website????

iconflyer

I agree that the videos are a bit comic but on mine the roll does eventually get back to perfect level it takes 10-15 seconds then it returns to the original level I set in the first step and stays there. I'm sorry but I have not been following this thread for long but are most people having problems with their gimbals staying at the preset level or in general the performance of the stabilization with the gimbal?