Photohigher skyline rsgs

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
here...here ;)

That is one of those expressions that I have never been sure how to spell. Is it 'Here, Here' or 'Hear, Hear'? 'Second Wind' or 'Second Win'. One 'Fell Swoop' or One 'Foul Swoop'?

To continue completely off-subject ... by the normal rules of grammar and pronunciation, whereby a vowel followed by a single consonant followed by a vowel is pronounced as the capital, the word helicopter - which we all pronounce Hell_ee_kopta - should be pronounced Heel_eye_kopta. Otherwise it should be spelled hellycopter.

I'll let you get back to the skyline (see? "SKYLINE" -- vowel / single consonant / vowel / single consonant / vowel : the Y and the I are pronounced as capitals)

My Roll gets out of horizon when I pan or rotate the aircraft. About 8 degrees, then slowly it goes back into good horizon.
This is the "left over error", right?
Changing the roll integral gain doesn't help at all, I cannot see a difference if I put it to 100 or 500.

My gains:
tilt position 170
roll position 345

tilt velocity 50
roll velocity 80

tilt integral 90
roll integral 90

It's a AV130 with CX730, the stabilization works good for me except this left over error.

Any advices?

Thanks a lot,

Andy

This left over error is mostly affected by the set level XY. When the skyline isn't set level properly on the tilt axis then some of the pan movement is interpreted as roll. Look in the monitor tab on the software and move the gimbal to about 2 degrees tilt and 0 degrees roll. Press set level XY see if the problem is better or worse. If it's worse try moving the gimbal to -4 degrees and repeat.

Macsgrafs

That is one of those expressions that I have never been sure how to spell. Is it 'Here, Here' or 'Hear, Hear'? 'Second Wind' or 'Second Win'. One 'Fell Swoop' or One 'Foul Swoop'?

To continue completely off-subject ... by the normal rules of grammar and pronunciation, whereby a vowel followed by a single consonant followed by a vowel is pronounced as the capital, the word helicopter - which we all pronounce Hell_ee_kopta - should be pronounced Heel_eye_kopta. Otherwise it should be spelled hellycopter.

I'll let you get back to the skyline (see? "SKYLINE" -- vowel / single consonant / vowel / single consonant / vowel : the Y and the I are pronounced as capitals)

Well that just goes to show a Frenchman teaching an Englishman how to speak his native language ;) which I'm sad to say is very common, us Brits are very lazy!!!!

Ross

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Well that just goes to show a Frenchman teaching an Englishman how to speak his native language ;) which I'm sad to say is very common, us Brits are very lazy!!!!

Ross

Frenchman? Nah mate. Born in Beckenham, Kent, raised in Kenya, living in France. Mind you, the Hay clan did originally hail from Haye de la Puits near Cherbourg.

Just realised, it should be hellikhopter! There needs to be another consonant after the 'I' to stop it changing from an 'i' !!!!!!

meme

Hello all,

setted up a brandnew Av130 with Skyline, new harness and dummy pots.
Cam is Nex5 with 18/55.
Roll Stabi works pretty well, but the Tilt creates me some headache. Also with 100/80 Gains the Tray shakes wild when booting, also in flight... any idea?

Thanks for your help,

meme

Hello all,

setted up a brandnew Av130 with Skyline, new harness and dummy pots.
Cam is Nex5 with 18/55.
Roll Stabi works pretty well, but the Tilt creates me some headache. Also with 100/80 Gains the Tray shakes wild when booting, also in flight... any idea?

Thanks for your help,

meme

Check the position of the camera it should be balanced vertically and back/forward. You can check this by slipping the tilt belt off, the tray should become loose. Adjust the position of the camera until it balances.

Also check is the tightness of the tilt belt. It should be fairly tight. While the skyline is running try turning the tilt tray by hand. If the tilt servo rotates in the opposite direction to the tray then the belt is too loose.

Check the nylon washer on the other side of the camera tray. If it's too tight you will get jitters. You can tell if it’s too tight by gently rotating the aircraft frame around the tilt axis. If the camera tray doesn’t start counteracting this movement at first then quickly slips then it’s done up too tight.

There is one other thing you can try. If you have enough room near the main tilt pulley you can attach the skyline to the vertical side of the camera tray with strong double sided tape. (Don't use the tilt shaft screw there because it will damage the skyline unit and make your tray come loose easily) This will stop any flex in the camera tray from affecting the skyline.

Cheers,
Brendon

meme

Hello Brendon and thanks for your answer!

For first i have to say sorry, the Gimbal Shaking is resolved, i have forgot to save the changes and had much to high gains, problem solved, no shaking anymore.....

It remains a little Jitter:
-Cam is (and was) well balanced, loosened the screws of the camera tray to check that.
-Tilt Belt is fairly tight
-Nylon Washer seems ok, no quickly slips after no counteracting. The Tray moves immedateley and seems smooth.

Anyway, with the Nex5/ 18-55 mounted i see a little jitter movement when i move the Copter in Tilt Axis, you can see that also clearly on the video:

I've noticed that the Camera Tray moves a really little bit when i try to move it by hand in tilt axis. Can that be the problem?

Thanks,

meme

Last edited by a moderator:

vip

Hello Brendon and thanks for your answer!

For first i have to say sorry, the Gimbal Shaking is resolved, i have forgot to save the changes and had much to high gains, problem solved, no shaking anymore.....

It remains a little Jitter:
-Cam is (and was) well balanced, loosened the screws of the camera tray to check that.
-Tilt Belt is fairly tight
-Nylon Washer seems ok, no quickly slips after no counteracting. The Tray moves immedateley and seems smooth.

Anyway, with the Nex5/ 18-55 mounted i see a little jitter movement when i move the Copter in Tilt Axis, you can see that also clearly on the video:

I've noticed that the Camera Tray moves a really little bit when i try to move it by hand in tilt axis. Can that be the problem?

Thanks,

meme

my oh my, the jitter is there for sure but your roll is awful.. Maybe it will work as advertised on the next version, right now I have never been able to make mine acceptable like the product "DEMO" video. Sending emails for tech support is a waste of time as one will get maybe one response to every 5 questions ..
Better than WKM, but for the price it sure would be nice to see it works as advertised. I have no problem with tilt, but roll never really holds the horizon and always has some sort of side to side shake.. 1.2 is closer but still it still does not stabilize as the demo did. I will keep my fingers crossed.

If anyone has any video not "SOFTWARE STABILIZED " LIKE THE PRODUCT DEMO was supposed to be I sure would like to see it.

meme

@vip, please do not judge my video from the roll. I had only standard Gains on Roll Axis (100/80) and had much better results with higher gains. Brought them back in order to figure out how to eliminate the Jitter.
I am a huge fan of PH and I am pretty sure PH (Brendon) will help everyone of use to figure out how to resolve his problems.

-cheers, meme

my oh my, the jitter is there for sure but your roll is awful.. Maybe it will work as advertised on the next version, right now I have never been able to make mine acceptable like the product "DEMO" video. Sending emails for tech support is a waste of time as one will get maybe one response to every 5 questions ..
Better than WKM, but for the price it sure would be nice to see it works as advertised. I have no problem with tilt, but roll never really holds the horizon and always has some sort of side to side shake.. 1.2 is closer but still it still does not stabilize as the demo did. I will keep my fingers crossed.

If anyone has any video not "SOFTWARE STABILIZED " LIKE THE PRODUCT DEMO was supposed to be I sure would like to see it.

koptercam

RED Epic or ARRI Mini? Both!
oh man... again, more disappointment.
after having shelved my skyline for about a month, i got it out again once i received a new wire harness and the dummy pots.
Followed the instructions once more from PH website...and now im not getting ANY movement from roll or tilt axis.
when i plug the pan servo in, it just spins around and around.
I tried doing the auto tune, and the software says that its doing something in the bottom right hand corner, but there is no movement from either servos :/

using my old hacked up wire harness, (hence ordering a new wire harness) ...i did the manual modification and with with the old one i can actually get the tilt AND PAN working, but no roll :/
I dont know whats up with the new wire harness and why it wont even give power to the servos.

Any help/tips would be great!

This left over error is mostly affected by the set level XY. When the skyline isn't set level properly on the tilt axis then some of the pan movement is interpreted as roll. Look in the monitor tab on the software and move the gimbal to about 2 degrees tilt and 0 degrees roll. Press set level XY see if the problem is better or worse. If it's worse try moving the gimbal to -4 degrees and repeat.
That helped a lot! Thank you very much!

tombrown1

Does anybody know how to turn off pan stabilization via software? If I turn the gains all the way off, then it turns off pan stabilization but doesn't allow me to control the pan with my radio.

It's not a big deal - I can just plug straight into the servo - but it would take a couple hours of reworking to run extension wire.

Thanks,

Tom

Does anybody know how to turn off pan stabilization via software? If I turn the gains all the way off, then it turns off pan stabilization but doesn't allow me to control the pan with my radio.

It's not a big deal - I can just plug straight into the servo - but it would take a couple hours of reworking to run extension wire.

Thanks,

Tom

This is one of the things that we will see in a future firmware release. Hopefully an early one....

meme

Hello all,

spent a lot of time this WE with my RSGS on a AV 130 trying to get better results form it:
Actions i have taken:
-Bought and tested a new lens (16mm pancake) for the Nex 5
-Builded and mounted an Antivibration Plate
-Checked and double checked the (brandnew) AV130.
-Worked on the Gains for hours.

Stabilization of the Roll Axis works really well, seems locked, also in hard Wind, but i continue to have Jitter in Tilt. This is made with RSGS on Roll and Tilt, you can see a lot of Jitter in it:

After that Flight i have connected the Tilt Servo to the Poti and to the F2 Port of the Naza, Roll Stabi comes from the RSGS:
Bad Stabilization in Tilt, ok, but no Jitter, so, i can exclude a problem with the AV130.
Has anyone an idea, what can be wrong?

Thanks,
meme

Michael64

Known problem with Skyline. I had one and could never get the jitter out of pitch roll was fine but the pitch jitter made video useless. Some people seem not to have a problem while other do.

Michael64

nicwilke

Hello all,

spent a lot of time this WE with my RSGS on a AV 130 trying to get better results form it:
Actions i have taken:
-Bought and tested a new lens (16mm pancake) for the Nex 5
-Builded and mounted an Antivibration Plate
-Checked and double checked the (brandnew) AV130.
-Worked on the Gains for hours.

Stabilization of the Roll Axis works really well, seems locked, also in hard Wind, but i continue to have Jitter in Tilt. This is made with RSGS on Roll and Tilt, you can see a lot of Jitter in it:

After that Flight i have connected the Tilt Servo to the Poti and to the F2 Port of the Naza, Roll Stabi comes from the RSGS:
Bad Stabilization in Tilt, ok, but no Jitter, so, i can exclude a problem with the AV130.
Has anyone an idea, what can be wrong?

Thanks,
meme

Great test. From what I see in your Skyline only lest, there's vibration that is causing that jitter. I was battling with tilt issue for a few hours of testing about a month ago, and then decided to look into all aspects of my set up. Holding my frame, with the skyline fully activated, and stock gains showed no jitter, but in flight, the jitters were there. It came down to my craft simply not flying smooth. I rebalanced the props, and checked the vibration of the motors using an android vibration app, and it was clearly my props. I balanced them, and re-tested, and it was good. I also found some flight modes (I use ZeroTech YS-X6 AutoPilot system) were different in smoothness of flight. You are obviously in non-gps mode, so you can eliminate gps mode being an issue, but try one on altitude hold mode (sorry, dont know what its called on Naza) and then try manuall ATT to see if theres any flight characteristics causing some vibration. Also, calibrated ESC's can also effect smoothness, I had a massive wobble just hovering when I first flew my coax, fixed with a re-calibration of the ESC's Sorry I cant be more specific, theres so many variables in this.

Its in my opinion that your jitters are more from vibration (because the naza stabilization is obviously not effected)... Just my thoughts...

nicwilke

A big welcome to the newest member of the Photohigher crew, Kimberly Attwell and his wife have had a little baby girl. Not sure of the specifics but I found out today.

Congratulations. Hope Mum and Baby are doing well.