Photohigher Skyline gimbal controller

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
One of yesterdays test flights with Skyline RSGS on AV130, Cinestar 6 with Wookong-M controller...

Haven't touched the settings since the first round of test flights, still need to do a tiny bit of tweaking on the roll axis settings but otherwise some of the best raw video I've gotten with this setup.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Ken that is very impressive for raw video. The roll is a little twitchy and I am sure you will tune that out in the future. Post will take care of the rest. Nice Job!

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Ken that is very impressive for raw video. The roll is a little twitchy and I am sure you will tune that out in the future. Post will take care of the rest. Nice Job!

I'm not so sure the twitch has anything to do with the Skyline, I think it may be play in the roll servo geartrain. This particular AV130 has been crashed and repaired 3 times now and it's still the same roll servo, might be time for some maintenance on it!

This is also a prototype Skyline, the production version should be even better if that's possible... :)

Ken

Tahoe Ed

That is great news. I have a friend that preordered one with a AV200. I am looking forward to the production results, however, the beta units seem very promising.

jappie911

Because I want to prepare my MK HEXA for the new Gyro, what voltage does it needs ? I am stil operating my av-200 through the MK board.. Never mounted the Bec I have laying around.. :dejection:

Photronix

Pilot
Can someone please confirm for me the capabilities of the Skyline. I just read on the new site that it uses a 3-axis Gyro and Accel BUT NO MAGNETOMETER? It also says that it stabilizes and controls Pan???? I can't find any demos of this. I don't believe Roll and Tilt will work with Pan unless you have a magnetometer. You also can't do magnetic hold.

Looking for more info on this if someone can share.

Photronix

Pilot
Can someone please confirm for me the capabilities of the Skyline. I just read on the new site that it uses a 3-axis Gyro and Accel BUT NO MAGNETOMETER? It also says that it stabilizes and controls Pan???? I can't find any demos of this. I don't believe Roll and Tilt will work with Pan unless you have a magnetometer. You also can't do magnetic hold.

Looking for more info on this if someone can share.

Anyone?