New Contest, Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicwilke

I fully understand nic, there will be other competitions that i will be ready for in the future.

No mate! (across the ditch) don't be discouraged. Be in it to win it. Have the ANZAC spirit, and battle on with the weather and get something together. You have no idea how to gauge the level of this completion. Imagine someone won it, and you thought "I could have done that". GO FOR IT... It can be 2.5 to 5 mins long cant it? Easy to get some footage to fill that time.
Cheers, sorry to put you off mate just try to get your entry in, have you seen what you can win?

Efliernz

Pete
Stacky... we have tried to get the mounts sorted... oh well. I'm sure you can put something together (for entertainment if nothing else!). I'm going to. We can make the others feel good ;)

Pete

nicwilke

Stacky... we have tried to get the mounts sorted... oh well. I'm sure you can put something together (for entertainment if nothing else!). I'm going to. We can make the others feel good ;)

Pete

Heheh, I cant wait to see everyones videos. I'm sure we'll get a good idea WHY?

Macsgrafs

I dont have any useful stabilisation, so its rough & ready ;) now to find a video cam that has an external mic input :(

Ross

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Stacky,

Pull footage from what you've already done, add some voiceover or graphics to tell your story and make the sale.

It's a creative process so it can be anything you want....multi-rotor heli's aren't just about the slow hover/drift now are they?

Tell the whole story. there's still time.

rcflyboynj

Editing up a storm over here.. Kinda slow since I'm having to edit audio in a video editor and smart proxy all the HD files so I can render them faster. Should have mine in by Sunday(ish) :)

~ Nathan

nicwilke

Does anyone have a good way to remove the wobble from a gopro, it looks like clear, but wobbling.

kloner

Aerial DP
ear plugs under the cam works great, there is no post anything to fix jello if that's what ya got.

I gotta look this over again. love flying, but academics has always been my weak point..... writtting a story, haha, never made it of 9th grade.... I'm an artist, not a writtter

• The “Why a Multi-Rotor?” contest is open for video submissions through midnight (USA, Eastern time zone, UTC+4),
September 14, 2012.

contest closes to new entries on the 24[SUP]th[/SUP].

does this close the 14th or 24th? sounds like both

Last edited by a moderator:

nicwilke

Hey Bart,
Are we allowed to submit using Vimeo? I'd like submit it onto vimeo cos its a little bit sharper there....

Bartman

Hey Bart,
Are we allowed to submit using Vimeo? I'd like submit it onto vimeo cos its a little bit sharper there....

yes, that's fine. we may host the winning video someplace different in order to make playback as smooth and fast as possible but we'll address that after we have a winner.

thanks,bart

rcflyboynj

Got mine submitted. :)

Also on a sub-note for the GoPro jello, I find that an old cut up t shirt under the mount does wonders.View attachment 6217

~ Nathan

Attachments

• IMG_5054.jpg
    IMG_5054.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 249

Don't let things like bad weather and wind stop you from getting some vid.

Myself I fly in all types of good and bad weather, snowing, raining, foggy, windy...I have flown in wind that prior to doing so I would have never considered but after hiking to 9000' I was not going to let high winds stop me......you can also use the wind to your advantage to get smooth video. Fly upwind of what you want to vid (I've had my quad darn near standing on its nose to make headway upwind) but once you get beyond what you want to shoot use the wind to carry your craft there....it's kind of like a balloon floating on air,just gotta keep you altitude and heading.

Don't let nature's bad day's stop you, use what nature tosses at you to your advantage......a day of flying in bad weather is better than not flying at all.

-Don

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

another entry has been received! we're getting closer to the deadline so let's get those editing fingers moving!

Bartman

just received Nic's entry. you guys are doing an outstanding job. i'm glad we have a generous prize package as I can see that you guys are putting a lot of time, heart, and effort into your entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.