Aeronavics / Droidworx New Build Planned - SkyJib-X4 Heavy Retractable

VNBN

I'm regularly flying with 2x 6s 10000mAh, retracts, AV 200 360 and 2 kg camera. But I have another purpose for it as well, payload than approximately 6 kg.

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
Hi Boris, on the DS-16 I have set channel 1 as Aileron (to match the WKM) I have renamed it and all seemed fine but when I go into the DR/expo setup it lists the output as 'engine 1' and will only let you adjust expo on 1 side of the curve...

Does this mean that I have to set channel 1 to throttle?

View attachment 11989

Thanks, Steve

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369420272.818584.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369420272.818584.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 392

baja-king

Hi Boris,

I had a reply from Andreas re Telemetry... "with Jeti currently only the Textmode is working. The EX-Protocoll is not implemented yet.
So you have to change in the menu to text mode and then you should see one telemetry display"

Do you know if this is possible with DS-16/DC-16?

If it does not work yet I'm thinking of getting 2 x Jeti Duplex MUI 75 is a voltage and current telemetry sensor or 2 x Jeti Duplex MUI 150 is a voltage and current sensor - which would suit better?

Thanks in advance

Steve

baja-king

Hi Boris,

I had a reply from Andreas re Telemetry... "with Jeti currently only the Textmode is working. The EX-Protocoll is not implemented yet.
So you have to change in the menu to text mode and then you should see one telemetry display"

Do you know if this is possible with DS-16/DC-16?

If it does not work yet I'm thinking of getting 2 x Jeti Duplex MUI 75 is a voltage and current telemetry sensor or 2 x Jeti Duplex MUI 150 is a voltage and current sensor - which would suit better?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Answered my own question with the help of Andreas, the Telemetry is available through the Jetibox emulation function...

View attachment 12006View attachment 12007

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 308
  • photo-12 copy 2.jpg
    photo-12 copy 2.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 319
Last edited by a moderator:

flybee

Hello!

I just want to share my experience with you.
I february I have built monster (SkyJib V2 X4 - Herkules III - KW10 - V2) and changed for the first time since 2008 from MK to DJI.
First I was surpriced of the power of the new hammer - then of the GPS funktion and attitude hold from DJI WK-M.
But after the first testflights I knew where are the problems - to get fixed.
1.) The X4 is shaking/waiving when it is windy - this I get fixed by a setting-tour (half day flying...)
2.) The X4 is height dropping during flight (loses altitude in flight and goes up to correct hight when stay on position again).
I just changed to IMU V2 - but I don´t see a difference!
I think that of the airstream in flight (the overpressure) the height sensor works not correct.
I just tested to hide the wholes of the new IMU V2 with foam - but there is no difference!?

Have YOU an idea???

Bluerex

Hi Bernie,
Can I ask what mode you are flying in? Have you tried dropping gains back when it's windy?

Charles.

flybee

Hi Charles,

When it´s windy it is better to get higher with the Basic gains of pitch and roll...
I tested a lot - still from 60 up to 250!!! (just step by step via poti) That is the only way you really can see a difference by your kopter.
For my Hammer the best is 160 / 160 - that is still soft but "quick" enough that there is no more shaking in the wind.
What do you mean with "what mode you are flying in"?

Is there anyone who can help me with my "height dropping during flight" problem?

Bernie

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Bernie I can only imagine three things going wrong concerning the height drop !

1. Way to low vertical gains but I am pretty sure you considered that !

2. To many vibrations hitting the IMU thus issues with the z axis ACC resulting in either drops or climbs.

3. Either your baro sensor has an issue or the way you mounted it results in the sensor getting higher or lower pressure inputs from time to time. You mentioned trying foam arround the IMU but thats not the point the question is were the IMU is mounted on the frame and if
and the surrounding frame parts could lead to the IMU being in a spots were under or over pressure can happen !

Boris

Do you have an IOSD for logging ?

flybee

Hello Boris!

Thank you for your help. My IOSD is V1 so I can´t log - sorry.
But when I look at the high information from the iOSD on my screen - I can see that it showes the lose of high correct...
I balanced my props scrupulously - but I will check this again.
I mounted the IMU on original SkyJib plate - on top - using the mounting with the rubbers... (picture is IMU V1 but the V2 is also mounted like this)
View attachment 12030

Bernie

Attachments

• 20130222_152236.jpg
    20130222_152236.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 395

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Bernie,

as far as i can remember you can update the IOSD V1 and get the loggin going. The IOSD V1 also has a built in SD card and can be connected to the IOSD
assistant and put into the SD card mode, thus data tele data is accessable and display by the log viewer !.

Hmm if you say mounting with rubbers are those Droidworx originals? Try mounting the IMU hard mounted without rubber. Extra dampening for the WKM IMU in some cases can be counterproductive.
I never dampen the WKM IMU and never has issues except with the s800 ocassional white flashes :)

Boris

baja-king

Beja sorry for not being available is all working in the mean time ? I couldn't have helped you with the tele board to jeti though still have to order mine !

Boris

Thanks Boris, the telemetry is working...

I am wondering if it is possible to set an alarm for battery capacity used when the info is via Jetibox emulation.

I know it is possible with v1 sensors with morse code alarms set via the jeti box - but if can't see a way of getting an alarm this way...

I have ordered 2 x IMU 150 EX current sensors in the meantime until Andreas figures out EX support...

I want to have alarms set as the battery capacity reduces...

Steve

baja-king

The Finished Article...

Received the Larger dome and the Engine shields from DW so it's now full Titanium spec :highly_amused: - Have the DS-16 working with all the telemetry - 2 x IMU150 for power plus the Herk V1 Telemetry board for everything else.

I have had about 10 flights on it now and the gains are dialed in nicely. The combination of the Jeti DS-16 (which I cannot praise highly enough!) and the Herkules III is just awesome :tennis:

It is so so stable, I'm over the moon.

Thanks to everybody for their help along the way, A special shout goes out to Boris for always having the knowledge! Droidworx for their wonderful design and Andreas Baier for his continued work on the Herkules which in my opinion is the only way to go...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• SkyJib-7.jpg
    SkyJib-7.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 938
  • SkyJib-5.jpg
    SkyJib-5.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 570
  • SkyJib-2.jpg
    SkyJib-2.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 538
  • SkyJib-1.jpg
    SkyJib-1.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 946
  • SkyJib x4-3.jpg
    SkyJib x4-3.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 619
  • SkyJib x4-6.jpg
    SkyJib x4-6.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 947
  • SkyJib x4-8.jpg
    SkyJib x4-8.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 576

STEVE5

Hi, congrats. So nice and great done!
Good luck!

I am still on the way...

Can you show as some video in action, please?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Very nice beja it a beauty ! I am very tempted to get a skyjib to step away from the 3d program and just have something finished in my hands !

Boris

baja-king

That looks awesome, what sort of flight times are you getting? with what packs?

Craig

Hi Craig, 10 mins of mixed flying with the Zenmuse draws about 5500 mHa from each battery

Flight weight is 9.3Kg, Batteries are Desire V8 6s 8300 mHa. Batteries have about 25% on landing and are cool to touch...

(I like to have some power in reserve :))

Steve