Aeronavics / Droidworx New Build Planned - SkyJib-X4 Heavy Retractable

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
Steve,

Thanks for that info. The thread you linked seems like it will be super helpful, I'll get my buddy who's an engineer to help me wrap my brain around it. I bought a prop balancer that should arrive to me tomorrow. I'm going to try to follow some tutorials and things that I've been researching.

ESCs are tmotor 40a : http://www.rctigermotor.com/html/2013/esc_0916/84.html
Motors are tmotor 3520 400kv: http://www.rctigermotor.com/html/2013/Professional_0912/51.html
Props are the tmotor 15" carbon fiber 15x5
And I'm using the tmotor brand prop adapters to fit them on the motors

-Ian

The T-Motor carbon props usually come close to balance but still need tweaking in my experience. My 3515 kv400's were well balanced out of the box. There is a waiting list for the Vortex's so get your order in ASAP:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2051138&page=5#post28293785

Cheshirecat

Hi Steve

I received my foam insert for the SJX4 done by the guys at ABM.
I changed it a little from your layout as i don't keep the Radios in that case, props in there instead.
Gareth was great and very helpful so i would recommend them happily to anybody else looking for a custom insert, all i need to do now is get the flight case made, now i know the exact dimensions.

Thanks again for your help Steve.

Rentakill

Gr8 post baja, been following while my skyjib was getting built. Got it last week, I must say the t-motors with the carbon props ...I love it.
Some footage I shot in full manual solo, still trying to work out best settings for the 5d.

I'm getting around 12 mins flight time with 20% battery left, I'm real impressed with those flight times considering the weight in the air. Any bench marks on dist you can travel??

Last edited by a moderator:

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
Hi Rentakill, looking good on your SkyJib :)

Have a 500m restriction based on our commercial permit for aerial work so never go beyond that distance.

Rentakill

Hi Rentakill, looking good on your SkyJib :)

Have a 500m restriction based on our commercial permit for aerial work so never go beyond that distance.

We have similar in OZ, 400m line of sight. Industry has been talking about instrument rating so flights can be made outside the current regulations.

Gr8 post baja, been following while my skyjib was getting built. Got it last week, I must say the t-motors with the carbon props ...I love it.
Some footage I shot in full manual solo, still trying to work out best settings for the 5d.

I'm getting around 12 mins flight time with 20% battery left, I'm real impressed with those flight times considering the weight in the air. Any bench marks on dist you can travel??

Hi,
Are you getting those flight times with the 4014 330kv T-motors and 15x5? Whats the total Amps of your batteries?
Just got a similar kit but it strugles a bit and don t think it could do 12 min with a 5d..
Regards