Naza GPS compass calibration

r4nd0m

Hi there,

does anyone else have an issue to get the NAZA GPS into calibration mode?

I power up and switch my control mode switch from 1-GPSatti, 2-atti, 3-failsafe like a dog when he is happy however the VSU never comes into a state showing a constant yellow LED ... how did you manage? should I set the switch to manual rather than failsafe?

cheers
Sev

edit: yep that seemed to be it ... you cant program failsafe onto the control switch ...

Last edited by a moderator:

yakjock

I did the settings as aux 2 gps atti manual then used the mix switch (set up on my DX8)to move in to fail safe so I have all the settings. Also when setting the transmitter fail safe move the mix switch to fail safe.

r4nd0m

I did the settings as aux 2 gps atti manual then used the mix switch (set up on my DX8)to move in to fail safe so I have all the settings. Also when setting the transmitter fail safe move the mix switch to fail safe.

I also own a DX8 but I now use the flight modes, 0-gps, 1-man, 2-atti - and I use 3 mixes where I mix all 3 flight modes to a force fail-save, preset fail-save is also set ...
as I use a heli setup and not aircraft I cant assign anything to use IOC, which doesnt interest me on the other hand anyway ...

hexcopter

I also own a DX8 but I now use the flight modes, 0-gps, 1-man, 2-atti - and I use 3 mixes where I mix all 3 flight modes to a force fail-save, preset fail-save is also set ...
as I use a heli setup and not aircraft I cant assign anything to use IOC, which doesnt interest me on the other hand anyway ...
Hi r4ndom I have dx8 with f550 , after I add naza gps then I disable flap switch , for use F-mode switch like your , but the problem is at naza assi software when I move th f mode only highlight A , I can;t highlight for Att , gps , M , can you help me that thank you very much

glacier51

Hexcopter:
You in airplane or helo model?

I'm in airplane on my DX8 and use the FLAP switch for the flight modes. Flying a stock F550 frame with NAZA-GPS.

I have no idea if it matters, but I setup a "Wing Type" of 1 aileron, 1 flap in the Wing Type. Then assigned the FLAP switch to AUX1 on the receiver.

When I ran Assistant, on the FLAP SW: 0=GPS ATT, 1=ATT, 2=Manual. Works fine. I think the Travel on AUX1 was about 83-84% in both directions.

Ron

hexcopter

Hexcopter:
You in airplane or helo model?

I'm in airplane on my DX8 and use the FLAP switch for the flight modes. Flying a stock F550 frame with NAZA-GPS.

I have no idea if it matters, but I setup a "Wing Type" of 1 aileron, 1 flap in the Wing Type. Then assigned the FLAP switch to AUX1 on the receiver.

When I ran Assistant, on the FLAP SW: 0=GPS ATT, 1=ATT, 2=Manual. Works fine. I think the Travel on AUX1 was about 83-84% in both directions.

Ron
Hi some one show me disable the Flap switch and inable the Aux 1 then plug the wire from the Naza into Aux 1 on the receiver , I try that way but in naza assi software can't hightlight A-M_GPS , can you show me your set up with instruction ??

glacier51

Hex:
If you're still using the f-mode switch and in helo model type, what happens in Assistant when you move from 0 to 1 to 2 with the f-mode switch?

If nothing happens and the Assistant pointer stays in A, then you need to go into the DX8 setup for Switch Select and activate the f-mode switch if it isn't already. Mine is "INH", but I'm using the flap switch for flt control modes and I'm in airplane type.

badbill

I caught heck trying to get it into calibration till someone on RCG said to always stop the switch in GPS position. Works every time now.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

glacier51

Bill:
I've gotten a couple of calibrations behind me, but I can't get into the mode any longer. Tried different flip rates, longer flip times, pausing on GPS, etc.

I also start in GPS mode after getting good sat lock. Every few tries, I'll see a steady yellow for maybe 2 seconds, then back to slow flashing green. I also occasionally see a rapid flashing green, maybe 4-6 times, then back to slow flashing green.

Tahoe Ed

All I did was plug the Aux 1 channel into the U channel on the Naza and Gear into X1. Then I enabled the flap switch. Three modes on the flap, Gear for Failsafe and Aux 2 for IOC. Believe me this took me awhile to figure out as I was going by the manual. I had gear mapped to flap and a mix for Failsafe, Aux 2 for IOC was the easy part. After I figured it out, it was like why were you so stupid all along? Works well for me now as long as I don't need tilt for a gimbal.

Last edited by a moderator:

hexcopter

Hex:
If you're still using the f-mode switch and in helo model type, what happens in Assistant when you move from 0 to 1 to 2 with the f-mode switch?

If nothing happens and the Assistant pointer stays in A, then you need to go into the DX8 setup for Switch Select and activate the f-mode switch if it isn't already. Mine is "INH", but I'm using the flap switch for flt control modes and I'm in airplane type.
before add gps I use gear switch for A and M , for now with Fmode in assitant at 0 it show fail-safe at bottom right corner , then I move 0 to 1 , it highlight A , then move 1 to 2 show fail-safe at bottom right corner again . I use airplane mode not the heli

glacier51

before add gps I use gear switch for A and M , for now with Fmode in assitant at 0 it show fail-safe at bottom right corner , then I move 0 to 1 , it highlight A , then move 1 to 2 show fail-safe at bottom right corner again . I use airplane mode not the heli

OK, we've got something crossed here. I cannot get my fmode switch out of INH on the DX8 Switch Select page of setup. and I'm pretty sure the DX8 manual says the fmode switch is only for helo. I stand to be corrected.

If you PM me, I'll send you an Excel spreadsheet with my setup, complete with pictures. The file is about 2.5meg.

Tahoe Ed

You can use the Fmode switch on the Dx8 by connecting the Aux1 from your receiver to the U channel of the Naza or the WKM for that matter. Then you have to enable the Fmode in the menu. I put the Gear on X1 and Aux2 on X2. Works well for me.

hexcopter

I do the same , I enable the Fmode in the menu of dx8 :
trainer:Inh Flap: Inh
F mode:aux1 Mix:Inh
Gear:gear aux2:aux2
L trim:Inh R trim:Inh
Knob:aux3
I already connecting the Aux1 from your receiver to the U channel of the Naza , but not' working for use 3 possition sw

Tahoe Ed

Mine is Flight Mode: Flap Switch, Gear: Gear Switch, Flap: Flap Switch, Aux2: Aux2 Switch. It looks like your problem is you have the Flap inhibited. You need to enable it. Switch FMode to Flap SW. The rest seems ok.