NAZA firing motors full speed

OK, so I am running a hexa setup in V configuration. Has been, / was running great, then updated firmware.. ( currently now on assist software 1.8, firmware 2.02)
RC Timer 2830/11 motors, 8 x 4.5 props. NO GPS, All wiring has been checked and rechecked.. and like mentioned it WAS flying fine f=prior to this update.

I have sent this thing into the wall now 3 times trying to sort the issue out.. no luck.

When I fire up the hexa in Manual mode - the motors arm fine, slow spin... and seems to be ok.
The minute I flip to Atti mode , or try to start in Atti mode the motors hit warp speed and it flips over if sitting flat.

The configuration has been performed, all motors are spinning the correct way - brain is in the correct place, ect...

Absolutely cannot get the thing to fly normally in atti mode now.
Anyone have any ideas?

Just to confirm - IN full Manual mode I can go up/down the full stroke of my THR range and the motors act accordingly. As soon as I switch to ATTI mode they "start" at least above 50% THR, and max out before I have hit the 1/2 point on my THR stick throw.

kloner

Aerial DP
have you ran this past your dealer? the only thing i can think of to try is open an older version of assistant (look on your pc, theyre all there) and load that firmware then open 1.8 and load that firmware again

just sent email. Cannot seem to figure out how to downgrade the naza. I'd love to just take it back to 1.6!

have you ran this past your dealer? the only thing i can think of to try is open an older version of assistant (look on your pc, theyre all there) and load that firmware then open 1.8 and load that firmware again

kloner

Aerial DP
on a windows machine, Start, DJI, which ever version you want should be in that folder, start it up and it'll want it's firmware on the naza

Ok. Will try on the wife's windows computer. I'm on a Mac running parallels. I tried both earlier versions of the softwre- When I start it up, it just says "incompatible version" In the upper right of the configuration software and will not let me do anything...

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Patterson,

Are you experiencing the same behaviour like in the video ?

boris

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
its not my setup from a friend. As far as i remember the gaza was just wacko and over with it. I have to ask him again though to go sure !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
patterson sorry to tell you just talked to the friend who had the same issue. He sent it to his reseller who told him that it was never bought at his place. The reseller wanted to send it back to him unlooked at, so he was pissed and told him to throw it into the trash. He was convinced that it couldn't have been fixed anyways etc.

In your case I would send an email to DJI support CC in your reseller and add the video to the email. See what they can do for you.

Boris

Thank you.
Well I will have to bite the bullet I guess. It was on someone elses' word that it was flying "fine" before I upgraded the firmware - So I am now guessing the guy that I bought it from was possibly not completely truthfulll on that one. As now he will not reply to emails, or phone calls, unfortunate as he seemed nice. On that note - anyone in the Vancouver BC - Burnaby area? That knows a guy names Dean who owns a few multirotors? If so I'd love to get another phone number for him..

WORST ISSUE IS... I was just building up my old hexa for a friend, and paid for this stuff to help him get flying for cheap.. Now I'm out 400 bucks, and a load of time wiring. People suck sometimes.

patterson sorry to tell you just talked to the friend who had the same issue. He sent it to his reseller who told him that it was never bought at his place. The reseller wanted to send it back to him unlooked at, so he was pissed and told him to throw it into the trash. He was convinced that it couldn't have been fixed anyways etc.

In your case I would send an email to DJI support CC in your reseller and add the video to the email. See what they can do for you.

Boris

Last edited by a moderator: