My brushless gimbal result

Maybe a stupid question but what do you do with wye bundle leads( e1+e2+e3 ) as you conect s1 s2 s3 wires to esc ?
Do you just connect and leave these wye bundle leads together and do not connect it to anything ?

Like this
gymamypy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
Send an email to phebe.chou@iflight-rc.com and ask her for special 4006 / 360Kv motor for brushless gimbal. You may have to buy through a dealer.

We talked to them about the special winding required for brushless gimbal.

:) We will have the pre-wounded motor on order with them and will have it available for sale soon. But of course I have no idea if it will work or not or how the winding turn out yet.

DennyR

Did you try .21 wire and 150 star turns yet on any other motors? I have two coming and will be trying them soon. I have used the 3506 MT in that wind, but with .2 wire which works ok but I like the idea of the larger 50 mm bell dia. for DSLR weights.

All this motor rewinding takes me back a few years to when we raced slot cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

GotHeliRC

Did you try .21 wire and 150 star turns yet on any other motors? I have two coming and will be trying them soon. I have used the 3506 MT in that wind, but with .2 wire which works ok but I like the idea of the larger 50 mm bell dia. for DSLR weights.

All this motor rewinding takes me back a few years to when we raced slot cars.

I believe that is what I wind for the roll motor on the DSLR mount, 150t. Can't remembered for sure.

GotHeliRC

Great news. So i finally have time to actually fine tune the nex5 gimbal today to see if I can fix the horizon issue. Turn out it's a tune issue, the horizon now hold very good, I would say 95-98%. I couldn't figure out why it would loose horizon when I give it stationary rudder. Turn out the GAIN was too high, causing accelerometer to over react every time it sen motion causing it to drift off. Reduce the gain by 40% but it was still able to hold level and decrease the use of power by half!

I will post a video after I get some shot other than the boring park. :)

Yehhhhhaaaa!

jfro

Aerial Fun
that's impressive. Sounds like their might have been a little wind.

Do you think your motors will handle a gh2, gh3, or 5d mark II?

What's the latest on getting the Alexmos controller?

Are you planning on selling the motors for peeps to make their own gimbles?
Are you going to be selling a complete gimble w/ Alexmos controller?

Might you be shipping in volume in the next 30, 60, or 90 days?

I'm sorry for the 20 questions but it's late and my brain is fried and I don't have enough energy to reread the previous posts......l

Fredrik R

Great news. So i finally have time to actually fine tune the nex5 gimbal today to see if I can fix the horizon issue. Turn out it's a tune issue, the horizon now hold very good, I would say 95-98%. I couldn't figure out why it would loose horizon when I give it stationary rudder. Turn out the GAIN was too high, causing accelerometer to over react every time it sen motion causing it to drift off. Reduce the gain by 40% but it was still able to hold level and decrease the use of power by half!

I will post a video after I get some shot other than the boring park. :)

Yehhhhhaaaa!

Nice Denny!

What are your PID settings on the roll now?

GotHeliRC

that's impressive. Sounds like their might have been a little wind.

Do you think your motors will handle a gh2, gh3, or 5d mark II?

What's the latest on getting the Alexmos controller?

Are you planning on selling the motors for peeps to make their own gimbles?
Are you going to be selling a complete gimble w/ Alexmos controller?

Might you be shipping in volume in the next 30, 60, or 90 days?

I'm sorry for the 20 questions but it's late and my brain is fried and I don't have enough energy to reread the previous posts......l

What is the width and height of the GH2? It might fit in this gimbal, not sure. As for the motor, you can check my youtube channel to see the DSLR gimbal.

Yes we are selling the gimbal, gimbal without board, motor with wind and without. I do understand some of you do not want to mess with it and some of you do. This is why we will sell all 3 option. Also, I want to make it cleared that this won't be cheaper than the YUN-1 gimbal from FPVmodel, I am not sure why some people would even expect it to be cheaper. This is twice the size and not being produce at high volume (we can't). Please understand we are a small company and I am doing the R&D and even making some of it own part. Those who think this is easy with just two brushless motor and a few part, wait until you try it yourself. It will be very easy for a GoPro, but once you get to a Nex5 weight/mass you will think again. For those who have built it and put it in front of a mirror and it work great, wait until you put it on your copter and fly it, then think again.

Nice Denny!

What are your PID settings on the roll now?

If you're asking me. It's 18-40-10 for roll.

Skysurf

Does anyone know if it would be possible to run two motors per axis of the Alexmos SBGC? I would like to use two motors on roll and two on tilt.

Thanks,

Jesper

nicwilke

Does anyone know if it would be possible to run two motors per axis of the Alexmos SBGC? I would like to use two motors on roll and two on tilt.

Thanks,

Jesper

I was thinking that the other day, it would increase torque. I wonder if the motors offset a few degrees would assist in angle resolution if paired?

GotHeliRC

1 brushless esc can not run 2 brushless motor right? same concept.

Plus, there's no way to wind two motor the exact same, it would be a nightmare to run them together. <IMO.