Wiring help - S800 & Zenmuse

hazardpro

Hi all

Just wanted to double check some wiring on my set up.

I want to hook up 2 cameras on the S800. The first being the Zenmuse, second being a small 12v FPV cam.

I have the DJI OSD which supports 2 AV sources.

So I have the 3.5mm jack lead that plugs into the 'video out' on the Zenmuse module, also the lead that plugs into the FPV cam.

So 2 questions:

In the OSD manual, the wiring diagram shows either Zenmuse OR 2 alternative video sources. It doesn't show you being able to mix the Zenmuse with another source.

Also it shows only a ground and Av connection between the Zenmuse and OSD (eg not the power lead) - do I not connect the power lead?

View attachment 9006

Attachments

• wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 152

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
The power coming out of the GCU is used when you power your video TX directly from the zenmuse/GCU, for example if no OSD is in the game. The OSD gets it power directly from the lipo so the power feed from the GCU/zenmuse is not needed.

You have two AV inputs AV1 for example becomes the zenmuse Av 2 becomes the fpv cam.

The fps cam will need one of the video signals and red and black. the zenmuse will need video source and black/gnd.

Have a multimeter arrouns and measure before you connect anything just to got sure !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
by the way the odd doesnt have to be connected to the PMU via can-bus any can bus connection on the OSD and any free can bus on any device can be used to get the OSD into the can-bus chain !