Mikrokopter MK power distribution board

crcr

Thanks Guys,

I will have a play around and see what I can do, I'll also try the copper clad board Ross. Hopefully get this done today and I'll report back.

I have my receiver and serializer board quite close to the Navi and am wondering if this may be causing something unwanted? I will move it to the underside and see what happens here also.
View attachment 1670

David the PH issues are random flyaways and I never know when its going to happen, sometimes it only flys 3 or 4 metres away before coming back and other times it looks like it doesn't want to stop. Its scary when it happens because it tilts right over in a flash and shes off, if it was gentle I could probably put up with it a little, but its not and scares the sh#t out of me. The other day it took off into a tree and I wasn't quick enough to switch off PH and ended up Mowing a few branches off a tree. Its scary Sh#t!!

Cheers,
Craig

Attachments

• DSC00656-2.jpg
    DSC00656-2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 262
Last edited by a moderator:

Craig, I know what you mean by scary when this 'thing' that you have built is perhaps somewhere up in the sky and mixing it with tree branches, etc.. As you say scarySh#t. I have to agree with Ross though and what he is suggesting sounds reasonably easy and if successful will eliminate a lot of the componentry from the argument.

crcr

Well I moved the receiver onto the camera mount and took the Xbee off completely put ferrite rings on the PPM converter power and till no difference. I'm off to buy some copper clad board, do you think I need should cover the whole top plate or just under the MK boards?

In the first flight I actually got 15 Error(s): FC I2C --> BLCtrl for the first time, didn't notice anything different in the flight, the next 2 flight had no errors.

Cheers,
Craig

Macsgrafs

Well I moved the receiver onto the camera mount and took the Xbee off completely put ferrite rings on the PPM converter power and till no difference. I'm off to buy some copper clad board, do you think I need should cover the whole top plate or just under the MK boards?

In the first flight I actually got 15 Error(s): FC I2C --> BLCtrl for the first time, didn't notice anything different in the flight, the next 2 flight had no errors.

Cheers,
Craig

Just under the MK boards should be fine, there isnt much else you can do.

Ross

crcr

Well guys I think we have success at long last :) I won't get too excited just yet as I've only done about 20-30min of flying/hovering with this setup, but I now get a GPS hold facing all directions which is a good thing, and the Inclination values have come down about 4 deg.

I got some of that copper clad board and as a trial I put it under the FC and also between the FC and Navi, the problem now is the hood won't fit cause the stack is too high, but this is a minor problem though after what I've been through over the last month, so much trial and error. Anyway once I have it tuned in perfectly I think I'll try taking one of the boards out, but for now I want to enjoy flying this thing at last!!

Thanks heaps for all your help guys and I'll report back again once I have it all finalised.

View attachment 1692

Cheers,
Craig

Attachments

• DSC00657-2.jpg
    DSC00657-2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 280

Macsgrafs

Glad to have been of such a small help to you Craig, that's what these forums are for...now if only I could get help ;)

Ross

Macsgrafs

EVERYTHING :) :)
To be honest Craig, I tested my octo yesterday & it was nearly full throttle until lift off...went out again today with 2 fully charged 4000ma 4S 35-70c lipos, running them in parallel & had a quick test flight. Done about 3 orbits lasting a total of 3 mins...measued the batteries & each cell is no 3.85v which is nearly fully discharged...3 mins!!!!!!! Thats without any camera gear. It was full throttle to get off the deck, once in the air I could come down to just above 1/2 throttle. Now I dont know if its the 12 x 6 props or maybe I need a biggger prop?????

Ross