KDE XF esc's

kloner

Aerial DP
KDE started shipping there new line of XF series esc's this week, my fleets transformation will begin today...... You want to talk about some sexy little esc's, this would be them. they got a nice little heatsink wrapped in the package, these oughta get-r-done

I'll be installing 35 amp and 55 amp into 3 rigs and will keep my findings on this post, stay tuned.

View attachment 18654

Attachments

• IMG_1111.jpg
    IMG_1111.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 362
Last edited by a moderator:

jfro

Aerial Fun
KDE started shipping there new line of XF series esc's this week, my fleets transformation will begin today...... You want to talk about some sexy little esc's, this would be them. they got a nice little heatsink wrapped in the package, these oughta get-r-done

I'll be installing 35 amp and 55 amp into 3 rigs and will keep my findings on this post, stay tuned.

View attachment 22928

I assume the rigs are KDE and Tiger motors?

kloner

Aerial DP
tiger u7, kde 3520 and kde 4014 till the kde u7 killers come out.

Unpacking they remind me of opening a new pair of shoes, smells just like it....

jfro

Aerial Fun
tiger u7, kde 3520 and kde 4014 till the kde u7 killers come out.

Unpacking they remind me of opening a new pair of shoes, smells just like it....

Probably more like a kid in a toy store or kid at Christmas !

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
I have 8 of the 35amp ones on their way now :)

Going to be using with the KDE 4014 380kv motors and their 3 blade prop adapters which I have already on my Gryphon Dynamics build.
Will test them against my Herk V3's to see how they behave...

maxwelltub

Kloner which are the U7 killers. I'd much rather by KDE then U7 but I am concerned the KDEs wont deliver enough thrust. There spec sheets look great but heard they fall a little short in real life.

Garret H

We just got in KDE's new ESCs and they look awesome.

Some of the features:
  • Dynamic PWM and Motor Advance Timing algorithms provide industry-leading compatibility, specific tuning to the demands of the sUAS application, and simple plug-and-play installation with the world-class KDE Direct XF-Series Multi-Rotor Brushless Motor Series (sold separately).
  • Proprietary algorithm for up to 600Hz refresh rate control and high-speed response to flight system commands.
  • Highest-grade, extremely-low resistance (0.9 mΩ) MOSFETs for industry-leading performance and maximum efficiency.
  • 10,000+ hour, long-life and low-ESR Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors are used for high-durability and maximum protection of the internal circuitry for optimal operation.
  • Critical internal components are protected by the thermal-epoxy bonded Aluminum 6061-T6 heatsink and a vibration-damping, foam composite backing.

http://www.altitudehobbies.com/kde-uas-multi-rotor-escs

Garret

kloner

Aerial DP
Kloner which are the U7 killers. I'd much rather by KDE then U7 but I am concerned the KDEs wont deliver enough thrust. There spec sheets look great but heard they fall a little short in real life.

the KDE5215XF are amazingly nice inside and out,,,,,, there just getting the testing underway but these things blow away the u7 by a long shot from what i'm told.

Here’s a few sneak-peak pictures of the design and I’ll have full Dyno-data soon – there’s no doubt, these will CRUSH the U7s, both in torque and efficiency. I have no concerns there…purely by the electromechanical design, these are true-industry grade products. everything will be cleaned up more for final production (cleaner windings, surface finishing, etc.).

View attachment 18686View attachment 18687View attachment 18688View attachment 18689

everything about em is amazing, none of that stuff is inside my u7's....

Attachments

• IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0720.JPG
    IMG_0720.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0725.JPG
    IMG_0725.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 209

kloner

Aerial DP
heres a vid from the first hop on the disco.... zero commutation problems, they make a bit of noise..... other than that theres a 10,000 mah 6s disco, 1/2 hour flights....

Clogz

Skunking about...
I've got a set of U5's and a set of XF3510's to evaluate. In terms of build quality there's no comparison - KDE's win hands down! :)

Also got a set of the XF ESC's strapped on a donkey that's on it's way over to the UK....this donkey always takes a looonnnggg time to arrive....;)

kloner

Aerial DP
just got done checking the XF 55's with a set of tiger u7 and they DO NOT work,,, major commutation to where the motor consistently stalls,,,,,, DO NOT buy them with intentions of using them with u7.....

gonna get on the wait list for the 5315's...

Clogz

Skunking about...
just got done checking the XF 55's with a set of tiger u7 and they DO NOT work,,, major commutation to where the motor consistently stalls,,,,,, DO NOT buy them with intentions of using them with u7.....

Interesting - thanks for that. I was going to replace some T-motor ESC's running U5's with the XF35's. I'll save the XF35's for the XF3510's I've got waiting for another chassis - that'll definitely work and will probably be my preferred setup anyway.

ary

how it behave during fast decending? zero oscilations?

heres a vid from the first hop on the disco.... zero commutation problems, they make a bit of noise..... other than that theres a 10,000 mah 6s disco, 1/2 hour flights....

ary

[h=1]Another candidate :
Foxtech Multi-Pal 60A OPTO ESC(Simonk Firmware)[/h]http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-multipal-60a-opto-escsimonk-firmware-p-1490.html

KDE Direct

KDE Direct, LLC.

Hey Steve,

Can you show me a video of the commutation errors with the U7s? The U7 is a basic 14-pole motor, nothing special about it, and we're not witnessing compatibility issues with the XF 55A+ on our test bench.

Are you running the motors through the flight-controller, or direct off of a RX to check throttle response? Make sure you are not reaching 0% throttle during the test, or you will initiate the motor start-up sequence, causing a slight delay to prevent overcurrent situations from occurring.

kloner

Aerial DP
it was through SuperX flight controller in manual mode..... 18" tiger prop. Tried it on 2 different motors just to make sure. looks like this. was bumping it 1/4 to full and it locks up with any speed, slowly ramped it looks like the middle part where it worked. no heat anywhere, does it on command

(video shows finishing uploading 10:30)

I only have a dirt area to do that over, what a mess, that's alot of thrust

There are logs of those as well showing clock and throttle position,,,, i'd have to put a windows rig together to get to them though, recently converted to mac so,,,,