Hoverfly Hoverfly Gimbal Controller?

PaNt

It seems to be great..! i have the picloc and i will use it with my new HFP but then i might try and their gimbal controller :)

Photronix

Pilot
Do you mean our own video? There have been videos posted by our customers.

I will shoot something this week and post it.

I haven't seen a single video on the web of the Hoverfly gimbal system working with 360 pan and mag lock.
Can someone point me to one?

Do you mean our own video? There have been videos posted by our customers.

I will shoot something this week and post it.

Yes I did.
I guess I was hoping I would see a pirouette/yaw left and right whilst the cam pointed the same way. That way I could gauge the smoothness and reaction time.

Do you know if it's magnetometer only, or slaved to accelerometer and gyro too to give better head hold?

Thank you

Matt

Yes. Did you watch the whole video? I thought it would pretty obvious.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the video shows him flying a circle with continuous yaw motion while the camera stays pointed in a fixed direction. isn't that about what you're asking for?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I'm thinking about buying the hoverfly gimbal as I need something that will work very soon. I cant wait for all the fixes to get ironed out on my skyline unfortunately. It sounds like it is pretty straight forward but I just want to check if there are any weird things going on with it. All I need is roll and tilt with tilt over ride for a dual operator gimbal control.

Photronix

Pilot
You can use the Roll/Tilt outputs on the PRO. Unless you want independent control. The HoverflyGIMBAL works a bit differently than the Roll/Tilt on the PRO. Of course I am very biased but the HoverflyGIMBAL is working amazingly well. The the only limit these days is the mechanics of the gimbals available. The HoverflyGIMBAL has 80,000 steps per axis and can output data much faster than any gimbal can move.

I have no complaints with my HFGimbal... no second operator but i have full control on tilt and its smooth and slow and can be changed.

PaNt

Guys at the end what do you think about the controller???

I have a picloc to replace it with the HF or not??!

Photronix

Pilot
You will want to hear from our customers. But here is my biased 2 cents.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the HoverflyGIMBAL. Seriously, it works perfectly well. As a matter of fact any lag or bumps you will see using it are your gimbal mechanics. The number one problem I have is Poteniometers and I wish the super fast Savox servos were faster. The HoverflyGIMBAL corrects for slow servos with "advance". I have not had a single problem with any of the many AV200-360 gimbals I have built except having to replace pots and dremel tool down socket heads. It outputs 80,000 steps of resolution on each axis much much faster than the gimbals can react.

At this point we need better gimbals.

The only down side right now is the setup software, which is already really easy, to use needs to be cleaned up. Dan and I are working on that in the next few days.

We have sold hundreds of these and are now OUT OF STOCK. We will have new boards in about 2 weeks. These new boards work directly with Cinestar no-name brand servos.

If you convince me that you really need one now I may be able to rustle one up but as of right now the stock bin is empty.

Everyone I have talked to loves the HoverflyGIMBAL

PaNt

You will want to hear from our customers. But here is my biased 2 cents.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the HoverflyGIMBAL. Seriously, it works perfectly well. As a matter of fact any lag or bumps you will see using it are your gimbal mechanics. The number one problem I have is Poteniometers and I wish the super fast Savox servos were faster. The HoverflyGIMBAL corrects for slow servos with "advance". I have not had a single problem with any of the many AV200-360 gimbals I have built except having to replace pots and dremel tool down socket heads. It outputs 80,000 steps of resolution on each axis much much faster than the gimbals can react.

At this point we need better gimbals.

The only down side right now is the setup software, which is already really easy, to use needs to be cleaned up. Dan and I are working on that in the next few days.

We have sold hundreds of these and are now OUT OF STOCK. We will have new boards in about 2 weeks. These new boards work directly with Cinestar no-name brand servos.

If you convince me that you really need one now I may be able to rustle one up but as of right now the stock bin is empty.

Everyone I have talked to loves the HoverflyGIMBAL

Hmmm nice ...!

I would like to try it before i order one.1 I will w8 to see some customers....!

As you say its the gimbal and the hole setup..! If i dont have a good result with 3xprov2 and Savox servos then why do i have to buy it??!

What about bugs?? what about roll?? is it always leveled??