HELP! My Phantom is not being recognized in Windows 7 - cannot run Assistant software

Quietriot

Because the Phantom is a substantially better value for basically the same ship as a 450 and for $670 it is 100% ready to fly, transmitter and all - kind of a no-brainer.

True, that was my thoughts and I nearly purchased a Phantom. However I decided to build a 450 instead so I had a craft I could upgrade or add to easily when I out grow it.

Sent by my fingers

Quietriot

Agree with the upgrading potential for sure, but I have an addictive personality and never know when to quite doing mods, improvements on these things (seriously). Also, I kind of like the white 'skin' on the Phantom because I can put vinyl graphics on it (company logo, etc.) Also, at dusk those intense LED's on the four arms will come in quite handy for visibility and to freak out the town folk <grin>

mcandies

Quietriot is not the only one with this problem. My Phantom is about 6 months old so I don't have the luxury of sending it back. I have connected it to the assistant several times to install updates and make gain adjustments. I recently changed props and need to make gain adjustments again but cannot because it will not connect to the assistant. I have bypassed the original grey USB cable, reinstalled the USB drivers and still no connection. I sent an email to DJI and hoping for a reply with a solution.

Tahoe Ed

Have you had any crashes? Can you show us some screen shots of what you are seeing? What version of the software/firmware are you trying to access. It would also be helpful to show us a picture of your Phantom so we can see what you are looking at. While 6 months of ownership is a while, have you contacted your dealer? Also since you were under the hood, did you check the connection between the LED/USB and the Naza? No connection there, no connection in your computer. Make sure that it is plugged into the LED can bus port.

mcandies

Quietriot is not the only one with this problem. My Phantom is about 6 months old so I don't have the luxury of sending it back. I have connected it to the assistant several times to install updates and make gain adjustments. I recently changed props and need to make gain adjustments again but cannot because it will not connect to the assistant. I have bypassed the original grey USB cable, reinstalled the USB drivers and still no connection. I sent an email to DJI and hoping for a reply with a solution.

I thought I would post what I found. I replaced the stock Phantom receiver with a Spektrum 921 and added a telemetry module with GPS module. Seems it was a dumb a#$ mistake on my part, (go figure). When removing the top of the Phantom I unplugged the GPS and LED wires from the NAZA to prevent damage. Well it seems that upon reinstalling these two connectors that I reversed them. So chalk this one up to operator error. Thanks to Taho Ed for shaking my brain and giving it a kick start.

LluisMas

Hi, after 3 weeks with the same problem, i discover in a usb connector one of two resistors for d+ and d-, "open".
I leave this resistors (jumpers ???) and i place a little wire (jumper).
After this, problem is resolved.
NOTE: in this little pcb on usb connector, the two wires for D+ and D- are twisted. This is important if you change this pcb-connector by a standard usb (maybe biger).
Good luck !

gmazn

Naza Assistant problem. I am posting this on multiple sites hoping to get an intelligent and honest answer. We have two phantom 2’s 2 months and 3 months old( 02.02.14 and 03.13.14), running the current firmware. Mine being the newest of them. I have read post after post regarding this and have tried every solution fix that has been posted:

(multiple computers, winxp,7,mac vmware w/ xp, every port , every port config, changed system files, installed and deleted drivers every way possible, changed cables, changed vu ports, reflashed NAZA f1-f2 with servo cable, tried all available firmware. Changed to accept unsigned drivers, turned internet on/off ……and on and on.)
Both Phantoms will not go into the NAZA assistant mode. The NAZA assistant has the serial number area blank, the usb driver connection chimes when connected, device manager shows drivers installed and working correctly. NAZA program shows com with the NAZA server showing my registered name, the two lights do not light in the NAZA program first page. The NAZA program locks on its boot page, Goto skip to open it.
The DJI assistant works fine on Mac and changes can be made without a problem. We are trying to upgrade to a Futaba TX and would like the NAZA assistant to work. It seems to be a communication problem, NAZA assistant and driver related. Is there anyone who really knows the solution, or wait till the firmware catches up to the hardware? Way too many fixes and solutions to this problem seem to be random luck. It may seem that we have really messed with the system, These procedures have been carried out mutiple times in very logical and painfully long sessions to try to solve the problem. I have tried things to get this running on a windows platform that we haven’t had to do in 15 years. What is the missing link ?

LluisMas

Hi gmazn, in fact i have the same problem. Dji as changed some thing in assistant software. I can't connect my phantom2 with naza assistant software..... but yes with phantom assistant, with limitations due to software changes made in dji. For example if you want to change in RC, from D-BUS to TRADITION...... That is impossible !!! I have tryied very times to connect with different versions of Naza assistant, and nothing.
In my case i have a main controller like naza (same colour, same size) this is labeled "PHANTOM" not NAZA. I d'ont know what type is it.
You can try to connect with Phantom Assistant Software, and when connected you can switch naza or phantom.
Regards !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha49

I had a problem with an older update so I rolled back the firmware on the craft by using the back up then I simply never updated after that. It works fine why mess with what's working fine.