Has DJI gone out of business ?

gmcg

Last week I purchased a DJI NASA-M, downloaded the DJI NAZAM Assistant software and proceeded to register, but I never got an activation email, so I tried again with a different email address but still no activation email

Then I tried sending an email to support, but no reply

Then I used the report a problem feature on their web site, but no reply

These actions have been repeated now over the last 4 days, still no reply

Are they out of business? have I wasted my money because I can see no means of configuring the NAZA without using their software

Does anybody know what’s going on

Regards Gerald

ari

Last week I purchased a DJI NASA-M, downloaded the DJI NAZAM Assistant software and proceeded to register, but I never got an activation email, so I tried again with a different email address but still no activation email

Then I tried sending an email to support, but no reply

Then I used the report a problem feature on their web site, but no reply

These actions have been repeated now over the last 4 days, still no reply

Are they out of business? have I wasted my money because I can see no means of configuring the NAZA without using their software

Does anybody know what’s going on

Regards Gerald

:nevreness: No they definitely have not gone out of business. Check your spam folder.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I tried logging into my account, but the link for the account login is not working. No link is there but the account login image, they probably put some new software on the site, that was done buy the same guy who programs the nazas, so it is no wonder it's not working.

gmcg

No nothing in the spam folder, I even tried from a different computer with a different email account and still no reply

kloner

Aerial DP
i don't ever remember getting an activation email...... the assistant just worked after registering and the screen telling you to register quits coming up.

gmcg

i don't ever remember getting an activation email...... the assistant just worked after registering and the screen telling you to register quits coming up.

This is the message I get

"One more step for your success registration, we have sent you an activation email to your registered email address gerald@xxxxxxxxxxx.com, please login your email and click on the activation link to activate your account.

If you have not receive the activation email, please check:
1. Please confirm whether the email address is correct or not : gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx.com
2. Please check your junk mail in your mailbox"

But no email and when I try to use the software it tells me to log in

note gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx.com is not my real email to prevent spam

ari

This is the message I get

"One more step for your success registration, we have sent you an activation email to your registered email address gerald@xxxxxxxxxxx.com, please login your email and click on the activation link to activate your account.

If you have not receive the activation email, please check:
1. Please confirm whether the email address is correct or not : gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx.com
2. Please check your junk mail in your mailbox"

But no email and when I try to use the software it tells me to log in

note gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx.com is not my real email to prevent spam

Download older version of the software and try to register with that. They changed the registration process in the newer versions.

Here's a link to 2.12 - http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/nazam-v2/NAZAM_2.12_Installer.exe

gmcg

Thanks ari

I tried that version but unfortunately the result is the same, still no activation email

CdA D

Thanks ari

I tried that version but unfortunately the result is the same, still no activation email

Try contacting whom you bought your system from and they should be able to get to going. At least that's what I have heard.

gmcg

Try contacting whom you bought your system from and they should be able to get to going. At least that's what I have heard.

Yes, looks like I'm going to have to do that

Having stared at this expensive matchbox size bundle of useless electronics for the last 4 days it just seem incredible that they can sell something which doesn't come with working software !

Burntpixel

This makes me wonder what to expect once I have my from scratch Phantom build completed. I used a replacement Phantom shell. That shell did not come with a serial#.

saidquad

I will, I’ve got used to have something around which needs to be upgraded forever! So far it has changed from a useless unprofessional aerial photography MR to a half EVO thing! Very expensive and irritating evolution! Some upgrades are in negative direction! Like upgrading to IMU V2 and BT-LED and related software and firmware and losing the functionality of RTH switch! Very impressive DJI! Keep on good work!

kloner

Aerial DP
when you open the naza software you can't hit cancel and it opens up? maybe cause my first one was so long ago, but i remember there server being down before and there was a workaround. you get so many without logging in.

it is most likely the radio that isn't setup unless your using sbuss and naza is looking for traditional pwm or the like..... it does come ready to fly, but you gotta set sub trims and end points to get the radio making naza in anything but failsafe.

gmcg

when you open the naza software you can't hit cancel and it opens up? maybe cause my first one was so long ago, but i remember there server being down before and there was a workaround. you get so many without logging in.

it is most likely the radio that isn't setup unless your using sbuss and naza is looking for traditional pwm or the like..... it does come ready to fly, but you gotta set sub trims and end points to get the radio making naza in anything but failsafe.

Tried that and you can step through the menus but when I connect my NAZA-M it asks me to log in again and there doesn't seem to be a way around this

gmcg

I should have said, I’ve flown quads with KK boards and Multii (much fiddling to get decent flight performance) so have some idea of what I’m doing

The company I bought this from also sell ZeroUAV YS-X4, should I return this and try a YS-X4 or dare I ask is there anything else that more or less works out of the box, I want to fly not program (that’s my day job) ?

kloner

Aerial DP
they all need a pc to make work. Your basically configuring the radio to the controller, they all have alot of options like ppm, pwm or sbus input, it doesn't auto detect, you have to click it. Have to calibrate naza to your radio, set endpoints on the mode channel, make sure left is left, fore is fore etc.

gmcg

they all need a pc to make work. Your basically configuring the radio to the controller, they all have alot of options like ppm, pwm or sbus input, it doesn't auto detect, you have to click it. Have to calibrate naza to your radio, set endpoints on the mode channel, make sure left is left, fore is fore etc.

Yes, but the DJI software has to work before I can do any of this and without the activation email it doesn't

CdA D

Yes, looks like I'm going to have to do that

Having stared at this expensive matchbox size bundle of useless electronics for the last 4 days it just seem incredible that they can sell something which doesn't come with working software !

Not trying to defend DJI, but from what I understand is they are a small company without enought tech help. Developing products that are very technical. Then we are not happy when they don't work. I know that these things are EXPENCIVE, but think about all that it does. It is electronic and it is the internet, not exactly perfect. Not to mention that a LOT of people are buying these things. So they get a little overwelmed. Going through your supplier is the best way to get things done with them. Good luck!