GH4 is shipping

drifter, can you confirm again
you gut a analog signal overt the AV-Out of the gh4?
or you got it converted to analog over the hdmi port?

my (kopterworx) hdmi converter woks on the gh4...the quality of signal is not as nice as on the pocket camera though...maybe too sharp for analog signals

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
we only get signal out of the hdmi with a converter.... the av output is only review feed, no live feed

I'm using a kopterworx converter

Vojec

Today I got GH4 and want use ultra thin HDMI cable for FPV. Is it somewhere on market available ultra thin HDMI cable micro HDMI Type D to HDMI? On GH2 use thin mini HDMI to HDMI from GotHeliRC and works awsome.
Enyway how do you guys get FPV picture from GH4? Thank's.

kloner

Aerial DP
that's the one you want, micro hdmi, yep, got signal. i changed "tv connection" to 1080i and it works perfect.... also have my 4k downconverted on the hdmi setup but i'm guessing that might be able to go back.

cbuk

that's the one you want, micro hdmi, yep, got signal. i changed "tv connection" to 1080i and it works perfect.... also have my 4k downconverted on the hdmi setup but i'm guessing that might be able to go back.

Hi kloner, are you saying that it is possible to record in 4K and have the HDMI output in 1080i?

I wonder if this means it would work with the zenmuse HDMI convertor?

Drifter3060

Kloner, are you able to record at 24 and transmit sd with your converter? My hdmi converter (white one from amazon) only works at 29.97 or 59.94

baja-king

Here for the ride :)

Attachments

• GH-4.jpg
    GH-4.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 351

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
One not good enough for you!

Just looking at your SD cards there and notice the write speed is 45 MB/s
Has Panasonic messed up somehow in their advertising as surely class U3 cards should be faster than class U1 cards?
http://panasonic.net/avc/sdcard/product_lineup/

Class 1 is min 10 MB/s write speed while Class 3 is min 30 MB/s?

Not sure but I'm going to test my current Sandisk Extreme U1 45MB cards and see if if they work...

This article sheds some light... http://hexus.net/tech/news/storage/62257-sd-association-adds-uhs-u3-speed-class-support-4k2k/

Quinton

jfro

Aerial Fun
Mine came in yesterday. Playing around with it as I get time. I need to spend some time with HDMI to composite converter. It worked in some modes, but not all. Will report on that later.

I did a 2 minute flight in 4k / 24fps @ 24 Hz and one at 4k 30fps @58 Hz. Used my 64gb Sandisk 95MB/s Extreme Pro with no issues. Forget which one, but one was about 600MB per minute so maybe 90+ minutes on 1 card. I have a 64gb Sandisk Pro at 80MB/s that I'll try soon.

Having some issues with files playing back in Win 7, but too early to tell. Windows media player doesn't like to play QT files from the GH4 so far both on laptop and workstation. Had 1 file show up wrong length of video in Vegas Pro, but showed and worked OK after I trimmed it. In Premiere v5.5 it showed ok. Lots more testing to do.

Doing a quick 90 second test taking 4k 30fps video and exporting as 1080p. On laptop so can't make any judgments till I see it on good monitor. Some peeps seem to think it's sharper than recording in 108op.

Lots of new stuff in menu's to learn even though I've been a GH1, GH2, GH3 user in past. I'm hoping that the stills in te Gh4 are good enough to get me to sell my 5D Mark II. It's still worth a good price and is so good for photo's and low light work it's hard to let it go.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Just always more stuff. Just tried to import camera raw from GH4 into Photoshop and Lightroom.
Looks like I have to upgrade or find another way. Neither will read the GH4 raw files.
I'm not doing the cloud and I've settled on upgrades every other upgrade on many software packages. Hope this doesn't force me to chance.

kloner

Aerial DP
adobe has not created the import filter for this cam yet.... the software it comes with silkypix totaly opens and saves them, but yea, i have a bunch of stuff i did raw and adobe wouldn't open them. should be relatively soon....

I've been using 90mbs class 10 cards from sony and 80mb sandisk micro in adapters with no problems.... we used 40mbs cards in pre production cameras and it lost like 5 takes in 20 total.... had them broken files in the folder but no fixing it....

mine is working on the kopterworx adapters, the cheapest way is the amazon white hdmi2av converters, but to make them realisticly flyable takes some baller mods,,,,, unsolder all the rca crap, remove the case, heat shrink it

this is one with the bec's strategicaly placed and held apart to prevent overheating, converter and vtx....
20140108195636-48dc2c3e.jpg