GH4 is shipping

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
When you say timelapse do you mean video or stills? I find it hard to believe any card would barf taking jpeg/RAW even simultaneously.

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, it was something else. It has a built in timelapse or stop motion mode, it creates a video from a pile of stills internaly..... whatever you set it to.... has a lot of options, trying one now, gonna post it from gh4 and from premiere to see if it helps or hurts.... will output 4k .mp4 though video fast

wanna do some more night flight shots and gonna give time lapse a shot. like a rail but on steroids

we had this with pre production cams too, no ryhme or reason, it'd just lockup

fdproductions

FD Productions
mine keeps locking up also, its so frustrating i feel like im back to my go pro days when id have to take the damn battery of the camera to actually turn it off, what your saying is that its freezing because im using an extreme not a u3 or that its going to happen on both cards when recording in 4k?

yea, it was something else. It has a built in timelapse or stop motion mode, it creates a video from a pile of stills internaly..... whatever you set it to.... has a lot of options, trying one now, gonna post it from gh4 and from premiere to see if it helps or hurts.... will output 4k .mp4 though video fast

wanna do some more night flight shots and gonna give time lapse a shot. like a rail but on steroids

we had this with pre production cams too, no ryhme or reason, it'd just lockup

kloner

Aerial DP
dunno why they lockup, it never seems like the hero thing where the memory would malfunction, it's more like the firmware is still buggy..... was hoping this wouldn't happen, the one we borrowed was the same exact way.

I'm just doing stills, super simple stuff, but only once so far,,,, this things gone through 3 charged batteries today and it's been shooting since the sun came up.... it cooled down outside, finally

fdproductions

FD Productions
im going to shoot some aerials with her tonight steve, if you want to roll up i have the best super secret spot to fly uninterrupted huge big fields of nothing, i want to mess with stabilization settings more than anything else... i have my 20th 6s on the charger as soon as its done im heading out lol, should be out there for at least four hours...

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I only asked because i find it hard to believe you could surpass the data rate doing stills. It would have to be the 4k that pushes it over the limit. But it's supposed to be tested. Then again so was the gopro when the first released the black with those mini sd cards.

How many different u3 cards are on the market now?

kloner

Aerial DP
not sure, i'm on kingston

Would love to shaun, but got flight school in the am,,,, no way to swing both

Giovanni59

Excellent post, soon it is time to graduate from my Nex 7 to the GH4. I was going to go to the GH3 last year and I'm glad I waited and now I can have 4K

kloner

Aerial DP
Yuri, i figured out that flashing,,,,, hahaha, friggin dog was walking around triggering the sensor activated light.... hahaha... I was worried about that.... was trippin this morning when you mentioned the manual mode,,,, that's all i use now and looked that dam camera over for an hour trying to figure out what was still auto, had the camera on M, can't get it to get any more manual than that

kloner

Aerial DP
the speed boosters are what you want according to bnh, they showed how it makes the sensor come alive in a blog on there site recently, it was something about "how to make your m43 shoot like a super35" or there abouts

last night the only thing slow moving was the moon so shot it. 100-300mm lumix lens (super slow) but it came out alright

My little gh3 gimbal finally gets parts today to fix it, can't wait to try flying her again,,, might take it out this weekend and shoot something

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
You didn't read that part in the manual about pets and outdoor security lighting? :)

thats pretty funny. You gotta take the dog out of auto mode as well.

Quinton

Finally got to have a god play with the GH4 that came last week, how can they make a camera like this, it is unbelievable what it can do for the price.
The days of taking pictures could soon well be over soon, how you can get 8mp "great" stills from video is just amazing, they would still look perfect on 8x12 prints.

Have ordered a 95MB/s U3 card, but have been recording cinema 4k without any problems on PNY U1 cards (upto 65 MB/s write)
25 Mins 40 Secs of continuous recording on a 16GB card (broke into 4GB files)

All I need now is a gimbal to fly this thing on :(

kloner

Aerial DP
we've tried flying this thing and hit some problems getting a live feed out of it. I moved forward and bought the sd output wire for it, hoping it'll give live feed real time. think it's page 87 in the manual, my cable gets here monday

Quinton

we've tried flying this thing and hit some problems getting a live feed out of it. I moved forward and bought the sd output wire for it, hoping it'll give live feed real time. think it's page 87 in the manual, my cable gets here monday

I was on holiday the last couple of weeks, and when I got home the Lightbridge also arrived.
Not much use to me at the moment, after DJIs "sneaky announcement" last week, but it seemed to have a micro HDMI to Micro HDMI cable which came along with it, will need to have a look at how it all connects up, it may well work with the GH4.

dazzab

I'm about to pull the trigger on buying a GH4. But I have a question about the gimbal. It seems the only way to go is the Zenmuse and if I'm going to go broke I might as well do it in style. Does the Zenmuse for the GH3 work with the GH4 or should I wait until there is an official Zenmuse GH4 version? Also, I notice that the Zenmuse with GH3/4 uses a lens without OIS whereas the Zenmuse Sony NEX version uses a lens with OIS. I'm flying with a SkyJib and the tests I've done so far indicate that OIS is an important factor. Before I drop this $5k of cash I'd appreciate some feedback from you guys.

Cheers.