Freefly Radian Stabilization Module Now Available At Quadrocopter.com!

Kari

Dave,

Based on my experience ff servos really work much better with radians, actually cinestar gimbal did not work well at all with savoxs and radians. I even changed ff servos to my av130 with skyline and found results noticeable better than with savoxs. Quite cheap upgrade.

Tabb, any plans for direct drive update for cinestar gimbal? ;)

Kari

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
thanks Kari.

Where thay a direct replacement, did the cogged wheel off the savox fit the FF servo?

I am heading over your way in March off top Levi again..

Just hope it aint as cold as last year!

Dave

Brombo

Just a point of view
Thanks Dave ;)

Thanks Tabb, i tried yesterday installing the Radian in my Quad with the MK HiSight I in the Roll, i used the port 1 free, port 2 power 5V from Bec, port 4 MKDS18 Servo.
I installed the Radian at the top of the Landing gear in the right direction, wires on the right, then calibrated the 0° of the servo with the 0° of the Radian, (and here i had some problems)
then without the servo plugged i powered on all, then plugged the programmer in the port 5-6, usb on pc and opened the software, connected and configured as Roll 1 (Default)
the first 3 options all OFF, and all the rest as default.
The Radian seems to work quite well with default parameters but i just modded a little down the Gain and up the Slew..
All seems to work better than Wkm stab system, but... i powered off the Bec and without touch any parameters when i powered up again i had the Gimbal working at the opposite!!
I have not touched anything.. now work in reverse..
Any suggestions about how this can be happened and how can i change again the servo in the right working direction?

Hi Brombo...is this with everything connected? The Radian automatically chooses the correct direction to move the servo so if you do not have the servo connected it will not be able to tell which way to move the gimbal.

Tabb

Kari

thanks Kari.

Where thay a direct replacement, did the cogged wheel off the savox fit the FF servo?

I am heading over your way in March off top Levi again..

Just hope it aint as cold as last year!

Dave

Yes direct fit, not any mods needed. Welcome Finland again, we're going to Levi too in couple of weeks shooting some aerials. We have planned to also test there our cinestar 360 gimbal attatched to full size heli.

I think it's already much warmer in march, now it's been quite cold but at least we're tested our wkm:s and zerouavs seems to work fine in -15...-25 C. Also ff servos seems to work slightly better in cold than savox, stiffening belts are bit problem though.

Kari

Brombo

Just a point of view
Hi Tabb, of course all this is with servo plugged..
just the first time to put the Radian in Factory mode i do that, but all the time then was plugged.

Why the first time i plugged was in the right direction and without any changes now is reversed?
There is no way to set manually the direction of the servo ?

Hi Brombo, I did not mean the servo plugged into the radian, I meant the servo connected to the tilt / roll axis. Can you take a quick video of the issue so I can try and help?

Thanks

Tabb

Brombo

Just a point of view
Hi Tabb,
i did a quick test, i just unplugged the servo from the Radian and write a new Default congif Roll1, then swithed all off and connected again the Roll servo, and changed a little the Gain, and the Angle correction of 1° to leveling the Gimbal plate.
In that way it works, but i noticed 2 problems:
1) When you move the Copter simulating the whole travel of the gimbal in the Roll you can ear a dead point in the middle, just a little empty sound in the travel when reach the 0° point.
2) When you reach the end point in the right side of the correction (30° but i tried 15° too) Rolling the Rotor, the Radian reset itself and go to the center for a moment then it change the direction of work, now it move like when you reverse the channel..
To come back you need to Roll the Rotor to the left side for a moment at the end of the travel and the Radian reset itself again and come back at the original working direction.

That is strange.. it's possible that this behavior may be for the lack of the resistor in this servo MKDS18?