Freefly Radian Stabilization Module Now Available At Quadrocopter.com!

M

MontanaKyle

Freefly Radian Stabilization Module Now Available for Pre-Order At Quadrocopter.com!

The Freefly Radian Stabilization Module Released on Pre-Order today at Quadrocopter.com! I know a lot of people have been waiting on these and looking for them.

Looks like they will ship no later than Sept 12 according to their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/quadrocopter

1 axis ($350) - http://www.quadrocopter.com/Single-Axis-Freefly-Radian_p_608.html
2 axis ($700) - http://www.quadrocopter.com/2-Axis-Axis-Freefly-Radian-_p_609.html
3 Axis ($1050) - http://www.quadrocopter.com/3-Axis-Axis-Freefly-Radian-_p_610.html

Please mention in the checkout notes that Kyle sent you!

Looks like Josh over at Birds Eye Production released a Build Overview on the Cinestar Gimbal:

Can't wait to hear the reviews on this stabilizer!

- Kyle

Last edited:

Z15 is nex and gh2 only though. I have a Nikon d4 and d800 I want to be able to use for stills and every once in a while a red epic and the cinestar is the best option for that I'd say.

PaNt

Z15 is nex and gh2 only though. I have a Nikon d4 and d800 I want to be able to use for stills and every once in a while a red epic and the cinestar is the best option for that I'd say.

Yeap thats for sure..! thats why i am w8ing fo the Hero 3000 :) :)

For now i will try with picloc or hfgimbal whatever is better..!

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors

For still photography the built in flight controller stabilization is more than enough, to use a Red though does require Pro level gear equivalent to the camera itself. For this kind of $$$$ for a stabilization system if you not using it to make money you have a serious addiction to a hobby and of course there's always the who knows how well it will work in the wild? I did some Beta testing of the Skyline RSGS and it looked like with a few firmware tweaks it was ready for production, so far the production version, which I have and paid retail price for, is still having issues worked out and it's not quite ready for prime time, same can be said for the Picloc.

To jump on a preorder for this kind of cash is to me the equivalent of betting the mortgage payment at the poker table in Vegas, but that's just me I guess. After recent experiences with expensive equipment that has yet to live up to the hype I'm done with cutting edge and pre-order jump on the bandwagon, once I see a lot of people getting good performance from a product with minimal angst then I'll consider if it's right for me. I'm tired of laying out thousands only to find out I'm basically a beta tester of what should be a finished product, no more blind faith, it's going to work fine, here's my cash, purchasing.

My $.02

Ken

Totally understand that Ken. I am also doing video but with the gh2/ pj710v but would like to keep my options open as to what I can carry. As for the beta tester I couldn't agree more. I got the Hoverfly gimbal board right now and although it says 3 axis stab it is more like 2 until the figure out all the pan issues.

Tristan

ChrisViperM

...sorry to *****, but "....Freefly Radian Stabilization Modul Now Avalible..." to me means: I go to the webshop, I order, I pay, the stuff gets sent out....I have no problem paying the price, but no pre-order frenzy for me. It's ok to take a down payment, but money for nothing is no good....
[h=2][/h]

M

MontanaKyle

For still photography the built in flight controller stabilization is more than enough, to use a Red though does require Pro level gear equivalent to the camera itself. For this kind of $$$$ for a stabilization system if you not using it to make money you have a serious addiction to a hobby and of course there's always the who knows how well it will work in the wild? I did some Beta testing of the Skyline RSGS and it looked like with a few firmware tweaks it was ready for production, so far the production version, which I have and paid retail price for, is still having issues worked out and it's not quite ready for prime time, same can be said for the Picloc.

To jump on a preorder for this kind of cash is to me the equivalent of betting the mortgage payment at the poker table in Vegas, but that's just me I guess. After recent experiences with expensive equipment that has yet to live up to the hype I'm done with cutting edge and pre-order jump on the bandwagon, once I see a lot of people getting good performance from a product with minimal angst then I'll consider if it's right for me. I'm tired of laying out thousands only to find out I'm basically a beta tester of what should be a finished product, no more blind faith, it's going to work fine, here's my cash, purchasing.

My $.02

Ken
I understand all that you are saying. Here is my $.02

if you are spending this kind of money on a stabilizer you want the best and proven because you are doing this professionally making money and $1050 is a drop in the hat when you can pull in $1000 + a day on a project. So this is definitely not a hobby grade product.

The Radian was Beta tested the hell out of. Not sure how much Beta Testing went into the Skyline but I know it was tested for months, a lot. And that was the reason for the delay, they wanted to get the kinks worked out before releasing it.

That being said of course there can still always be kinks with the final mass produced product. Hopefully they will be minimal if at all.

Happy and Safe flying!

- Kyle

M

MontanaKyle

...sorry to *****, but "....Freefly Radian Stabilization Modul Now Avalible..." to me means: I go to the webshop, I order, I pay, the stuff gets sent out....I have no problem paying the price, but no pre-order frenzy for me. It's ok to take a down payment, but money for nothing is no good....

Good call. I changed it on the main post, I should have put Pre-Order. Sorry about that. It now says: [h=2]Freefly Radian Stabilization Module Now Available for Pre-Order At Quadrocopter.com! Unfortunatley I cannot change the title in the forum thread :-([/h]
- Kyle

Paul@scc

A couple of days ago I came across a link to a video of this system in action. To be honest I would not give $50 for it. Maybe they have made some major improvements in the last 2 days??

M

MontanaKyle

A couple of days ago I came across a link to a video of this system in action. To be honest I would not give $50 for it. Maybe they have made some major improvements in the last 2 days??

Can you please share the video on here Paul.

Thanks!

- Kyle

looks pretty jittery in the first couple of minutes and then gets worse when the guy gets the arms out of frame. Not sure whether he has zoomed in a few mm or has moved the gimbal forward.
Maybe this is not the same system and if so! I apologise.

Here it is. http://vimeo.com/47374788

Not real great to judge it on that. I mean, do you judge WKM or other flight controllers on one video? I have seen some of the other videos from people testing and it looks pretty darn good. Josh from BirdsEye is the one that posted that video and im pretty sure it was one of there test flights and I bet they have it tuned much better now.

Paul@scc

Not real great to judge it on that. I mean, do you judge WKM or other flight controllers on one video? I have seen some of the other videos from people testing and it looks pretty darn good. Josh from BirdsEye is the one that posted that video and im pretty sure it was one of there test flights and I bet they have it tuned much better now.
Didn't know this was about a flight controller. This is about 3 sensors that are supposed to produce stabilised footage.

I'm sure it was one of their test flights. If it is tuned better lets see it. Maybe you could post the vids that you have seen?

Would it help you understand my point if I said " do you judge the Hoverfly gimbal board on one persons video you saw? " Same point i was trying to make. I have seen multiple videos showing it work but am on my phone and can't link them to you. Search Vimeo for radian stabilization

Last edited by a moderator:

The Radian and the Hoverfly Gimbal are both good. I speak from personal experience with both of them.

To make these systems work at their best, the gimbal must be balanced, the center of gravity needs to align with the axis of rotation with the camera mounted, it must be set up to work with your gimbal, and belts and gears must be tight.