Freefly Movi M5 Brushless Gimbal, Official Users' Thread

Akermay

Thoughts on M5 use on Skyjib? I gather I will need longer legs to have enough clearance, currently just have standard Skyjib legs.

So, entended Skyjibs legs, or Movi MR kit? What works best for you?

henrysj

Think M5 & SkyJib is a great combo - extended legs (I went for the longest) with movi toad to make life easy and 16'' Props

Akermay

Think M5 & SkyJib is a great combo - extended legs (I went for the longest) with movi toad to make life easy and 16'' Props

Cool. Just for clarity, when stating extended legs, what specifically do they refer to? I'm a little hazy on this. Aeronavics sell 450mm and 360mm landing legs, I have the 450mm. They also sell 390mm upgrades, which you would think are shorter but in the image they appear to have more crossbars, longer too?

Also do you prefer mounting your Toad in the Hole directly to your SkyJib, or onto the SkyJib quick release mount with dampeners?

PMaughan

I've tried both and prefer retracts although don't really like the Skyjib ones as they are a bit flimsy if you have a heavy camera. Currently running with the MR legs which works ok once you get used to it.

Toad set-up is super easy but I find I get better footage without the toad.

Akermay

Just for reference, what is the full height of the Movi M5 with toad in the hole? I can only find measurements for the camera cage.

Ah ok - well I'll post some notes when I get mine rigged up. Looking for gear extensions and some type of mounting plate to hang on the rails.
Added a post to my blog about my progress with the DJI s1000, modified with after market center board to reduce vibration, Movi M5/M10 adapter for DJI S1000 frame, landing gear extensions for additional height (3K Carbon tube 550mm/25mm from Kopterworx), and MOVI m5 attached using Toad in the Hole.

http://dylanglockler.com/blog/film/adapting-the-dji-s1000-with-the-movi-m5/

A couple quick test clips: