First build problems NAZA M V2 F450

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
When it did fly it didn't have an issue with lifting it at all. Like I mentioned before, this morning first flight of the day, plugged it in and let it go through its warm up steps, gain satellites and mark home position. Started motors and took off without any issue. I flew it to maybe 30 or 40 feet off the ground hovered no problem brought it lower and maneuvered around a bit and then that's when the issues started happening again, same as yesterday. Slowly just started dropping.

checking to see if the batteries are hot is always useful when having problems like you are experiencing....if they were very hot then they might be part or all of the problem. you might have one cell with very high internal resistance that is buggering up the whole pack and bringing down the helicopter.

xsnowb27

checking to see if the batteries are hot is always useful when having problems like you are experiencing....if they were very hot then they might be part or all of the problem. you might have one cell with very high internal resistance that is buggering up the whole pack and bringing down the helicopter.

The battery was I would say luke warm by the end of my 10 minutes of attempted flying but nothing so hot to the touch that it burned or anything of that sort

xsnowb27

So decided to try it out again today and see if anything changed (knew nothing changed just that mentality of hope). It took off just like all the other times perfectly fine and was able to hold a hover without an issue. Then noticed every once and a while it would stumble and I would have to keep giving it a little more throttle to keep the hover going. Well then at the last minute as I was maybe a foot off the ground a motor conked out and the quad dropped and as all of the motors were idling this one was just twitching. Decided to move it to another ESC to see if it was the motor that died and it seemed so. Well the kicker here is that last week decided to order another motor and some props as backups (motor arrived today, props not yet) so excited me figured hey! There's my issue! Threw the new motor on, flew around a little and flew fantastic. Then it started happening again and bam this one conked out as well! Started doing the exact same thing with the "motor twitch". Felt the motor, it wasn't hot, I could touch it without an issue, same with all of the other motors. I did touch all the ESC's and none of them were very warm but I would say the one that killed the 2 motors was a little warmer to the touch than the other ESC's. So! after this mishap, now I'm 2 motors down. Does this mean that the ESC has been the problem all along?

Tahoe Ed

My guess is probably yes. A good test is to move the motor and see if the problem follows the motor or stays with the esc.

xsnowb27

My guess is probably yes. A good test is to move the motor and see if the problem follows the motor or stays with the esc.

I did just that and both motors burnt out. I ordered another motor as well as an ESC. Waiting on those right now and will replace them and see if that fixes my issue.

xsnowb27

I replaced my motor and the esc and took it out again today and burnt up a motor again on the same arm with the new esc as well... it took off hovered then while hovering it looked like it lost power or something and would drop randomly. I'm going to try resoldering everything and see how it goes.

xsnowb27

So in the end I replaced ESC, motors, resoldered everything and got myself some new props and the end result is...something worked!!! Flew her for the first time tonight and flew fantastic! Thanks everyone for the help with troubleshooting.