F450 carbon fiber landing gear extensions

t.rexxer

Got it! Fast! Good quality. Thanks Yuri. Problem is, my F450 won't be here 'till Wednesday! :livid:
Oh well, Spring is almost here and I have a lot to learn and experience. And I am finding this forum is FULL of knowledgable folks willing to share. I am looking forward to the experience. Looks like my Trex 700E and 450 pro heli's are going to be sitting on the shelf a while. :dejection:

:cheerful:

domestic wont take more than a week. sometimes 3 days. Shipped today.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
wow, that was fast. Yeah, these things are so much more fun to fly in a way than SRH's. Unless you are doing serious aerobatics or trying to fly a real heavy camera in winds. But I still like the mechanical side of a SRH in terms of assembling them and playing with all the cool parts. On the other side, if a blade ever touches anything you have to go through it ALL and figure out what to replace. That I dont miss one bit. Anyways, enjoy.

Yuri

xXMorepheusXx

Question: This is what I would like to do with my Hex, it is a Flame-wheel clone. I was wondering though about mounting the GoPro under the hex, doesn't that turn the video UPSIDE DOWN? Do these legs give enough room underneath for a gimbal if I decide to go that way down the road? I am using this for aerial video... I am assuming the bat wing is only for a quad and not a hex...

ari

Question: This is what I would like to do with my Hex, it is a Flame-wheel clone. I was wondering though about mounting the GoPro under the hex, doesn't that turn the video UPSIDE DOWN? Do these legs give enough room underneath for a gimbal if I decide to go that way down the road? I am using this for aerial video... I am assuming the bat wing is only for a quad and not a hex...

Just change the settings on the GoPro.

I'm also wondering about mounting a gimbal such as the Zenmuse with these legs on a F550. I don't want the legs to obstruct the view. If they don't i'll probably order me a set :)

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I make a batwing for the f550, although the f450(standard version) will fit just fine on either. The legs dont show on the f450, I dont have a f550 but I am pretty sure they dont or I would have heard about it by now. If you guys want a longer set for a gimbal, just let me know what you want and Ill put a set up for sale on the site. These extend 5".

xXMorepheusXx

I went through my GoPro settings today, NEVER knew you could have it flip the video on a Hero1, thought that was only for 2's and 3's... Thanks

I think those will do just fine, I am going to order the leg extensions and go from there. I prefer these as I keep flying this darn thing in the wind and want the extra contact on the ground when I go to land, although the wind did flip me just after take off and blew a prop.

Thanks ALL!

xXMorepheusXx

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
By the way, I checked height of our leg extensions and they WILL clear the new DJI GP3 Zenmuse if you want to put it under the f450/550 frame.

ari

Ordered a Batwing from you Iris, for delivery to UK :) Hopefully I get it before I leave here beginning Aug!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I finally got some time to redesign the leg extensions. You no longer need to drill holes! I also made a universal batwing that will work on either the f450 or f550.

View attachment 13448View attachment 13449

Attachments

• legs.jpg
    legs.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 220
  • batwing univ.jpg
    batwing univ.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 200

ari

I finally got some time to redesign the leg extensions. You no longer need to drill holes! I also made a universal batwing that will work on either the f450 or f550.

View attachment 17009View attachment 17010

Nice!! Should have let us know earlier haha... Oh well. I ordered the Tarot T2D gimbal, hoping I can mount it to this batwing :) Otherwise have you considering making it large enough/holes to mount the popular gimbals out there?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I have but I just dont have it in me to order a bunch of gimbals to try them out and write the programs for them. If someone wanted to send me a template for theirs I would be willing to make one-maybe. :) I dont really want to stock a bunch of parts, that was the reason in making the universal batwing. but I think doing one for the zenmuse would be a good idea. Anyone have a template to send I will make you one for free.