XAircraft Exploding props

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!

Hey Bartman ! Thanx ! LOL ON orientation ! We look for ball and watch colors of arms ! Also 25 years flying experience !! Just to let you know the 9x6 thin electric props are the ones we use and be sure they are not the slow fly props! And you have to bore the top of prop out to accept the prop nut because of length of motor shaft ! We are working with busyman JEFF and he will get the prop issue took care of !! Me and my buddy would like to see more companies making aerobatic quad stuff and more people flying like this !! Happy Flying dude and glad to find a group of quadfliers !! Ps Jeff is a one man show and is doin his best at helping ya'll !! The future of 3d quad flying is looking great as long as he keeps working with us !!

Kilby

I agree. They have the same hubs with the flat spots, and the prop itself just looks the same. There has to be more of a partnership between these two companies than they are letting onto. Even their demo videos seem to be shot in some of the same locations.

Hello all,
This was posted in a previous thread but thought it was worth repeating here for everyones help and benefit. Thanks again for your support this past year, and our first year at that!!

At XAircraft USA we were all over the initial propeller problem and recieved help with machines from the factory. We have bought machines back from customers and replaced entire kits aswell, we made XAircarft aware of the propeller issue, they helped make up for crash damage to a reasonable degree, they are fair people and work hard. We think they didn't see the full force of the propeller issue. We at XAircraft USA have tried but it has been out of our control. They pulled propellers, updated them.
Here at XA USA/We have tested the NEW propellers extensively. They have tested very good, NO ISSUES ... Very resiliant.

Their is a batch of AHRS that suffered from drifting problems.
YES XAircraft stated there were only a limited number of defective AHRS. Our tests suggest more aircraft with calibration issues than their testing. It is XA USA's belief the issue is more in a batch of kits on the USA side than Chinese region, we have tested electronics delivered to China with a low level of calibration issues, our tests found more than 75% of the AHRS(Shipped to XA USA) manufactured in this time frame to be good with no drift issue. Our numbers suggest a bigger problem than the factories testing and which could suggest why the limitation of support. XAircraft has always stood behind their product to a high degree, which for manufacturers of this type is outstanding. It needs to be better and is getting better all the time.

The X650 V8 is a great design but the propellers crippled it. The AHRS placed a negative look on it also !!!
BUT it is a great copter and the factory has taken care of these 2 serious issues. Our machines are flying great.

We can only support the aircraft as much as the factory supports us, we offer support past the factory as best we can. We have replaced entire machines out of our pocket. We have been told all issues with propellers and AHRS is behind us, with these NEW products. We will continue to support XA machines and parts.

In closing XAircraft USA is working diligently to replace any parts that appears to be damaged due to propeller issues as best we can discern. It would be nearly impossible to replace things damaged from all crashes. Don't have a single simple solution for these distinct problems as they are too much for us to fully correct on our own.

We are here for you!! Please feel free to contact us with your issues and we appreciate all honest questions or concerns.
Bert F. Lesley
Support Team-XAircraft USA​

Go4it

After braking about 6 to 8 props. I tried something and I have not broken a prop in the past two weeks. I took a file and where they milled the flats on the shaft hub. I filed the flats down to the hub. Then I filled the the shaft where the prop would slide on the shaft and slide down to the hub with a very slight firm fit. I don't know if it was luck or by filing the flats and removing the extra material that I think was putting undo pressure on the prop hub. I have not broken any props in over 50 flights. Before I was braking props about every flight.

Xaircraft broken

Dear support team-Xaircraft Usa

I have two Xair V8 copters broken 1 moth ago ( arm, ESC, Blades legs, frame cover,load munting pipe etc. I bought these copters two CNC. That people told me Contact With Jinchen for support. Xaircraft china told me send to china for repair. I leave in Bogota Colombia. I can belive these support. I bougt more propellers to CNC and the problem continue. I am very dissapoinment. with Xaircraft. I send many mails to That persons and never answer to guaranty. I cant recomend this copters. R

After braking about 6 to 8 props. I tried something and I have not broken a prop in the past two weeks. I took a file and where they milled the flats on the shaft hub. I filed the flats down to the hub. Then I filled the the shaft where the prop would slide on the shaft and slide down to the hub with a very slight firm fit. I don't know if it was luck or by filing the flats and removing the extra material that I think was putting undo pressure on the prop hub. I have not broken any props in over 50 flights. Before I was braking props about every flight.

There is the LATEST propeller design. Have tested beyond ANY normal stress load. Different plastics, different angle on the hub in propeller. TOTALLY different and strong... about 100 flights ... HIGH winds, heavy payload. (ZERO) problems or even a hint at stress or fracturing. These are the true NEW XA propellers. Possibly CNC had a large batch of older props and sent them out not knowing the difference. BUT these propellers feel/look different and have a slight angle to the HUB mount verses the original propellers.

ok. where can I buy these props. I never seen that propellers. Can you tell to cnc why sell poor propellers because I bought 20 pairs of olders props and now i need . Can you send me pics of news props

Go4it

There is the LATEST propeller design. Have tested beyond ANY normal stress load. Different plastics, different angle on the hub in propeller. TOTALLY different and strong... about 100 flights ... HIGH winds, heavy payload. (ZERO) problems or even a hint at stress or fracturing. These are the true NEW XA propellers. Possibly CNC had a large batch of older props and sent them out not knowing the difference. BUT these propellers feel/look different and have a slight angle to the HUB mount verses the original propellers.

Can you post a picture of the two props that will show the difference between the old and new and improved prop from Xaircraft?

No Problem !!! Am not in the shop at the moment ... It is after hours will post some after while. Have a NEW video with 2215 motors and a GoPro Mount ... These are the NEW props ... GoPro Hero 1 ... Propellers are not yet balanced.

Last edited by a moderator:

XAircraft NEW Propeller Series, Notice the texture of the propellers. One has texture to the center hub. The other seems to be smooth as it reaches the HUB. The NEW propeller, it's texture is constant and more plyable. It is a very obvious difference. Notice also the slight difference in the center HUB !!! NEW propeller is the upper propeller in the photo. I believe the reason for the breaking props was due to uneven temperatures in the mold setup. The center seems to have been heated to much casuing the plastic to be weakened thus the propellers had failures in flight due to material deficiency.

View attachment 2182

Attachments

• DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by a moderator:

Dune

Just checking in here with my recent experience on DJI f450 kit props - I think they're the same kind as XAircraft uses?

I had the 10' kit ones on (1045). Two of them instantly exploded as soon as we started the motors at 10% when the quad wasn't even off the ground. At the time we hypothesized that thread lock(images) leaking on to the plastic weakened them, but from what I've read, these props seem to just have problems. A little disappointing as you're sitting there starting up about to fly for the first time, and then they just go whizzing off: "Wait what??"

We put the 8' ones on right away and everything was fine, though. I had a Canon Powershot ELPH 100 mounted to the pcb flap with velco, the quad with 8' did surprisingly well, and the video quality was pretty good.

-Josh

Dune

Compounding the mystery of the loctite is that the f450 manual recommends you use "screw glue," so I don't know. If loctite does in fact have something to do with it, DJI seems oblivious.

Just checking in here with my recent experience on DJI f450 kit props - I think they're the same kind as XAircraft uses?

I had the 10' kit ones on (1045). Two of them instantly exploded as soon as we started the motors at 10% when the quad wasn't even off the ground. At the time we hypothesized that thread lock(images) leaking on to the plastic weakened them, but from what I've read, these props seem to just have problems. A little disappointing as you're sitting there starting up about to fly for the first time, and then they just go whizzing off: "Wait what??"

We put the 8' ones on right away and everything was fine, though. I had a Canon Powershot ELPH 100 mounted to the pcb flap with velco, the quad with 8' did surprisingly well, and the video quality was pretty good.

-Josh
Josh me and my friend are using apc slow fly and thin electric props on ours and no problems at all ! Heck sometimes they even survive hard crashes and we have some of those flying very aggressive aerobatics !! Also we have flown the new props that xaircraft made and they seem to do pretty well also but wont survive crashes like apc !! Apc props dont flex as bad either and produces some very stable flight chararistics !! You have to modify the thin electric props to fit on motors but the electric slow fly props just need bored out for xaircraft !!