East Coast Fly-In?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
hey guys,

i'm really sory but i can't do the 25th. we were supposed to be at the beach this week but my son got a stomach virus the day before we were to leave so we've been home all week. i've got to throw together an emergency summer vacation (holiday to those of you East of 20W) so we're going to try again to get to the beach ("down the shore" to those of you West of NYC and East of the Delaware River) next weekend. I'm really sorry to have to cancel at the last minute.

Can we reschedule for September?

bart

Bartman

i'm sorry to do that to you guys. we've had a crazy week and we're trying to get the kids away for a few days before they go back to school.

i;'ll look at my sept schedule and hopefully we'll be able to work out a different day.

bart

DKTek

Hey guys,

FYI, there is a place in Florida where the free flight guys love to hold competitions as well as a few others. It's in Palm Bay, south of Melbourne. Here's a video I did with my son on his first day out flying other than in the front yard, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3dkRtQVOyM&list=UULymDatinRKRpvQ27mYaEpg&index=1&feature=plcp . You'll see in the video that there is a lot of room. The free flight guys typically have well over 100 in attendance and the streets you see are usually lined with RV's and such. There's plenty of restaurants and Hotels in the area if needed.

Just a suggestion for future consideration.

Bartman

gents,

as it is now, i'm off on sept 2 and may be able to have the 16th off.

what works or doesn't work for you?

thanks,
bart

Bartman

Hey guys,

FYI, there is a place in Florida where the free flight guys love to hold competitions as well as a few others. It's in Palm Bay, south of Melbourne. Here's a video I did with my son on his first day out flying other than in the front yard, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3dkRtQVOyM&list=UULymDatinRKRpvQ27mYaEpg&index=1&feature=plcp . You'll see in the video that there is a lot of room. The free flight guys typically have well over 100 in attendance and the streets you see are usually lined with RV's and such. There's plenty of restaurants and Hotels in the area if needed.

Just a suggestion for future consideration.

DK,

I don't know if Florida is within range for those of us in the Northeast. There are a bunch of guys flying in Fl so maybe you could organize another get together? Maybe the Hoverfly guys would be interested in joining you??

Go for it, it sounds like a nice site.

Bart

janoots2

If I can make it I'll come and represent "the burgh"...that is.... if you guys can stomach a born and raised Steeler fan :black_eyed:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
September 14 through 16

For anyone in the northeast that can make it to the Mansfield MA area the New England Heli Crew club will be hosting its annual event, the 5th annual Heli Crew Phenomenon on September 14, 15, and 16 at the club field in Mansfield. I'll have a tent setup in the south field with a multirotor flight station and I will be flying FPV over the edges of the field and out into the unused area beyond the flight line. Anyone that holds an AMA membership can come and fly, registration fee required for the event, or if you just want to come and watch some of the professional RC heli pilots doing bizzare things with helis you can do that for free. If you're at all into RC Helis then this is the event to see in the northeast, we've got 10 pro pilots that will be in attendance and competing with each other for the most insane flight demonstrations of how to fly 3D.

This will be the first year we have multirotors as a featured part of the event, I'll be doing multirotor seminars on Friday 9/14 at 3:00 Pm and Saturday 9/15 at 11:00 AM as well as ongoing FPV flights with video downlink to monitors at various places around the field. At least that's the plan, we'll see how it works out with all the activity that will be going on!

Another thing to note is we will be attempting to set the Guiness World Record for the most RC helis hovering at the same time at 2:00 PM on Saturday 9/15. Current record is 42, we don't know how many we'll wind up with but the hope is for 50 or more. I wonder if I can count each prop on a multi towards the total... ;)

More information can be found here... http://nehelicrew.com/phenomenon

Ken

Bartman

if i can get the day off on the 16th is anyone else available?

if not i could always consider heading up to Ken's gig for the afternoon. Ken, is there a small airport nearby that I could fly in to? it's a 5 hour drive from my house. maybe i could borrow a friend's Piper make it up there that way.

the 16th in the middle Atlantic are might work too but I have to see if I can get the day off.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
if i can get the day off on the 16th is anyone else available?

if not i could always consider heading up to Ken's gig for the afternoon. Ken, is there a small airport nearby that I could fly in to? it's a 5 hour drive from my house. maybe i could borrow a friend's Piper make it up there that way.

the 16th in the middle Atlantic are might work too but I have to see if I can get the day off.

There's a general aviation field in Mansfield maybe 4 or 5 miles from the NEHC field so you could easily fly to the event though I'm not sure about the availability of ground transport at the airfield. If you decide to head up I'll be at the Phenomenon in Mansfield on Friday the 14th and Saturday the 15th, unfortunately I won't be able to be there on Sunday as well, but if you can make either of those days we can probably work out some arrangements for transportation. I'm scheduled to do a multirotor seminar at 3:00 PM on Friday and 11:00 AM on Saturday, the remainder of the time I'll hanging out at a 10 x 10 popup in the south field where the scale heli activity will be taking place. I'll have the big Cinestar 6, a Mikrokopter or two, the TBS Discovery, and the QAV500 on hand. The Cinestar will be flying during the Guiness world record attempt on Saturday @ 2:00 PM to video the event from the air, at other times I'll be flying the multis both LOS and FPV. The FPV flights will be displayed on a monitor or two for people to watch as the quad flys around the edges of the field and high overhead to get a view of whats going on.

Anyone close enough to make the trip to Mansfield will get a great show by the pro RC Heli pilots trying to outdo each other flying wild 3D and if you hold a current AMA membership you can bring something to fly if you'd like, there will be onsite registration as well as on the web here... http://www.nehelicrew.com/pre-register-phenomenon and you can find out more about which pro pilots will be attending, directions to the field, and the over $9000 in raffle prizes that will given away over the course of the event... http://nehelicrew.com/

Hope to see some of you there.

Ken

JCNH

Ken,
In general, what will you be going over in the seminar? Just curious. I'm hoping to stop by sometime on Saturday.
Thanks,
Jim C