East Coast Fly-In?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Kilby,
I'm working with them to get a few passes that we can use to visit in the future. From that they may decide to take on a larger fly-in but it's a bit of work for them to arrange since they're flying in an historic building and on what i believe is still a military site. We are outside of the specs they have to follow for what is allowed in the hangar but they think we can squeeze in anyway. I haven't heard back on the Willow Grove request but I'm working on it.
Having a Plan C would be a good idea. Maybe someone can come up with a park or a flying club in South Jersey across from Philly? RHP, that's your territory, what do you know about big fields with an insufficient law enforcement presence? Maybe a big parking lot? A (good) strip joint nearby is optional.
Bart
Bart

Bartman

Who's coming on May 7th?
I'm continuing to work on a hangar but we may have to meet in a park somewhere along I-95.
The big question though is, who's in?

Attendees so far:
Me
Kilby
Guest o' Kilby

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Which is the closest In'tl Airport? Ill see what cheap fly drive deals are kicking around, I NEED a break.

Bartman

Dave
I'm not having any luck getting in touch with the folks at Willow Grove for an indoor option. I still have one more connection to try but I'd hate to see you fly out here for an outdoor affair that ends up being canceled due to weather.
I'll keep trying but we may have to push it back a week or two.
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
No mither Bart.. I think I was just dreaming when I thought I could come over.. just got my visa bill and forgot I had not paid for my new TX.. :(

I did check on flights and I could have got one with a SUV for £600 for a week which I thought was quite good.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Who's coming on May 7th?
I'm continuing to work on a hangar but we may have to meet in a park somewhere along I-95.
The big question though is, who's in?

Attendees so far:
Me
Kilby
Guest o' Kilby

Unfortunately I won't be there, my presence has been requested in Texas again that week so by the time the 7th rolls around I'll have just gotten back home and had my fill of traveling for the week. The things I have to put with for a paycheck...;)

Ken

Bartman

well,
myself, kilby, and guest o' kilby may have to reschedule anyway. i've been asked to provide video of a swim event on the 7th at the same spot where a triathlon will be held later in the month. i'm not sure my equipment is up to the task of providing video but i'll do my best to make it work. the swim event is a dry run for the triathlon so my involvement later in the month will depend on what we can do on the 7th.
Does anyone mind if we move the day to the 8th of May and we'll just pick a park to fly in? Should we postpone to the end of the summer and try again then to get more interest?
bart

Kilby

That's fine by me. I was actually just wondering the other day if these crazy spring winds would be over with by May 7 anyway. Just let me know what you have in mind.

Kilby

Ok, so maybe it's time to revisit this? Any east coast US members care to form a meet up? I've been organizing local Baltimore meet ups, but I'm the only multi-rotor guy. Everyone else has single rotors and it's just not the same.

I know of several parks around the Baltimore & Philadelphia areas that could work. Let's hear your thoughts.

Bartman

It might be fun to meet up and do a bunch of contest entries while we're together.

kielbasa

Hey, I just stumbled into this website, and I am interested in getting together with others as well. Kilby, I live in Catonsville, and while I do not have a quad yet, I am in the beginning stages of building one (wii mp+) and would love to see dome other birds as well. I Fly (very rarely anymore) planks at FSA. I teach in the city so I am there all the time.

You mentioned that you have been organizing some get-togethers? If there are any in the future, I'd love to get on "the list"....

dave

kauaicuda

I'm in Frederick Maryland. I would love to attend a MR fly-in within driving distance. I have some cool stuff to share.

Kilby

Yup, I think we have enough in the area to pull it off now. Between Maryland, DC/NOVA, PA, and New Jersey there are several of us.

Let's start a quick headcount as to who would be interested, and we can pick a place based on where everyone is from. There are a few others that I have spoke to either on here, or another forum that were interested as well. If you guys know of anyone, please pass the word around.

So, let's hear it... who is interested in doing an East Coast "Mid-Atlantic" MR Fly-In? Reply back to this thread with a "Yes" and a quick note on your location.

Hey Kauaicude, welcome to the board! I'm just down in Owings Mills, about 45 min away. Feel free to reach out if you would like to link up for some flying sometime. I actually have plans to go shoot some photos around your way in Harpers Ferry as soon as the weather lets up a bit. It's beautiful around there. :02.47-tranquillity:

kauaicuda

Thanks Kilby, I'll keep that in mind. I dont pipe up too much on this forum, I usually hang around on RCG.

Harpers Ferry is always nice.

As for a head count.....Me!