DJI X8 Options

JesterKlown77

I found this thread via a google search and I have to say "That is the coolest F450 mod I have seen so far" (so cool in fact, I registered on this site just so I could comment on it!!). I am looking to change mine up and this may be the route I go with it. The CF and Tarot mounts look way better then the stock arms. I just want to carry a gimbal and GoPro for FPV. So, I may not go full tilt with an X8 build just yet... but you never know what will happen if I get bored... Thanks, HighGain for the inspiration!

Edit: TYPOS RUNNIN RAMPANT!!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
welcome to the site....it's very nice work that he's done...i like the X8 Phantom, pretty ingenious :)

alebow

NICE!!

Many ways to do this.

HighGainTuning - Both of these designs are phenomenal. Can you recommend a motor/prop setup for the CF version? Trying to achieve 12-15 min flight time with AUW around 2500-2750g. I really want to keep the frame around 500mm diagonally (smallest possible for 11" props, easy for transport compared to my Tarot 680pro). I'm thinking T-Motor MT3506-25 650KV with 11"x3.7" props and a 2x 4S batteries in parallel, but I'm still not totally confident in the setup. I'll hang the H3-3D and a GoPro from it.

I realize this might be impossible. I'm also considering messing around with the Panasonic NCR18650B because they're lighter and pack a better punch/Gram.

Sorry if this is an egregious ask, but this will be badass (and expensive) so I wanted to get an opinion, and yours would definitely be the best. Thank you!