DJI X8 Options

If I lifted weight with them I would prefer lighter/ stronger CF boards as I don't use the copper inlay anyway.
But to answer your question, no.... no issues with the boards. The legs are doing most of the support.

Have you seen the RCTimer RCT 800 airframe? It has 14 inch arms that can also be used on a 450/550 airframe. Arms are $15 a pair at UAV Objects.
rct800.jpg
rct800-arm.jpg

The RCT 800 is only $61 at UAV Objects. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Since these are compatible with the dji 450, I thought you might be interested in using them for one of your x8 mods. The price is right.

I have done some 800mm F550 builds with them but no coaxials.
I am finishing an 800mm F450 using 16mm carbon fiber tubing.
Nice to see RCT in the US but they have no customer support. Not sure why they have a contact form. They haven't replied to any of my questions.

No doubt about it. You could raise quite a ruckus with that if you had a mind to. That is the coolest light setup I've seen on a multirotor!

ivanthor

CF tube

Hi,

Is it possible that you could take a photo that shows how the CF tube is mounted? I am very interested in doing the same but a bit nervous to start milling a 16mm hole,because in the moment I am not quite getting the idea how you locked the tube in place.

Milled off the ends, milled a 16mm hole for the CF boom and lock in with a through bolt.

HiggGainTurning,

Best lighting setup I've seen; it would be great if you could post the source for the circular lights.

Thanks

The 15mm round LED rings I found on ebay. The links I had no longer go to the original supplier. I turned them on with an 8 channel LED controller.

HighGainTuning,

Thanks for the reply and info; ordered 6 so should see UFO reports out of Colorado in the near future.

Cheers

tumad

I have built a few X8's by either modifying the DJI arm and adding an additional mount or using Tarot mounts, 16mm CF tubing and milling some old broken DJI arms.
Using 16mm X 320mm CF tubing I can cut them in half for an F450 or use the whole length for an F800

This is the results.

20acm6f.jpg

2ywy1c6.jpg

2mpx56c.jpg

2w5n2tl.jpg

This one doesn't really count but I do believe it's the only X8 Phantom out there.

wwajc4.jpg

hello
it is with interest I am following this. I have a question regarding the phantom.
does it have that insane power due to the 8 motors? I thought the dji system was limited in power output?
pls explain.
many tthank also please post. Of detail to the CFO tube mount on stock dji ararms appreciated and many thanx

8 motors, 4S battery and manual mode lift off. If everything is balanced right and all motors are pulling evenly it will go straight up.
It has to be a calm day.