DJI S1000 Owners Thread - Mini Build Log

What a joke! They have completely missed the point with the folding booms which are longer than the u/c legs, never mind that Fufu forgot to lock them before turning it all the right way up. DJI don't ned to lose much sleep over that rival.

I agree, I don't know what they were thinking or smoking :p

Tahoe Ed

His name is Fung and he has been around for sometime. Yes it is amazing how quickly they can clone anything.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Maybe someone can claim they found a cure for cancer and advertise it in China. Then a few months later there will be millions of cures for cancer for half the cost available to everyone in the world!

I hate cloners, except Kloner, he's a cool guy. But this F U guy? These guys feel it is perfectly ok to thrive off of others ideas and innovations. Although i don't subscribe to DJI I appreciate their investments and efforts. For anyone to be able to copy an idea without repercussion is a serious issue. China is notorious for this. And then we buy it! I'm not for monopolies but there has to be a way of protecting an idea without patents as they clearly dont prevent China from copying anything and everything.

sk8brd

even some U.S companies take the clones from china and say it's there own like on the esc front at least. i dig dji on the design front always pushing but at the same time the difference between the kraken and the s1000 is quite large imo so shouldn't be a problem for dji. i swear though sometimes the clones are out before the originals china must of invented a time machine.lol

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Certainly is an innovative device, but I can see we are going to have to shell out for v.2 GCU's for the Zenmuse which will offer an HDMI thru-port in order to keep wiring tidy.

A large degree of care will be required to keep all those mini jack connectors from the Trainer Port tidy. Wouldn't want one of those to come apart mid-flight and lose all control. Compact HD wireless transmission is a hot cookie right now and DJI are definitely on the ball with this system - particularly as it apparently offers much better range than the Paralinx/Terradek options. I wonder how the HDMI video signal will compare though. It has to be severely compressed.

fdproductions

FD Productions
can you use the xt60 on bottom of the bottom frame lol to power the pmu instead? Reason for asking is because i want to mount pmu in a different location for better C.G.

The manual starts off with you installing the arms first. My building area is rather small so I decided to install the electronics first and then install the arms last. I chose to remove the top CF plate, this allows for an easier install of the A2. Once the top plate is removed you will have full access to the power distribution board. You have the 8 motor power connections, 8 esc connections and 2 XT60 connections on top. One of the XT60 connection will be used to power the A2 PMU and the other one is free to power another device. On the bottom of the main frame you will notice the 24 pin ESC header, main power wires / connectors and 1 more XT60. The XT60 will supply power to the retractable landing gear and another device like the ZEN. The main power connector setup is very different from what I have seen but it makes perfect sense. The positive side utilizes a AS150 and the negative side is a XT150. This makes it impossible to reverse polarity.

View attachment 20335 View attachment 20336 View attachment 20337 View attachment 20338

fdproductions

FD Productions
Blade Strike,

Did you have any issues plugging your escs into the central frame? I just got mine so excited to fly it but can't connect four of the eight motors because how tight the o.d. of the bullets in the center board?

flight-6.jpg

I just received my DJI S1000 Premium. I thought I would share some photos of the build process. As you would expect and you should, the build quality is second to none. This is a complete new octo from the ground up. The S1000 V type design provides large amounts of thrust while improving power efficiency. I'm really excited to see the use of cf arms versus the plastic arms of the past. The most exciting part of this frame in my opinion is the folding capabilities. It makes transportation and storage a breeze for such a large frame. The locking system only takes a few seconds to fold or unfold, such a outstanding design. The S1000 comes about 80% complete, so the build process is very straight forward and FAST.

Frame Specifications:

Diagonal Wheelbase 1045mm
Frame Arm Length 386mm
Frame Arm Weight (with Motor, ESC, Propeller ) 325g
Center Frame Diameter 332mm
Center Frame Weight (with Landing Gear Mounting Base, Servos) 1330g
Landing Gear Size 460mm(Length)×511mm(Width)×350mm(Height) (Top width: 155 mm)

Motor Specifications:
Stator Size 41×14mm
kV 400rpm/V
Max Power 500W
Weight (with Cooling Fan) 158g

ESC Specifications:
Current 40A
Voltage 6S LiPo
Signal Frequency 30Hz ~ 450Hz
Drive PWM Frequency 8KHz
Weight (with Radiators) 35g

Foldable Propeller (1552/1552R) Specifications:
Material High strength performance engineered plastics
Size 15×5.2inch
Weight 13g

Flight Parameters
Takeoff Weight 6.0Kg ~ 11.0Kg
Total Weight 4.2Kg
Power Battery LiPo (6S、10000mAh~20000mAh、15C(Min))
Max Power Consumption 4000W
Hovering Power Consumption 1500W (@9.5Kg Takeoff Weight)
Hovering Time 15min (@15000mAh& 9.5Kg Takeoff Weight)
Working Environment Temperature -10 oC ~ +40 oC

fdproductions

FD Productions
This connector is extremely difficult to put into the center frame, other than that issue which I still haven't resolved my s1000 is a beast!

Getting a constant beeping noise from the motors, does anyone know what could be wrong? I double checked all wires, all seem good..

Setup
DJI S1000
DJI A2
2x 10,000mAh

rcflyerheli

I just did the assembly last night of the 1000. No issues on the motor connection to the main power board. The only issue I ran across was the insertion of the landing gear tube into the box on the foot. When the kit arrived, I found that someone at DJI had inserted the retaining clamp screw into the box and then tightened it all the way down with no carbon tube inserted. That deformed the box to the point that the carbon tube would not fit. I had to take a small flat bladed screw driver and pry the box apart so the tube would fit.

Of course doing this shaves off small slivers of the thin walled aluminum box, and now it has silver marks showing. I was able to get some black paint and cover them up so that at a couple feet away they aren't visible, but that shouldn't be that way. I haven't decided yet whether to get back for replacement landing gear legs yet.

BTW, what size packs is everyone using, as well as what brand.

Northwoods

I have acquired pulse 16000 mah I haven't tried them yet my s1000 should show up this Thursday, I hope they work good.