DJI Released New Firmware 5.24 for WKM

ChrisViperM

Pete Tong: Cockney slang for "wrong".....?

wow.. The third bulletin may be a start for flight controllers everywhere. If you look at aeronautical maps or search the web, you'll find no fly zones. I imagine that the very near future will bring software restrictions on flight controllers that will keep these craft from entering declared no fly zones. Manufacturer geo fencing to ensure compliance with airspace restrictions.

Will be interesting to see how they will force Chinese manufacturers to implement software restrictions for any no-fly-zones....they don't even listen to their customers.

Chris

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Yeah, go on. And don't forget to video it so that we can all watch it disappear off to within a 15km radius of Tiananmen Square when you test the RTH :)

Tomstoy2

Ouch!
Vin, I'd stay with 5.18 for a few weeks until we find out rth works. 5.18 works just perfect for me, best it's ever flown! Scares me to death to even think of changing it this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

This silly game repeats itself over and over again....like in the movie: Groundhog Day with Bill Murray:

I remember that same FW-thing happen last year, looking for the guy with balls:

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...hm-%96-Coming-Soon-!&highlight=wookong+update

I also remember my comment, which is still valid:

"...no need for being a beta tester....I bet my brand new Zero UAV there will be enough eager volunteers out there....it's like with PC software. Everyone downloading updates, and then: Ooooops, now it's worse than before. But give it a chance.

Would be so cool if we all stand in a room together: Oh...look...WooKong update...hey, you try it...no, you try it first....what's about you...maybe later, gotta go to the toilet....but what's about him over there....comon, can't be that bad....so why don't you try it then....I did, but won't tell you.....

Maybe each one interested puts 10 $ in a pot, and the first one taking the risk will get the pot..... "
:tennis:

Chris

Lanzar

OK

Yesterday we put it on totaly new build off XMR X8 with herkuels and tested it for 1h. Like 10 packs and it looked ok. Did all the ususal test and seemed fine. Only problem is a small drag to the left side nonstop. TOday we are putting beack the 5.16 and we will see. If it is a new firmware or wookong problem.

Report more later.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Well done Kopterworx!

Waiting for the update - because I don't like left drags, but I would like to have RTH functional. Don't care about the LED show. Don't have a clue what they mean now.

We'll just have each have cheat sheets printed off and taped to our arm like football players do to decode the hundred signals thrown at them. ;)
And sorry.., no update from me as I won't be able to fly until sometime later this week.

eyeball

Well my props have arrived this morning and there fitted so all being well I'll be doing the maiden flight on my xm x4 later today. I'll keep you all posted.

elossam

OK

Yesterday we put it on totaly new build off XMR X8 with herkuels and tested it for 1h. Like 10 packs and it looked ok. Did all the ususal test and seemed fine. Only problem is a small drag to the left side nonstop. TOday we are putting beack the 5.16 and we will see. If it is a new firmware or wookong problem.

Report more later.
It drifts to the left when going from manual to atti?

rcmike

I tried 5.24 over the weekend and RTH works but I am having another problem that I had on 5.22 as well. I can adjust the compass to where it will fly straight ahead with no TBE flying one direction in GPS mode but when I turn it around and fly the other direction it pulls to the right and toilet bowls badly when I let off the forward stick.

dradedogg

I also tried 5.24 out on my infinite jib eyedroid 6. Works good, RTH works exactly how it's supposed to (phew). I was experiencing a flight path track issue in GPS mode. Had to rotate the GPS/Compass antenna 10 times to find the happy spot. Never had to tweak it so much before. I'm talking hair length adjustments and it would either track right or track left. Very frustrating!
I tried 5.24 over the weekend and RTH works but I am having another problem that I had on 5.22 as well. I can adjust the compass to where it will fly straight ahead with no TBE flying one direction in GPS mode but when I turn it around and fly the other direction it pulls to the right and toilet bowls badly when I let off the forward stick.

dradedogg

Elaborating more on the track issue, the reason for moving the antenna in the first place was due to a significant location change. (from South Western British Columbia to Northern Alberta) However I've still never needed to fine tune it that much before. Maybe that's a good thing.

VINHEX

Flew with new motors and props slightly smaller props with 5.24. Throttle response was a little different but me getting used to it plus I need to up the gains a little.. The firmware reacted good no issues so will up the gains and try on manual to see if the throttle is at 60% matching calcs..

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
It drifts to the left when going from manual to atti?

Of course it behaves differently when switching between Manual and Atti and will either drift in some direction or lose altitude. That is the whole purpose of Atti. It stabilises!

Anyway, why would anyone ever want to switch to manual? I really don't understand why the manual Mode is even there at all.

I too have tried out FW-5.24 and yes, it seems to be OK. However, the normal transmitter calibration process of clicking START and then twiddling the sticks left both Aileron and Elevator off-centre, which has not happened before with the WKM (I started off with FW-5.16). This is the first time I have had to apply Tx SubTrim, after the calibration process, to get 'ZERO' displayed at centre stick.

Maybe this has something to do with the couple of posts here that mention drifting with FW-5.24?

VINHEX

I think ill up the gains to see how responsive I can get it.

Of course it behaves differently when switching between Manual and Atti and will either drift in some direction or lose altitude. That is the whole purpose of Atti. It stabilises!

Anyway, why would anyone ever want to switch to manual? I really don't understand why the manual Mode is even there at all.

I too have tried out FW-5.24 and yes, it seems to be OK. However, the normal transmitter calibration process of clicking START and then twiddling the sticks left both Aileron and Elevator off-centre, which has not happened before with the WKM (I started off with FW-5.16). This is the first time I have had to apply Tx SubTrim, after the calibration process, to get 'ZERO' displayed at centre stick.

Maybe this has something to do with the couple of posts here that mention drifting with FW-5.24?
Hi
Have you flown it with the subtrims?