DJI Release 5.22 Firmware

VINHEX

Dji have release 5.22 notes are only showing on 5.20 at the moment..

http://www.dji-innovations.com/products/wookong-m/downloads/

Firmware
Added the Bluetooth function. Required LED-BT-I hardware support.

Software
New UI design, simple and easy to use..
Bluetooth firmware support upgrade online..
Support iOS Mobile device assistant, download on the App Store

Manual
New quick start guide.

Last edited by a moderator:

VINHEX

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 504

atver

Just updated to 5.22 and now getting flashing red led indicating configuration issues and can't resolve. Has anyone experieced this before? If so, how did you resolve?

FYI, all previous updates loaded properly without any issues.

Thanks,
Jim

Tried to upgrade as well and got the same red flashes and configuration indicator. I couldn't fix, so I downgraded back to 5.20.
Any thoughts out there. Do we have to have the new BT led indicator?

olof

Osprey
Just updated to 5.22 and now getting flashing red led indicating configuration issues and can't resolve. Has anyone experieced this before? If so, how did you resolve?

FYI, all previous updates loaded properly without any issues.

Thanks,
Jim

I thought this was for the new LED and I thought that was required. I read that somewhere.

I would try to go back unless you have the new LED.

I could be wrong, just a thought. Another thought is I try never to be the first to try a new FW or SW update for anything including my Macs and PCs. But someone always has to be first of course, let us know how it goes.

And I am sorry for your trouble.

atver

I had to reset WKM by shorting m5 & M6 together and downgrade to 5.20. This solved my problem too. I sent a email to support about this problem.

I think your right about the new Blue Tooth LED being required, now that I have gone back and read the release notes again.
It's easy enough to switch back tp 5.20, but you can't use the new assistant software either...so it's not really an all around firmware upgrade.

ChrisViperM

After firmware 5.20 they came up with 5.21 beta to fix the "sudden drop" issue from 5.20. Now they have FW 5.22 which is not usable without the Bluetooth LED and FW 5.20 which has the dropping issue, and FW5.21 beta is not avalible at the DJI site.....
http://blog.multirotor-community.eu...3/03/Solutions-to-height-dropping-issue-1.pdf

I hate them....looks like they really pushing everything towards the new A2M flight controller:
http://www.sfgate.com/business/prweb/article/DJI-Introduces-New-EVO-System-for-Aerial-4417515.php

Did a quick search on urbandictionary for A2M....all I can say is "Oh my God....."
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=a2m&page=1

Chris

xerofly

After firmware 5.20 they came up with 5.21 beta to fix the "sudden drop" issue from 5.20. Now they have FW 5.22 which is not usable without the Bluetooth LED and FW 5.20 which has the dropping issue, and FW5.21 beta is not avalible at the DJI site.....
http://blog.multirotor-community.eu...3/03/Solutions-to-height-dropping-issue-1.pdf

I hate them....looks like they really pushing everything towards the new A2M flight controller:
http://www.sfgate.com/business/prweb/article/DJI-Introduces-New-EVO-System-for-Aerial-4417515.php

Did a quick search on urbandictionary for A2M....all I can say is "Oh my God....."
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=a2m&page=1

Chris

What do you suggest 5.16?

I just reloaded 5.22 and it works fine now.
I had downgraded back to 5.20 yesterday when it didn't work, read something else about someone just needing to make a change in the voltage area of the assistant so I thought I would try again with 5.22. I opened the new assistant did the upgrade to 5.22 with no problems at all. Weird, I wonder if DJI changed something because I tried this twice yesterday.

atver

I just reloaded 5.22 and it works fine now.
I had downgraded back to 5.20 yesterday when it didn't work, read something else about someone just needing to make a change in the voltage area of the assistant so I thought I would try again with 5.22. I opened the new assistant did the upgrade to 5.22 with no problems at all. Weird, I wonder if DJI changed something because I tried this twice yesterday.

What was the voltage change amount? I'll try again!

Thanks

I didn't even make a voltage change. Today when I loaded it everything is fine. In the rcforums thread another guy said... "Also happened to me until I re-entered the 6s cells number at the voltage window. Looks like the first time you need to enter how many cells you have besides it is been shown ..."

Has anyone else had success loading 5.22?

atver

That's interesting. I'm seeing others in the RCGROUPS Forum are experiencing the same thing we did. I'll try again later as maybe DJI corrected something.

Just out of curiosity....is there any specific reason you guys wanna flash the 5.22 firmware....?

Chris

Well like others, I too was having some altitude issues which was related to the IMU vibrations. I have relocated my IMU and that has helped considerably. As with most firmware upgrades on anything you hope and trust that there will be improvements.
So far all is good. If I see any problems I will downgrade.
cheers

atver

Downloaded 5.22 again and it now loaded properly without any configuration errors. Also, I didn't change a thing from 5.20 parameters. DJI must have tweaked the firmware after I sent my support request. However, their responses to my support email about the blinking red LED didn't support the issues experienced. Hopefuly, this firmware will now correct my stability issues as experienced with previous firmware releases. Looking forward to the Bluetooth LED availability.

Happy Flying!

srbell

Not a big deal, but has anyone tried "return home" function on 5.22? I was being lazy and flipped the RT switch...and nothing. No led status change. My other unit is running 5.22 as well, but it is activated by a flight mode that put the mode selection in the failsafe region and doesn't use the return home function.

Not a big deal, but has anyone tried "return home" function on 5.22? I was being lazy and flipped the RT switch...and nothing. No led status change. My other unit is running 5.22 as well, but it is activated by a flight mode that put the mode selection in the failsafe region and doesn't use the return home function.

Yes, and it worked fine.
Did your system register its home location? Maybe reflash the firmware and try again. Double check your radio switch settings as well, and maybe a new compass calibration?..just some thoughts.
cheers, Craig

srbell

Yes, and it worked fine.
Did your system register its home location? Maybe reflash the firmware and try again. Double check your radio switch settings as well, and maybe a new compass calibration?..just some thoughts.
cheers, Craig

Actually after more flying I've gone back to 5.2. At low throttle the motors spin at different rpm's and I'm getting extreme yawing to the left when ascending under high power. This only happens with 5.22. This is the first time I've ever experienced a problem with an update. Another funny thing is how rough it's flying. Almost like it's unbalanced. With older firmware versions it flies beautifully, solid stable and smooth. Anyhow, I've read a few people are having the yaw issue with 5.22 as well so I'm sticking with what works. I haven't had a altitude drop with 5.2, but I've balanced the motor cans, props (and tracking) and added the secraft stiffeners. Weird. As for the return home not working, I know my home point was set because I was linked with the LK900... Maybe this is just delayed April fools day for me : )