DJI Phantom 2 Vision---25min Flight Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

nisouck

@DJI Inovation,

Great engine! Great performance!

Do you have intend to produce a Phantom 2 for a GoPro Zenmuse?

nisouck

Hello DJI innovations,

Why do you post here if you don't respond questions? :confusion:

It's not nice at all! :black_eyed:

baker2055

Has anyone done a comparison of the DJI Phantom 2 camera and the gopro3? I would be interested to see the difference!

fritz99

Why does the phantom vision not have any camera stabilisation ?
You will see every movement of the vision in your videos !

DennyR

A half decent video editor could fix the stabilisation but it need a lens hood. Into the sun it is seeing a lot of flare and prop flicker. Im guessing that the camera does not have digital stab. but if not then that level of disturbance could be fixed that way.

If it has the usual lights then the red glow will show at night with that camera angle.:tennis:

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

Must be very light. My standard Phantom with a DJI 2 axis Gopro gimbal fly's for about 9 mins But with a three axis mount and a few extras it is down to 5 mins. With 2 batteries it is back to 9 mins only. Less than 200 grams increase make a lot of difference. The Phantom Vision must have some clever stuff in there as well to get that endurance.

DennyR

[video]http://www.iflight-rc.com/product/FPV-Wireless-System-FPV-Set-TX-RX-%205.8G-2000mW-8CH-AV-Wireless-Transmitter.html[/video]The point that bothers me slightly is the frequency. 5.8 is not that great when it comes to penetrating around objects. Time will tell if this could affect users with 2.4 gig and also what about the high power 5.8 Vtx now coming out.....

Tahoe Ed

[video]http://www.iflight-rc.com/product/FPV-Wireless-System-FPV-Set-TX-RX-%205.8G-2000mW-8CH-AV-Wireless-Transmitter.html[/video]The point that bothers me slightly is the frequency. 5.8 is not that great when it comes to penetrating around objects. Time will tell if this could affect users with 2.4 gig and also what about the high power 5.8 Vtx now coming out.....

All I can say that it works. You can speculate about future uses, but now as configured no worries. I don't fly mine behind trees and other stuff. If guys do, then it is their craft not mine. I cannot make excuses for those that do not read the manual. Not my problem.

DennyR

I will definitely get one as I could not build one for that price. Out of curiosity I checked the current draw just before motor start-up on both my regular Phantoms, the one with a Alexmos 3 axis and a fatshark 250 Vtx is .92A. and the one with a H3-2D draws 1.2 A. About .2 A. is the FC. Having no camera mount saves a little power but it does not really explain the great endurance of the Vision.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
It must be very light, there is no other answer unless DJI have come up with a whole new way of making efficient motors.

Or they have some magic dust they sprinkle over the beasty when it leaves the factory.

Pete

Tahoe Ed

The motors look the same as the standard issue Phantom. The props are definitely different. That leaves the battery.

Tomstoy2

Hmmm, 20 minutes. On a business point, it makes sense. There's sales being missed due to the short range of the "return to China" bug allows too many recovery's possible. By increasing the range the chances of ever finding the stupid thing radically decreases, forcing the un-educated to go buy another. Seriously though, we all saw the bad press the Phantom does when a few totally irresponsible people got caught or in their jubilance to share with the world their stupidity have attracted international scrutiny. 2014 is going to become the tipping point. Just once, I would love to see on the news stories of drones doing positive things. I'll get off my soap-box, sorry for the rant,,,

DennyR

I see that it has a 5200 Mah battery and it weighs only 1160 grams. That checks out well with one of my small quads that has a 6000 Mah. battery and weighs 1400 grams, it can fly for 30 mins+ Out of interest I ran a set of the white motors from Kopterworx on one of my Std Phantoms that claim better endurance and I saw no difference from the standard motors. I ran a few different props that also made little difference. The white motors were however much better balanced. If DJI have any magic in the design It would have to be in the ESC's. I had to use ESC 32's that were tuned to the motors before I saw that kind of endurance. The lack of camera mount and Vtx would save about 1 amp. on the current draw. The H3-2D draws a hefty 1.2 amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.