DJI acknowledges Zenmuse-GH3 fault. But when will it be fixed?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Here we go again.

Two days before leaving for a three month filming trip to Kenya I ordered and received the newly released Zenmuse-GH3.

Guess what? It is faulty!

The three-position Mode selection does not work, Reset only centers the Pan Axis and the 90° tilt function when in FPV Mode does not work.

According to the dealer, who contacted DJI, the fault is known and will be be fixed with a firmware update. But since I am the only one to have reported this, it obviously does not affect all units. As such it will not be a high-priority fix so Christ knows when the hell the firmware update will be released. Meanwhile I am stuck in Kenya for another two months with yet another piece of faulty DJI crap.

When will people learn .... more specifically, after the whole S800 nightmare, when will I ever learn?

rotorvista

the 3 position mode selection switch does work you have the 3 modes but have 360 degree rotation in fpv mode the orientation and non orientation works. the aux2 doesn't. i also have reported this. it affects all of them, i sent my first one back but my replacement is the same. how do you like the noisey motors?

Tahoe Ed

I contacted DJI and was informed that the solution was about 30 days away and will be free to all customers. That is not official, just what I was told. If it changes don't flame me.

Last edited by a moderator:

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Sort of glad to know that everyone is affected by this and as for liking the noisy motors ... No. But thanks for clearing up that little query too.

I am really hoping that DJI comes up with a proper fix for this gimbal.

So if you bought a EVO first batch with Zenmuse GH3 you have to send in your arms for upgrading, wait for a proper gimbal firmware and then buy the new and better props for the EVO.

Epic failure DJI!

Tahoe Ed

I am really hoping that DJI comes up with a proper fix for this gimbal.

So if you bought a EVO first batch with Zenmuse GH3 you have to send in your arms for upgrading, wait for a proper gimbal firmware and then buy the new and better props for the EVO.

Epic failure DJI!

I agree with the GH3 part. I am not sure about the arms. I don't have an EVO but I am happy with the V2 arms for my S800. The EVO props work as supplied as long as you don't over tighten the screws. Guys with helis understand the concept. Those that have only flown MR don't. The new props are more efficient and not CF but a composite.

I also own V2 arms on a fully Evo upgraded s800 and also the new EVO version. Both fly well and we use them a lot. But DJI already came up with new folding props for the EVO with a different profile. I am not talking about using T-Props on the EVO. I like the folding concept. Also the EVO arms get damper upgrades under the motors to reduce vibration.

I would have preferred to get a finished and properly developed product from the beginning instead being a beta tester.

Nikb27

Mine also is faulty and am waiting, glad it's a known fault although it should come from the factory like this!

I contacted DJI and was informed that the solution was about 30 days away and will be free to all customers. That is not official, just what I was told. If it changes don't flame me.

Ed... I don't know how this forum handles shills but members need to be aware that your compensated by DJI and Empire Hobby to post on all the forums you can in support of their product.
Anyone can search your posts and see that you never post an issue although you do post them to the DJI Team. I think it would be in the best interest of the forum and it's members to know when you post it is in the best interest of DJI

Shill: A shill is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization."Shill" typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that they are an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom they are secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns.

How do I know this? I was on Team DJI as is Ed and 3 others until they required that we keep all issues off the forum and not report anything negative. To me that is not tech support. That is a cover up and I will not be both a member and a shill for anyone. If anyone feels this information is false I have every e-mail that the Team copies us on. If you want to know who the other members are, just PM me.

Forums should be a place to come for honest information about a product. Not to be filled with false information from compensated members.

Tahoe Ed

Mine also is faulty and am waiting, glad it's a known fault although it should come from the factory like this!

I was told soon, but when pressed for a date, I got nothing. Existing users with have theirs replaced when the new HDMI is available. I only fly with the Zen for Nex5N and it works, not the Zen for GH3.

Welcome to the club. I doubt Tahoe Ed told anyone but his cooked a motor, Mine was DOA, Blade Strike RCG DJI Shill received a DOA and TJ Gilbert RCG DJI Shill his failed within a day or so.
So all 4 team members H3-2D failed right away but we weren't allowed to tell anyone. Then they refurbished them with even cheaper but slightly larger motors. Keep them away from water as they are raw steel... not even stainless steel. see link

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26435307&postcount=3605

Here we go again.

Two days before leaving for a three month filming trip to Kenya I ordered and received the newly released Zenmuse-GH3.

Guess what? It is faulty!

The three-position Mode selection does not work, Reset only centers the Pan Axis and the 90° tilt function when in FPV Mode does not work.

According to the dealer, who contacted DJI, the fault is known and will be be fixed with a firmware update. But since I am the only one to have reported this, it obviously does not affect all units. As such it will not be a high-priority fix so Christ knows when the hell the firmware update will be released. Meanwhile I am stuck in Kenya for another two months with yet another piece of faulty DJI crap.

When will people learn .... more specifically, after the whole S800 nightmare, when will I ever learn?

I have all the same problems - trying to be patient and wait for the firmware. My bigger problem with this guimbal is that it is producing smalls twitches in the pan axis with no inputs from me. Is this likely to be part of the same problem or is this only me? If so does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing these twitches?

Cheers, Geoff

Nikb27

I can't believe they haven't fixed this yet! It's been far to long a wait and I'm now starting to get really annoyed with DJI. We've all spent a lot of money investing in their products and I really do think that if they can't fix it or there's been a batch manufacturing problem they need to let us know. Whilst I really love there products, I think the companies communication skills are very poor at best!

I cannot upgrade the firmware as my assistant does not find new versions. The update seems nice though! Anyone was able to do it?