DJI A2 Official Users' Thread

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Here we go folks. DJI seems to be shifting gears and getting the A2 platform moving finally!

Bartman

paul Conto

I picked up an A2 from quadrocopter and finally got it installed last night. however im having some issues.
1) BT LED indicator light is red and no matter what i do i cannot get it to go green
2) My IMU led is flashing 1-green 1-red 7-green, NOWHERE can i find information about the IMU LED so i have no idea what this means
3) I did a test hover and at 2 min i get a constantt slow green flashing, at 8min i got a constant slow red flash. Voltage protection was on but battery levels were no where near protection levels.
During my test flight she work great, very stable (still a bit of fine tuning) and the GPS held great! But these issues are preventing me from doing more then test flights and i have a filming job on friday and really dont want to go back to the NAZA2 i had in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can provide photos if anyone thinks it might help.

Bartman

Dave wrote;;;;;;

Have you made sure the CAN bus has been correctly connected?

Are you getting any warnings coming up in the assistant?

Have you successfully calibrated the compass?

Not sure about the flashing on the IMU.. I would go check what mine is doing but its lashing down here and my test machine in the van.

Dave

Tahoe Ed

View attachment 15425View attachment 15426View attachment 15427

I just finished moving my A2 from my S800 to my F550 for further testing. I have it set up for a H3-2D with GoPro, iOSD MK II and video downlink. I mounted the E300 motors and props. I have not swapped out the esc's yet. That will be another time once I have everything sorted out. I am hoping that the new firmware works well. I will be able to fly a little this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_1592.jpg
    IMG_1592.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1594.jpg
    IMG_1594.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 202

edit:

taylor, I apologize for my extreme brain fart. i moved your thread and then edited over it thinking it was still in the other thread! i expect when my hair begins to thin they'll find i have blonde roots.

can you please take a minute to repeat your question in this thread?

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Bart

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello everyone!

I have the DJI A2 FC and iOSD Mark II and with a successful recording of the home point, I have never been able to get the distance from home point to show the actual distance data. It just shows the "D" icon. Also, the direction to Home Point Marker also doesn't work, the marker icon just stays in the middle of the screen the entire flight. So, I upgraded to the new firmwares on all the DJI FC and components and Mark II and still no distance from home point, again it still only displays the icon. Also the new Az (Azimuth Angle) feature doesn't show any data just like the Distance doesn't. I tried DJI Support, but no dice. Anyone else having the same problems?

Nobody2

Hello everyone!

I have the DJI A2 FC and iOSD Mark II and with a successful recording of the home point, I have never been able to get the distance from home point to show the actual distance data. It just shows the "D" icon. Also, the direction to Home Point Marker also doesn't work, the marker icon just stays in the middle of the screen the entire flight. So, I upgraded to the new firmwares on all the DJI FC and components and Mark II and still no distance from home point, again it still only displays the icon. Also the new Az (Azimuth Angle) feature doesn't show any data just like the Distance doesn't. I tried DJI Support, but no dice. Anyone else having the same problems?

Taylor
Had the same problem until I updated EVERY device. GPS, OSD, F/C. Everything can be updated from "tools" section except the OSD. Restart after every item and do the OSD last.

greg

From Greg (he couldn't post directly to this thread?):

"Hi Taylor:

I'm using the full A2 system. Yes, that includes the F/C. Also have 2 other WKM's."

@Greg:

That's interesting that your A2 and Mark II is working properly?!

How is your iOSD plugged into your FC system....the PMU or the sliver port on the GPS wire?

So, I test flew my rig today with the iOSD plugged in to the port that is on the GPS wire, installed my batteries, turned on the system, connected to 7+ satellites, armed the motors....and everything worked exactly as it should!! Home Point Distance, Home Point Direction Marker and the new Az feature! Finally my faith in DJI is starting to come back. Don't setup the system as the first part of the manual says on page 6 (1.1.2 Hardware Connection Diagram), setup everything as page 38 shows to (2.4G Data Link connection diagram) even if you are not using the 2.4G Data Link addon.

Taylor

Nobody2

So, I test flew my rig today with the iOSD plugged in to the port that is on the GPS wire, installed my batteries, turned on the system, connected to 7+ satellites, armed the motors....and everything worked exactly as it should!! Home Point Distance, Home Point Direction Marker and the new Az feature! Finally my faith in DJI is starting to come back. Don't setup the system as the first part of the manual says on page 6 (1.1.2 Hardware Connection Diagram), setup everything as page 38 shows to (2.4G Data Link connection diagram) even if you are not using the 2.4G Data Link addon.

Taylor

Hi Taylor

thanks for relaying that post for me.

It it appears that you are good to go, in that my A2 is put together just like yours. Glad it's working!

beside the A2 performance improvement I really like being able to to use and access all the functions (14) channels.

Greg

Bartman

just pulled the trigger on an A2. looking forward to seeing what all the hubbub is about. now to draw some hex frame plates!

Bart

Bartman

have some reading to do but from first looks the IMU doesn't have to be dead center in the frame?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Can't say I am that impressed with my brand new A2 on a brand new S800 EVO that came supplied with faulty retracts that only lift one leg.

The video shows why it never left the ground for its first test flight.