DJI A2 Hands-on

hexacop

HexaCop
Yes i can confirm this ! Also reported it to DJI. I wont fly until its not gone !

Boris

Boris this problem disappeared today after I have reset to default values and configured it again from scratch ...

Then I did try to bind it in DSM2 mode with a DXt10 transmitter, but did not succeed, even the satellites will bind and are conneted to the transmitter, the A2 controller does not recognize the binding and not switching from red to green light...

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmm just installed FW 2.0 and hoped i coud use more than 8 channels with PPM but no dosent work ! Little disappointed ! With all the features the A2 offers its a little lame to only have 8 channels over ppm !

hexacop

HexaCop
Boris, that was pretty clear after reading the release notes ...
Did DJI at least solve the error in the tool when selecting PPM and did you fly the A2 finally?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hexacop no i havent and after playing arround more with the setting tonite I probably wont !

I have two other problems.

A2 only wants the RSAT to be in direct mode, computed mode it not wanted. In computed mode CH1 just doesn't work ! I need computed mode though since i would want to set individual Failsafe setting for certain channels, especially for my retraceable and landing gear and its relay. Hope i am wrong and individual failsafe can be set in direct mode, but haven't found anything yet.

Than i have the problem, that i fake a failsafe with a switch to have a coming home feature and not having to waste another channel, since only 8 are supported. The problem though once failsafe is triggered and than stopped again the A2 stays in GPS mode. No matter if i switch to manual attitude etc. The funny thing though is that only the LED indicated that its still in GPS mode the slide on the IOS config app shows either attitude or manual mode which it should be, dont know which one to trust !

Summing this all up and the beginning warning when one switches to PPM in the asstiant that DJI recommends not to use PPM. I guess there is no more interest in PPM from DJIs side. For me not so cool since i want to stay with my Jeti setup and use one RSAT for a clean setup and more than 8 channels. Now of coarse i could use a normal Jeti RX and do channel for channel but than again only 8 channels again !

Too bad !

hexacop

HexaCop
Hi Boris,
as you are talking about computed mode I assume you are still using an older version of the Rsat Firmware ...
Please update to the latest Firmware v3.11, there is no computed mode anymore, you can easily set failsave and make sure to set PPM frame rate to 20ms, as the default is set to 17ms.
To be able to use >8 channels I use an additional PPM decoder connected via an Y wire to the Rsat, this gives me 8 channels for DJI stuff and 4 additional channels 9-12 for other stuff like camera trigger or zoom etc.

fritz99

Hello !

Which PPM decoder do you use ?
Can it be programmed to output channels 9 to 14 ?

Fritz

Hi Boris,
as you are talking about computed mode I assume you are still using an older version of the Rsat Firmware ...
Please update to the latest Firmware v3.11, there is no computed mode anymore, you can easily set failsave and make sure to set PPM frame rate to 20ms, as the default is set to 17ms.
To be able to use >8 channels I use an additional PPM decoder connected via an Y wire to the Rsat, this gives me 8 channels for DJI stuff and 4 additional channels 9-12 for other stuff like camera trigger or zoom etc.

Tahoe Ed

Boris, that is the max that I got. I can get 9 on my 8FGS but that is it. I need a 14SG. Then I could get 12.

hexacop

HexaCop
Hello !

Which PPM decoder do you use ?
Can it be programmed to output channels 9 to 14 ?

Fritz

I use the self made one discussed in MK Forum ...
This is how it looks like, PPM in, 4 channels (8-12) out ...
View attachment 14502
I'm sure it can be programmed to decode channels 13 +14 but unfortunately I don't have the source code to modify the code.

Attachments

• ppm-decoder.jpg
    ppm-decoder.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 257

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
nope. have it on my x8 with herkules etc. so expensive setup, waiting for the next firmware release ! Dont want to risk anything !

Boris

Tahoe Ed

Just an update I now have my 8FGS up to 11 channels on MLT2. I don't think that I will be able to get any more.

Verid

s800evo A2 osd mark 2
Gentlemen, what could it be
I fly myself, and suddenly to zero control kopter doing back to where you started
WPT shows
I've had it three times and it's on the job
I think I need to advertise because niejest is normal: (

crcr

A few more questions.

Is it possible to set failsafes on the D1-D4 channels? Using spektrum.

Does the intelligent gear only refer to the 5m min height before retract will go up? I'm wondering if I turn this off, will the retract still go down when the A2 goes into fail safe.

In the manual and in the A2 assistant under the RC tab, it says that if you turn the radio off you should see the failsafe area go blue. Mine doesn't do this and only comes up with receiver connection error.
Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Boris,

Got mine as well. Nice package. If you are setting up in Futaba make sure you are in Multi. There are a variety of flavors so check your manual for the right one for your hardware. I am using a 8FGS and have it set for Multi2.

Ed... I don't know how this forum handles shills but members need to be aware that your compensated by DJI and Empire Hobby to post on all the forums you can in support of their product. All of your product is provided to you FREE of charge.
Anyone can search your posts and see that you never post an issue although you do post them to the DJI Team. I think it would be in the best interest of the forum and it's members to know when you post it is in the best interest of DJI

Shill: A shill is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization."Shill" typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that they are an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom they are secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns.

How do I know this? I was on Team DJI as is Ed and 3 others until they required that we keep all issues off the forum and not report anything negative. To me that is not tech support. That is a cover up and I will not be both a member and a shill for anyone. If anyone feels this information is false I have every e-mail that the Team copies us on. If you want to know who the other members are, just PM me.

Forums should be a place to come for honest information about a product. Not to be filled with false information from compensated members.

very interesting to hear the truth... makes me wonder how many shills are out there ??! ??

Look at the bright side: Ed gets everything free
Look at the down side: We get false information.

You will never hear that they have an issue or there goes their goodies. Is a bunch of plastic and faulty electronics really worth selling your soul to the Chinese Devil

If you want to see all of them do what they do best, take a look at this thread. It is pathetic. There are more DJI employees in there then owners.
Blade Strike, Tahoe Ed, Sidney W and TJ Gilbert all received a FREE Vision to start this thread and promote the Vision. Despite all the issues.... Guess what. None of them have had a single issue... Go Figure
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2019429

Last edited by a moderator:

mitmit

brilliant, HighGain. I suspected the same reading Ed's smooth-speaking post's about DJI products..
thanks for the info.

ddikie

Hi All,

I have been using the A2 solidly for the last 3 days on S800-Evo with the old prop design and can say no issues so far, I have been stitching 9 photos for arial panos and the results are very good, GPS lock is solid even in windy conditions, my only issue is vertices descents can be a bit hairy if to fast, think this May be resolved with the new props but let's see.

Also getting it into compass calibration can be hit and miss...

Take care

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk