Mikrokopter Cinestar 8 always flip on side during lift up

iscorama

I have a problem with my Cinestar8 MK eletronics.
When I try to liftup CS always flip on one side.
Here is the video showing the problem:
p.s. in the video I switch off motors before CS8 turns over, because I allready bend that way 3 motor shafts and broke a couple of props, but if I didn't turn them off CS8 would flip for sure.

MK Tools shows no errors, acc calibration is done, compas calibration is done. Easy setting is selected...

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
iscorama i am completly confused were it the front and the back. Am i right that you have the nose pointing to you at the take off try in the video before ?

Boris

iscorama

yes, you are correct... front boom is pointing at me in video (on that boom is gr24 and onnext boom on right is gps)

ghaynes

Iscorama

Check your switch settings. From the video it looks like Altitude Hold, Carefree and maybe the PH/CH are all switched on. That might be the problem. Also easier for me to startup with the ship pointed away from me. More logical for controlling with the joysticks.

Gary

have you properly calibrated the Accelerometers? ( Left Stick, Up+Right ).

Also, do not try to lift with unknowns like that ( risky ). remove all the props, then connect the MKUSB and simulate a liftoff without the props while looking at the MKTools.

Hope you get it right soon.

iscorama

Carefree, gps is all switched off and I have calibrated ACC.
I pointed the front boom only in the video, because I only wanted to record the problem, same thing happens in my room or outside with copter pointed away from me.
Here is the telemetry screen of MX20

View attachment 3822
And here is the log of trying to lift up
View attachment 3821

Attachments

• log.zip
    5 KB · Views: 327
  • mx20.jpg
    mx20.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 390

Do you have the GPX file?

Also, have you tried lifting off with Flight Ctrl only? ( process of elimination )

siim227

Damn, again ...
... and in Mixer-setup you have okto2 and the red line, in the image, is directed to the first engine and the first engine is attached to the first ESC. (Sorry, just in case :) )

iscorama

^ What sounds wrong, motors?

Sorry, I wasn't home last couple of days..

@siim227
I am noob, but not that much ;) yes it's okto2 configuration

@brimestone
Definitely is something wrong with navi-gps configuration, because when I disconnect the navi board, I can lift of just fine and the CS is flying very nice.

Now just to figure out what's wrong with navi-gps :/

Wow.. that is exactly what happened to me.

The problem could be the following.

1. The SPI (6pin) and Data Cable(10pin) could be faulty.
2. The Headers ( Where the data cables are connected ) could be loosely soldered. Grab a multimeter, and check for continuity between solder joints from the NC to the FC

The best thing to do right now, is to contact who ever sold you the MK electronics and have them check it. ( Both the FC and NC ).

iscorama

Hi to all,
just a quick update... I have checked all the cables between fc and navi and they are fine... Still have no luck, sometimes it take of just fine and imidiatly after it goes to one side, no rules.. really confusing... also now Im getting an error 17 when turn of gas
grraaaaaahhhhhhh ;)

Error 17: "ERR: FC I2C"?. But you did confirm that the Kopter works fine without any issue if NC is remove from the equation. Also, is it possible that you have CareFree or GPS on while liftoff?

Malcr001

Ive had this problem a couple of times and to me it looks like the same problem because I notice two of your props spinning slower than the others.

Check your AngleRoll and AngleNick readings make sure there not going all over the place. If they are then its down to the gyro acting up, bad soldering can cause this or it might just be a faulty gyro. The gyros on MK's suck.

iscorama

When octo is on room floor, steady not moving, AngleRoll and AngleNick are changing between 2-3 numbers (from -1 to -3 and from -6 to -8).

Malcr001

With those numbers just moving slightly I'd say its normal. You would know if the gyro was playing up because those values would be going all over the place. For me at the start it gradually increased/dcreased in value until the value was something stupid like 300 or 3000. Can you press START on the scope and then tilt the multicopter forward, back, left then right. Only turn on the scope parameters AccRoll, AccNick, AngleRoll, AngleNick so its easy to see, something might show up when you do that.

Malcr001

View attachment 5627
looks normal to me :hopelessness:

That looks normal, although your angleNick is a little jumpy but shouldent be enough to cause the problems your having.

Overall it doesnt look like the gyro is the problem. Thats a good thing! But I guess it still leaves you in the dark.

I next suggest you hookup up your MK and click on the 3D button. Be careful, I cant remember if it works without initialising the throttle so take the blades off. Basically the model should tilt in the direction when you give some input to your rc tx. The point of this task is to make sure the controls are all working correctly.