Cinestar 6 + YS-X6 flight controller

Kari

I've been very satisfied to YS-X6 after WKM in my CineStar. Actually i just sold my WKM as i haven't used it since i got YS. YS fits to Cinestar frame reasonably well without bigger mods. I know it could be neater install but it's just working well and makes it easy to maintenance.

What i like in YS-X6 more than in wookong is:
- Flies better with any props i've tried compared i only managed to fly reasonably well with graupners 11x5 with wookong
- Better efficiency, with 13X6,5 props 10min vs graupner 11X5 8mins
- Better wind performance
- iPhone groundstation is very useful for parameter adjustment, preflight checkings and logging flight data
- So far after 150 flights very reliable, not a single serious in-flight problem or "weird behavior"
- No white flashing in wind or fast flight
- Much better and faster GPS performance and absolutely freaking precise GPS pos hold.
- Very helpful and fast support

WKM over YS
- More mature (But doesn't really mean for me it's more reliable)
- Works with Castle esc:s
- Slightly better gimbal controls
- Smaller controller box
- Easier to setup

View attachment 6083

Attachments

• YS.jpg
    YS.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 274

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hey Ken, would you trade a WKM for a YS-X6, have a mate in the UK who wants 4 waypoints but doesnt want the cost of WKM upgrade.

I recently sold the second WKM I had because it wasn't being used, sorry, but I don't really need another one at the moment. I've got far too much unused gear hanging around and it's about time to start moving out things that are 100% functional but gathering dust, after all does one really need 14 multirotors of various sizes, configurations, and flight controller systems? Out of all of my ready to fly multis I probably use 4 or 5 of them on a regular basis and the rest take up space and $$$ that could be used for other things so it's time to gather and catalog all the unused gear and put it up for sale in the classifieds, the YS will probably be near the top of the list.

Ken

jrlederer

Regarding castle ESCs and YS-x6 :

I am having trouble with the combination. it's actually got me pretty pissed off at the moment. I have everything installed properly, evidenced by the ground station responding as it should with all channels calibrated. The only thing I can't get to work I the motors to engage. Regardless of the travel limits I set for throttle channel, I can not get the tones from the ESCs via the motors to confirm that the motors are armed. I do get the startup tones, so the motors and ESCs are connected and operational. The bizarre thing is that when I first powered it up a few times ago, I was able to get one or two only of the ESCs to arm the motors, but now no matter what I try, I cannot get any of them to respond. I am getting frustrated to the point where I'm ready to toss it off my balcony.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Jonathan

mongo

lost soul
well, you could sell the YS-X6 to me for 450.00 or so, and let it become my problem<G>

i don't use castle stuff.

Kari

Regarding castle ESCs and YS-x6 :

I am having trouble with the combination. it's actually got me pretty pissed off at the moment. I have everything installed properly, evidenced by the ground station responding as it should with all channels calibrated. The only thing I can't get to work I the motors to engage. Regardless of the travel limits I set for throttle channel, I can not get the tones from the ESCs via the motors to confirm that the motors are armed. I do get the startup tones, so the motors and ESCs are connected and operational. The bizarre thing is that when I first powered it up a few times ago, I was able to get one or two only of the ESCs to arm the motors, but now no matter what I try, I cannot get any of them to respond. I am getting frustrated to the point where I'm ready to toss it off my balcony.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Yes it's known issue. Cc an ys just does not play along. I have asked ZeroUav to support CC:s months ago but they have not yet done anything to it. Even very helpful Castle support have contacted to Zerouav to try to help them solve this.

You should either use for exmple Simonk flashed esc:s or any other escs or other controller. If you end up using simonk flahed esc:s you need to drop atti gain around 20 for start.

Yes cc esc need the fc to adapt to their range and not the other way around. YS-X6 is not compatible up to now.
Too bad cause the castle phoenix esc perform much better than any other esc, even from simonk, and really improve flight performance.

jrlederer

Damnit...how's about any potential compatibility with herkules boards?? If that's not an option, why would be the absolute premium ESC for use with the YS?

Note: the really weird thing is that the first few times I powered the system up, a few of the motors did arm, depending on the travel limits I set on my transmitter. In fact, I had four of them come alive at one point, but since then on every subsequent power up, I canno longer get ANY to react!

rwijnhov

@jlederer,

Use some flashed f30 or blueserie flashed from hk. They work great with the controller. I always used your controller with the flashed HK f30 and never had any issue with it.