Cannot get WK ground station 4.0.6 to work. The connect button is always greyed out.

Fredasss

Thanks all ! It's working now, the patch file from dji was not the solution, it's the host file ! After modifications all is working. Thanks !

pool15

Hi Patrick,
I spent dozens of hours to bring this damned ground station to work.
But no success. Now I read your post and it worked within 5 minutes.
Thank you, great.

thinwing

I just recieved wkm with 900mhz data link.During installation of GS guess what??same thing happened to me..couldnt get it running on three different computers over three days..than I found this forum...I will try again this evening...DJI also just responded with their patch...oh by the way...apm2.5/rdr data link fired up first thing...so much for amatuers huh??kpc

thinwing

Thank so much...Dji patch did not help....removing google from host file (i used the recycle bin)did the trick!!kpc

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Trust you were able to get GCS working as per the comments on this forum..... a Google Earth installation problem or modification of the Google Earth program configuration by something else.
Also watch out for a miswired USB cable with the double head as provided by DJI for the base radio. Mine had some wires crossed in the extra head that nearly burned out my Notebook PC.

Thats my usual problem fix on windows machines :upset:
I´d love to see dji ground station and all other dji software run on my mac. I have 5 Macs and one PC, guess which makes the most problems...

Best regards

pool15

DJI has a big problem with this double ended USB cable. If I connect both ends the USB supply is short circuit. Connected only one end and it worked.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Faulty DJI GCS USB cables?

With all the Quality Assurance directed toward the complex electronics, firmware and software, it is unlikely time and effort would be invested by DJI to investigate the quality of a cheap cable they had produced by a 3rd party cable manufacturer.
But a $2.00 faulty cable can potentially do hundreds of dollar damage to customer's computers!!

DJI has a big problem with this double ended USB cable. If I connect both ends the USB supply is short circuit. Connected only one end and it worked.

hover.ch

And ... connect the right end, the one which comes from the data link. The other end (alone) doesn't work with me - cannot connect ...

thinwing

thankyou arial media pros for basic solution to program installation error...it worked for me.The real question is how do you load google map on line...save it for offline use later in the field??Usb faulty plug ca be checked for proper data/power pinouts with a multimeter...sinc kp couch

gtranquilla

RadioActive
That really caught me off guard......as I had intended to swap out that short cable for one slightly longer for the field.
A cable with the same plug gender at both ends is quite uncommon but I did find one. Now I need to do a detailed continuity test before using it.
And then there is the issue of voltage drop on longer cables with only 5 volts from which to start.
The type A USB cable pinouts are as follows: http://pinouts.ru/Slots/USB_pinout.shtml

And ... connect the right end, the one which comes from the data link. The other end (alone) doesn't work with me - cannot connect ...

hazardpro

Glad it's working for most of you. Alas I still can't get it working! :(

mine starts up ok and google earth loads too (after removing entry from hosts file) (eg I get te world map load up on the screen when opening the ground station), however 'connect' is greyed out and also there is nothing in the drop down box next to it (no COM1 or PORT1 etc)

Re checked hosts file (no google entries there)
checked device manager (I have no COM or PORT listed - the datalink is plugged in and listed under 'other devices' - "USB-Serial Controller D" but it says there is no driver installed....

"This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)The system cannot find the file specified.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

I have tried re-installed the driver from the disc several times - it must be installed because when I try to re-install is it asks me if I want to un-install it first...

I've totally run out of ideas and pulling my hair out!

Running on a Samsung N145plus notebook
Windows 7 32bit
2GB RAM

PLEASE HELP :)
Doug

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 313
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 283
Last edited by a moderator:

Zzr

You need driver file from WK GS CD. Install it
Glad it's working for most of you. Alas I still can't get it working! :(

mine starts up ok and google earth loads too (after removing entry from hosts file) (eg I get te world map load up on the screen when opening the ground station), however 'connect' is greyed out and also there is nothing in the drop down box next to it (no COM1 or PORT1 etc)

Re checked hosts file (no google entries there)
checked device manager (I have no COM or PORT listed - the datalink is plugged in and listed under 'other devices' - "USB-Serial Controller D" but it says there is no driver installed....

"This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)The system cannot find the file specified.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

I have tried re-installed the driver from the disc several times - it must be installed because when I try to re-install is it asks me if I want to un-install it first...

I've totally run out of ideas and pulling my hair out!

PLEASE HELP :)
Doug

hazardpro

Thanks for your reply, although as above... it says its already installed (and I have tried re-installing multiple times).

If I run the disc and select to install the driver I get this: (which would indicate the driver is already installed)

Nevertheless I select to remove and then re-install. I've even tried it by running the install files directly on the disc.

Weird huh?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 271

hazardpro

View attachment 9485Ok just reinstalled driver again, now I have no warning in device manager but instead a ? With 'no driver installed'

if I then try to load the driver from disc is says the driver is already installed?! WTF

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 299
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 290

Zzr

Weird! First you plugged both USB from GS receiver while install it? What OS system u're using?
Thanks for your reply, although as above... it says its already installed (and I have tried re-installing multiple times).

If I run the disc and select to install the driver I get this: (which would indicate the driver is already installed)

Nevertheless I select to remove and then re-install. I've even tried it by running the install files directly on the disc.

Weird huh?

hazardpro

Windows 7 32bit
2GB RAM

I have the GS receiver plugged in whilst installed driver yes. I dont haver both USB leads plugged in (DJI advise to only plug in the main one)

Im totally stumped.

Doug

Zzr

Have you tried to all uninstalled GS then reinstalling for follow step 1 to step 6?
Did you updated SP3 patched from windows 7?

STEP1: Check if .Net Framework 3.5 has been installed. If not, click Install .Net Framework 3.5 to install. If yes, go to step 2.
STEP2: Check if Internet Explorer 8 has been installed. If not, click Install Internet Explorer 8 to install. If yes, go to step 3.
STEP3: Click Install Google Earth Plugin For DJI to install Google Earth.
STEP4: Click Install GS Radio USB Driver to install driver.
STEP5: Click Install DJI Ground Station to install GS.
STEP6: Click Exit to finish installation.
check at
http://wiki.dji-innovations.com/en/index.php/Ace_Single_Waypoint-Ground_Station_Software

Windows 7 32bit
2GB RAM

I have the GS receiver plugged in whilst installed driver yes. I dont haver both USB leads plugged in (DJI advise to only plug in the main one)

Im totally stumped.

Doug

hazardpro

Hi yes when I originally installed it, it was as per those stages.

Ok going to remove everything and start over.

I didn't choose to install IE (why does it need IE installed anyway? It doesn't load in a browser?