Cannot get naza to arm motors please help

mrob73

Here's my set up FW 450 w/ naza no GPS.
Spektrum AR6115e receiver
DX7S
Dji motors
Dji esc
I have gone through the naza assistant set up several times, read the manual several times and still cannot get the motors to engage when throttle is applied. All I get is a flashing amber light. I switch from fail safe to manual mode on the tx gear switch and there is nothing on the LED. What am I doing wrong?
The receiver is bound, I am in acro mode. I have aile to A on the naza, elev to E, Thro to T, Rudd to R, Gear to U, Aux 1 to X2 with the brown wire on top.

I had the same problem. I had to reverse the Elevator channel in my radio (futaba). Try reversing it on the assistant first. see what happens. It is dumb they have a horizontal slider image on the software for Elevator and throttle. Graphically, it should be vertical. Also, make sure your battery is all the way charged, or turn off Voltage regulator. That will prevent arming as well.

tstrike

pendejo grande
The amber light means you're in atti mode (not failsafe) and you get no led when you're in manual. Did you do one of the fancy smancy csc's (control stick command or something like that)? You have to do that before the motors will arm, then you have a few seconds to raise the throttle over 10% or else they'll shut down.

olof

Osprey
You do know you have to move the left stick down and left and right stick right and down to arm the motors. Then you have 10 seconds or so to advance throttle above 10%.

Sorry I don't mean to insult you.

Before doing this make sure in assistant as mentioned above that the stick inputs are correct not reversed, if they are reversed fix an try again. Moving sticks to the upper right should put all the pointers all the way to the right.

Also once the motors do start move the cyclic and observe that the motors are reacting correctly in Atti or GPS mode. You should not lift off until you are above 50% throttle in Atti or GPS mode.

I recommend takeoff in Atti mode.

But if this is a new build remove the props and do the tests this way first. Make sure motors are spinning in the right direction and that everything is smooth no stutters at all. Believe me this is much cheaper than finding something is reversed with props on.

Last edited by a moderator:

china one

I too have the same problem planting a NAZA-m w/GPS into a Xheli AeroSky. Everything sets up fine using their the NAZA software but no-go on the motors. DX6i. Motors and ESCs all wort on the receiver, just not when connected to the NAZA. Have tried all of the above with "NO-JOY".
Ideas?

hokie1999

Motors don't start

DJI NAZA
1.8 Assistant
2.02 Firmware
No GPS
Attachments show configurations

Configured and calibrated DJI NAZA. Endpoints of all channels set to 100. Trims, subtrims all 0.

While USB cable is connected to laptop, power is applied to MC, ESC's give off three beeps (normal), VU led is green.

When MC is connected from laptop and is powered, ESC's give off three beeps, VU led is blinking yellow.

Cannot start motors with any of the four possible CSC options. What do I need to do to get motors started?

Quad X config
4 Grayson Hobbies GH 2212-10 motors
4 Grayson Hobbies 20 amp speed controllers; each has a red power wire that has been disconnected, a black neutral wire, and a white signal wire. White and black connected to MC.
3000 mAh Grayson Hobbies 11.1 volt 3 cell battery
Spektrum DX7s transmitter
Spektrum AR600 6 channel receiver; gear channel connected to "U" on MC

Attachments

• autopilot.jpg
    autopilot.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 541
  • motor-mixer.jpg
    motor-mixer.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 534
  • mounting.jpg
    mounting.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 552
  • tx-monitor.jpg
    tx-monitor.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 715

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Slide 4 doesn't look right..... the pointer is too far to the left and you need your manual, attitude and GPS switches to clearly show blue bars above the pointer depending upon which mode is chosen. If you can't get into manual, attitude or GPS mode, you won't be able to get the motors armed.

DJI NAZA
1.8 Assistant
2.02 Firmware
No GPS
Attachments show configurations

Configured and calibrated DJI NAZA. Endpoints of all channels set to 100. Trims, subtrims all 0.

While USB cable is connected to laptop, power is applied to MC, ESC's give off three beeps (normal), VU led is green.

When MC is connected from laptop and is powered, ESC's give off three beeps, VU led is blinking yellow.

Cannot start motors with any of the four possible CSC options. What do I need to do to get motors started?

Quad X config
4 Grayson Hobbies GH 2212-10 motors
4 Grayson Hobbies 20 amp speed controllers; each has a red power wire that has been disconnected, a black neutral wire, and a white signal wire. White and black connected to MC.
3000 mAh Grayson Hobbies 11.1 volt 3 cell battery
Spektrum DX7s transmitter
Spektrum AR600 6 channel receiver; gear channel connected to "U" on MC

hokie1999

@gtranquilla, I owe you a beer! I can arm now!

For Spektrum users, AUX 1 natively connects to the 3-way switch labelled "Flap/Gyro" with positions 0,1,2. First connect the AUX 1 on your receiver to the "U" port on the MC. Then set the 3-way switch to middle setting "1" and on the Spektrum's "Function List" -> "Servo Setup" menu, set the sub trim on AUX1 to the point where the "A" on the Naza Assistant ( in TX Monitor ) turns blue. Then set the "Travel" setting so the other two positions of the 3-way swtich (0 and 2) also turn blue for "Gyro" and "Manual" respectively.

One other thing. I may have been trying to arm the motors with the USB connected. Make sure you disconnect before you try to arm

Glad to help and see this worked out for you.....

@gtranquilla, I owe you a beer! I can arm now!

For Spektrum users, AUX 1 natively connects to the 3-way switch labelled "Flap/Gyro" with positions 0,1,2. First connect the AUX 1 on your receiver to the "U" port on the MC. Then set the 3-way switch to middle setting "1" and on the Spektrum's "Function List" -> "Servo Setup" menu, set the sub trim on AUX1 to the point where the "A" on the Naza Assistant ( in TX Monitor ) turns blue. Then set the "Travel" setting so the other two positions of the 3-way swtich (0 and 2) also turn blue for "Gyro" and "Manual" respectively.

One other thing. I may have been trying to arm the motors with the USB connected. Make sure you disconnect before you try to arm

china one

Still can't arm my motors! During the boot I get all the flashing lights except I only get three greens (book says I should get four) then it goes on and aquires the GPS and indicates it is in GPS Att. mode (slow flashing green). So I hooked a scope to the output signal for a motor and it is showing it is at full throttle and moving any of the sticks on the transmitter makes no differance in the output from the NAZA. Fustration is setting in, HELP

china one

Thanks Kloner,
that's good to know. I have reversed the throttle both in the radio and in the NAZA set-up software with NEG. results.

Did you take note of your battery voltage level protection settings before the firmware upgrade?
Firmware upgrades erase or overwrite previous settings such as these....
Also you must have a blue bar appear as shown in the Assitant software manual when you select manual, attitude of GPS mode..... if no blue bar appears above the pointer, you cannot arm your motors.

Thanks Kloner,
that's good to know. I have reversed the throttle both in the radio and in the NAZA set-up software with NEG. results.

china one

Did you take note of your battery voltage level protection settings before the firmware upgrade?
Firmware upgrades erase or overwrite previous settings such as these....
Also you must have a blue bar appear as shown in the Assitant software manual when you select manual, attitude of GPS mode..... if no blue bar appears above the pointer, you cannot arm your motors.

All voltage settings are correct. I have blue bars for Attitude and GPS. Using DX6i so no manual selection at this time. I am running out of ideas, HELP!

kloner

Aerial DP
when your in manual mode ready to arm it, does the led stay off? have you retried tx cali a few times? are they all lining up green when you hit finish?

china one

I don't have manual mode set up right now but the answer is YES when I did have it setup. Done the TX re Cali several times. All but the throttle are in the green. Still no joy with the motors. I get a slow flashing green when in GPS mode and flashing slow yellow when in ATTI mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
All but the throttle are in the green.
that has to be if you wnt atti to work right... put the throttleat midstick and it will be green then hit finish

dunno about the rest, sure the esc's even work? ever tried plugging one into a receiver and not naza? the lights you see indicate that part setup right, press the sticks down and together and boom it should fire up. make sure the props are off

are these dji esc's?

china one

Simple answer to all of my problems is the ESCs were not compatible with NAZA. Installed DJI controllers and everything works fine. Thanks for all the help.