Beautiful Scotland - My Aerial showreel

johndun20

After buying my Quadcopter back at the beginning of the year this site has been invaluable helping me learn to use the thing. After months of filming waiting for good weather I've finally finished the showreel. In the film there are shots from Skye – Quairang, Old man of Storr, Buachaille Etive Mor, Sgurr a’Mhaim – Devil’s Ridge, Ben Nevis, Forth Rail Bridge, Dunbar, Rannoch Moor, Wallace Monument, Edinburgh, Glenfinnan Viaduct, The Kelpies.

Shot on a Phantom 2 with gopro 3+, shooting on 2.7 CAMRAW medium/wide with FPV. I still cant get over how good this little camera is especially after grading

Last edited by a moderator:

Claust

Wonderful video - i love it and your beautiful country :)
And sorry about the referendum.. ;-)

Claus
Denmark

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
That was awesome! No wonder it got 28K views!

To all those who put down Phantom flyers, na na nana na! :beguiled:

mediaguru

Lovely. I've spent 14 days in Scotland the last 3 years and never seen any of that. Spent all my time on the Old Course...

johndun20

Thanks everyone, really amazed at the comments this is getting!

Indeed. The Phantom may look a bit like a toy but bloody hell it aint!

Cheshirecat

Agree with everybody else.
Cracking footage, lovely passing shots with the train (very Harry Potter)
I am especially please to see what is achievable with the Go Pro, i had my 3+ down as so so and no intention of building anything serious around it (i want a lighter solution) but i will take a serious look again after seeing the lovely footage you have shot and edited.
Is that the stock lens? any filters used? i am probably going to convert my 3+ with the Rib Cage backbone system so i can use various lenses.

johndun20

iceman

Stunning imagery and we'll put together. I totally agree with you about the GoPro 3+ it's an amazing camera and to be honest if you shoot in protune raw with the right grading you could tell anyone it was shot with a GH4 and I bet they'd believe you. Did you do the lens mod to improve focus on infinity?

johndun20

Cheers mate. Not sure what you mean about improving focus?

Standard lens, but if anything it could have done with an ND filter