Aluminum arms for dji flamewheel frames

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
thats friggin insane! I've never flown more than 12 minutes with my f450 and a 5500 4s. kloner, what heli does that flight time? obviously 6s and large props.

nuclear

i'm at nearly 30 minutes with my f450 on 3s 8400mah (1038 props)
i'm at a bit over 11 minutes on a 4s 6000mah on my f550 with the 1038 prop but i've changed them to 945 to reduce motor load a bit

haha49

won't you break the board now instead of the arms. If the arms break under load the next weak point is the board it self and with an intergrated pcb board that's more to change. I would of prefured an adapter to allow you to use carbon fiber tubbing that way you can simply add a longer or shorter tube on what you want. Then a mount for the motor and your set.

haha49,

I think that Kloner/Aerial Mob is selling a kit like that. And you're correct...Using these aluminum arms, in a bad enough crash the F550 top and bottom plates are more likely to be damaged than if the stock plastic arms were used.

Personally...I upgrade my MR's to improve their flying behavior not their crashing behavior. ;)

(Kloner's kit *does* look pretty good and I'd probably use those arms on a TBS frame....but I went with the AIMDROIX arms for my dji F550. Arm length is just about what I was hoping for, less fiddling to get motors level, easier to mount ESC's cleanly, and the aluminum helps with heat dissipation.)

haha49

haha49,

I think that Kloner/Aerial Mob is selling a kit like that. And you're correct...Using these aluminum arms, in a bad enough crash the F550 top and bottom plates are more likely to be damaged than if the stock plastic arms were used.

Personally...I upgrade my MR's to improve their flying behavior not their crashing behavior. ;)

(Kloner's kit *does* look pretty good and I'd probably use those arms on a TBS frame....but I went with the AIMDROIX arms for my dji F550. Arm length is just about what I was hoping for, less fiddling to get motors level, easier to mount ESC's cleanly, and the aluminum helps with heat dissipation.)

My motors on the stock arms are ice cold or room temp when I'm done flying I use a 4s lipo though and I cut down on allot of weight by using lightweight parts.

fltundra

My motors on the stock arms are ice cold or room temp when I'm done flying I use a 4s lipo though and I cut down on allot of weight by using lightweight parts.

The stock arms are junk, nothing like the Aimdroix regular length or extended arms.

My motors on the stock arms were ice cold or room temp when I was done flying, too...but with longer arms, I was going to go with larger props. According to the specification sheet on t-motor's web page, at least, the temperature would go up by several degrees with the larger prop.

Hi all

New here, first post, but have been reading up like crazy recently, with a view to building up something based on the F450.

Thanks for all the contributions in this thread... makes great reading and learning material for noobs like me. :tennis:

These arms look great.
Out of stock at the moment at ReadyMadeRC. :-(
I'm hoping they will become available soon, and have submitted the request for notification when in stock again.

Now a dumb question... where on Earth can you purchase the F450 top and lower plates only?
It seems like a waste of money buying a stock frame kit, if the stock arms are put to one side from the get go.

I have search many on-line store can't seem to find the lower & upper plates, except for http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji-flame-wheel-f450-lower-plate-321-p.asp
With potential crashes, I would have thought these items would be more readily available than what they are.
(I'm in Australia)

Cheers,
Adam

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
Hi all

New here, first post, but have been reading up like crazy recently, with a view to building up something based on the F450.

Thanks for all the contributions in this thread... makes great reading and learning material for noobs like me. :tennis:

These arms look great.
Out of stock at the moment at ReadyMadeRC. :-(
I'm hoping they will become available soon, and have submitted the request for notification when in stock again.

Now a dumb question... where on Earth can you purchase the F450 top and lower plates only?
It seems like a waste of money buying a stock frame kit, if the stock arms are put to one side from the get go.

I have search many on-line store can't seem to find the lower & upper plates, except for http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji-flame-wheel-f450-lower-plate-321-p.asp
With potential crashes, I would have thought these items would be more readily available than what they are.
(I'm in Australia)

Cheers,
Adam

Gothelirc has complete frame for $18. Could not find just plates.

Thanks for the replies, guys.
Funny how some of these stores never come up when Googling.

ARK RC in Australia do the plates separate
http://arkrc.com.au/dji-f450-parts/?sort=alphaasc
Perfect!

With the OEM arms, I never really liked the idea of blind nuts pressed into plastic for this reason:

View attachment 18360
Image source

And if a big enough crash with the Aimdroix ally arms shifts the weakest point to either upper/lower board, at 23 bucks for a set, it's no huge $$ loss.

Attachments

• IMG_1599.JPG
    IMG_1599.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 406

Jaybeast

I can confirm that Ina crash the upper, lower or both boards will crack. The arms are really solid, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk