A2 & Z15-5D Gimbal

teecee

A little confused regarding hooking up my Z15-5D to my A2. Currently I am using the A2 onboard RX for my flight tests and all is well. Eventually I intend to move gimbal control to a separate TX but for now I just want to get it up and running with basic functionality with one TX. Gimbal boots up nicely and I updated software and firmware in assistant software. I hooked the Can-Bus (Can 1) from A2 to the Zenmuse 5D controller and ribbon cable from Zen to gimbal. Is that it?

The 5D assistant software is very basic and I see no response there when I adjust TX. In the A2 assistant software there is gimbal control settings but it appears to be for 2D servo gimbals and not for Z15. When I hooked my H3-2D gimbal to the Naza I remember NOT turning on gimbal settings in the assistant as it was all DJI and relatively seamless. Here I have no com between the two so far.

Questions:
-What channels do I map to Z15?
-Can I do this all with onboard RX or do I need to get off my butt and install my futaba RX?
-Does the com for the gimbal all go through the Can-Bus or ...?

Help!

Tahoe Ed

Right now you can only use F1-4 and then plug them into the GCU. It does take a servo wire to make it work.

soler

I just have an extra RX for controlling the Z15 from the same TX, no issues with this setup as there are not enough free ports on the A2.

teecee

I just have an extra RX for controlling the Z15 from the same TX, no issues with this setup as there are not enough free ports on the A2.

Hi Soler. Can you explain how you did this a little more as it might work well for my setup. I did not realize that you could bind a TX with more than one RX. I have the Futaba 14 channel with a receiver that I am currently not utilizing. I would love to put the Futaba RX right on the Gimbal and leave the flying to the A2 RX.

soler

Hi,

Use the normal method to bind a second receiver to your TX, on some futaba recovers you can specify if the ports used are 1-8 or 9-16, mine cannot do this so I use the futaba s.bus decoder to from the receiver to the Zenmuse, this way I can access the DG1 and DG2 channels.

If you search the forum there is more information about how to do this.

teecee

Hi,

Use the normal method to bind a second receiver to your TX, on some futaba recovers you can specify if the ports used are 1-8 or 9-16, mine cannot do this so I use the futaba s.bus decoder to from the receiver to the Zenmuse, this way I can access the DG1 and DG2 channels.

If you search the forum there is more information about how to do this.

OK, I think I would like to control my gimbal with my Futaba R7008SB RX. It takes 3-7 - 7.4 volts. Where can I get this on a 22-25V 6C system? I don't want to add another battery just for RX and I am not so keen on having a bunch of voltage lowering circuits (already one for LED's - 12VDC) as it seems like adding failure points to me.

Also, is it best to run my hex off the internal receiver and save the Futaba for the gimbal OR is the Futaba better quality and should it be used for flight and... So many questions...

rbr4155

a2 z15 5d gimbal setup issue

OK, I think I would like to control my gimbal with my Futaba R7008SB RX. It takes 3-7 - 7.4 volts. Where can I get this on a 22-25V 6C system? I don't want to add another battery just for RX and I am not so keen on having a bunch of voltage lowering circuits (already one for LED's - 12VDC) as it seems like adding failure points to me.

Also, is it best to run my hex off the internal receiver and save the Futaba for the gimbal OR is the Futaba better quality and should it be used for flight and... So many questions...

get the tx setup and then plug in the gcu to the imu to gps then can bus 1 in that order then setup switches as noted below, drop me a line if any issues :

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Zenmuse_Z15-5D-Working_Modes/AUX2/AUX3_Switch_Setup

Help, please...
I'm trying to set a futaba 14sg - A2 - S1000, to operate single. Please, somebody can explain the wiring GCU Z15/Control Unit A2?
In the combinations that I made, no controls appears on mapping futaba controls. What's the meaning of F1 F2? on the A2 configuration soft they are not on the dropdown menu like A/E/T/R/U...

Hi Teecee,

How you set up your system?
Do you mind to share with me?
I have exactly the same equipment that you have with a futaba R7008 in the box.