A2 and GPS Explorer ?

plexus

hi,
i am new with the A2. First flight, correct. But i cannot convert the Flyxx.dat with the GPS exporter 1.4 . In the Windows i get 0 data.
How to do ?
many thanks for your help.

alain

kloner

Aerial DP
i was thinking you needed to see it in a dji interface, just looked up gps explorer and bet i have the answer. we flew dji controllers for science and we needed to sync the timing of the dji controller with the external imu/daq..... the stupid dji coding does not include the time stamp..... it just shows a sequence of locations and in order, but no idea how long it took to get there.....

sound like it? see if that software can work with gps data without clock.....

when you look at the data in the dji iosd interface, are you seeing all the data?

plexus

i was thinking you needed to see it in a dji interface, just looked up gps explorer and bet i have the answer. we flew dji controllers for science and we needed to sync the timing of the dji controller with the external imu/daq..... the stupid dji coding does not include the time stamp..... it just shows a sequence of locations and in order, but no idea how long it took to get there.....

sound like it? see if that software can work with gps data without clock.....

when you look at the data in the dji iosd interface, are you seeing all the data?

Yes I see all the data.

I remember one thing with my WKM. I had the same probleme with V4.0. Going back to V3, I solved it, but only with the GPS Exporter 1.1. The 1.4 never run.
One other probleme with that converter + GPXtoKML is that is not possible to see the altitude in the google earth. If I draw a cube, I am only in two dimensions in space (not the height).
Have you tried that ?

kloner

Aerial DP
the last time i tried was with wk,,,,,

View attachment 16762

and that worked like crap... i was flying along roof level and this showed me hundreds of feet up

so you think the data had clock with a certain export? christ, whys this gotta be so hard to use.

Attachments

• IMG_1772.jpg
    IMG_1772.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 406

plexus

I am always with my problem with the GPS Exporter 1.4. I wrote to DJI and I am waiting a reply.
I have an other question: how to downgrade the IOSD MarkII. I am with V4.0 and I want to downgrade to 3.0 to try the gpsexplorer1.1. I have done that one month ago and I dont remenber how to do.
Thanks

kloner

Aerial DP
you just open the old iosd software and plug in the osd, it'll tell you need to update the firmware (it'll downgrade too)

plexus

you just open the old iosd software and plug in the osd, it'll tell you need to update the firmware (it'll downgrade too)

My IOSD is with V4.0 and when I launch the iosd V3.0 it say "you must upgrade to new version", that all :strawberry:

kloner

Aerial DP
the version you open needs matching firmware. it downgrades to that firmware if you kept clicking and said yes, upgrade it, it'll go to 3.0, 2.0, 1.1, 1.0.... etc... just depends on teh software you have installed. you can have every version ever released of all the dji assistants and up/down grade on demand....

plexus

Thanks for your help. I will check that tomorrow.

today I downgraded the IOSD to V 3.02 and firm 2.04, but now I dont record the FLYxxx.dat:strawberry:.
Upgrading again to V4.00 I record the data files, but cannot read with GPS exporter 1.4 or 1.1.
Am I alone with that behaviour ?

Last edited by a moderator:

plexus

hi,
i am new with the A2. First flight, correct. But i cannot convert the Flyxx.dat with the GPS exporter 1.4 . In the Windows i get 0 data.
How to do ?
many thanks for your help.

alain

Reply coming from DJI:
"Please note that the "F-channel servo function" of GS with A2 is still not available at present."

But on my side Channel F2 and F3 run well. But may be that reply is for the F4 channel that is connected to the IOC Mark II ????

plexus

Reply coming from DJI:
"Please note that the "F-channel servo function" of GS with A2 is still not available at present."

But on my side Channel F2 and F3 run well. But may be that reply is for the F4 channel that is connected to the IOC Mark II ????

I believe they have not understand my problem. It is not the GS in fault but the IOSD MarkII and GPSEXPORTER under WIN 7.

grmw

Have you gotten anywhere with this problem yet? I have the same issue with my Mark iOSD ii and A2 flight controller. I record the .data files but the .txt files have 0 actions/lines.

kloner

Aerial DP
grmw's problem yes, your problem, we already tried so no.

My a2 and markII did not collect data till the iosd 4.0 i beleive and even with that it took the 2.0 or 2.1 firmware on a2 so they can talk.... it shows problems on the osd screen still, forget whats missing but a couple things were fouled up last i played with it but the data files are back to full of data...

plexus

grmw's problem yes, your problem, we already tried so no.

My a2 and markII did not collect data till the iosd 4.0 i beleive and even with that it took the 2.0 or 2.1 firmware on a2 so they can talk.... it shows problems on the osd screen still, forget whats missing but a couple things were fouled up last i played with it but the data files are back to full he heof data...
May be a mistake in my explanation. The problem is to convert the datas FLYxxx.dat with the gpsexporter. it dont run and noone has the solution at that time.