A2 2.2 Upgrade Guinea Pig

Mardoudan

DJI A2 Ver 2.2 Upgrade

Firmware upgrades are always accompanied by a new iOS app. But make sure you keep the old iOS app before upgrading so that you can go back if the new firmware is squirly.

The iOS app listed with the 2.2 release is the iOS app version 1.1.15. Same one I was using with the 2.1 version.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Has anyone had problems trying to login on the A2 Iphone assistant app as it keeps telling me that login failed, cannot connect to internet. Funnily enough the phone has a great internet connection?

mkheng

If you upgrade the firmware be aware ALL the settings are reset so make sure you have a not of the settings and mapping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

soler

The current ground station app does work with the A2 2.2, just tried and everything seams fine,

Mardoudan

problems connecting with the iOS A2 Assistant App since I did the 2.2 update

Has anyone had problems trying to login on the A2 Iphone assistant app as it keeps telling me that login failed, cannot connect to internet. Funnily enough the phone has a great internet connection?

I've had problems connecting with the iOS A2 Assistant App since I did the 2.2 update. No problems with connecting to internet. Problems with connecting to A2 via Bluetooth. It worked fine prior to the ver 2.2 upgrade. See my earlier posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
If you upgrade the firmware be aware ALL the settings are reset so make sure you have a not of the settings and mapping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeh I meant to get the video up that explains that but had to do some real flying today so not had chance to upload it all.. I need to trip it down and take out the sausage nutty scene!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Got the compass calibration done as per my newly corrected understanding of the process. Motors won't start though and Zenmuse is still drifting after doing its start-up routine.

I'll have to get back at it in the morning but for now it's not quite there yet. :(

Bartman

just found the new firmware update for the Z15-GH3 do did that and now the motors will start but the gimbal is still drifting.

sk8brd

Bartman- you may want to re update eveything again - this has solved some zen issues before on peoples rigs that exhibited weird behavior.. Also its good to make sure no cables are hitting the gimbal, when the zen if off make sure all axis's spin with no type of friction. Ive seen the zen never finish its startup calibration and act weird because a cable was hitting the gimbal frame messing up the startup calibration. other then that keep trying and hope for the best..lol

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
just found the new firmware update for the Z15-GH3 do did that and now the motors will start but the gimbal is still drifting.

Just get the thing flying WITHOUT the Zen first. You are asking for tears running before you walk.

Especially with the A2
D

Bartman

Bartman- you may want to re update eveything again - this has solved some zen issues before on peoples rigs that exhibited weird behavior.. Also its good to make sure no cables are hitting the gimbal, when the zen if off make sure all axis's spin with no type of friction. Ive seen the zen never finish its startup calibration and act weird because a cable was hitting the gimbal frame messing up the startup calibration. other then that keep trying and hope for the best..lol

thanks! i'll be back at it this morning.

Bartman

Just get the thing flying WITHOUT the Zen first. You are asking for tears running before you walk.

Especially with the A2
D

yup, that's the plan though i was very tempted to fly it last night after the motors finally spun up! i wanted to do the compass calibration with the gimbal attached with the hope of getting a better calibration. i've got to remove it anyway to check all of the wires and connections so it'll be off when the A2/hex flies again.
bart

Bartman

there's an IMU V2 for the A2? if so, how recently was it released?

thanks to you guys I got the compass calibration done correctly and it flew a lot better. can't say if the new firmware is completely bulletproof or not as I only had two short flights with it and it was barely carrying anything at the time.

soler

I am not aware of any new IUM for the A2, I thought there has only ever been a IMU V2 for the WKM

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Well guys, I have been ragging the living daylights out of an A2 over the last two days. I built a 550 to use as a test bed (on loan from Heliguy to test A2 resilience) and I have even done 4 docile flights on my Gryphon frame. Yesterday the A2 on the 550 flew perfectly for the first flight and then I had to reboot it 3-4 times for the second flight as it was not getting GPS lock where as my WKM equipped Skyjib 8 picked up over 7 sats almost immediately. Today however I manage about 6 flights on the 550. These flights involved things like a constant POI flight to see how well GPS was holding; flying at full tilt in Atti to about 450m away and then hitting return home; flicking modes between GPS, Atti and Manual; flying in GPS whilst stick stiring (as if I were trying to piro flip the beast); I even grabbed hold of the thing and pulled it away from its position and it fought damned hard to go back. On release it went back to its position very aggressively; I knocked it on the yaw axis, hard which looked as if it nearly did overwhelm it but it didnt, not even of the 4th attempt. Today, the 550 was rock solid. On the Gryphon it also flew very well. Not sure I have the confidence to fly the Gryphon too much yet. Last week I personally witnessed 3x A2 GPS failures.