8FG & Naza set-up

linter

doh! I knew it!

doh!-question part two: previously, i was using the x2 slot for the IOC function but since the s.bus cable now takes up the x2 slot on the naza, the IOC function no longer works. what ...do .... i .... do?

think i'll just leave the manual mode on the three-way switch and see how often i go into it by mistake ..

thanks for the help!

BTW/ Forgot to thank DesJardins for his great 8FG + Naza set-up videos. Without them I wouldn't have even gotten this far! They are the best by a long shot for this particular TX-FC combination.

kloner

Aerial DP
when on sbus, its most likely pre assigned to another channel. Open naza assis, tx cali, the two blue bars should be assignable in your radio. aux-chan has ch5, ch6, then next to it shows the switch it's assigned to. i believe it's ch 6 but it could be ch5 for ioc.... for sure it's in the s-bus stream if the radios setup right

linter

thanks for that.
when i opened nazza assis today, though, everything was working fine, just as it should, with the IOC switch working like it should, eventhough the s.bus lead was attached to X2. must have done as you said, the sbus somehow taking care of everything for me.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Make sure you read the 8FG supplement. I dont have that radio but that's the radio I'm buying on Friday and I've read the manual. The supplement may have more information on how to adjust the endpoint on a mixed channel or whatever. In the Naza flight controller if when you switch off your radio it goes to FAILSAFE is working right. If you want to get the little pointer to point to the word that's up to you but just make sure it's going into FAILSAFE and recognizing it is all. Keep us posted, can't wait to see the video since I'll be doing something almost exactly the same very soon...

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Ok that was odd, when I pulled up this thread the only response was from the original person. Now that I open it back up, it's 15 pages long! LOL

Does anyone here know if the same applies to the WKM, i.e., cover the left side of the WKM controller to prevent sunlight from affecting altitude during Attitude and/or Attitude/GPS?
Also in the case of the WKM, the IMU is in a separate box...... so which box would need to be covered?
For now I am going to assume it will be the one containing the barometer/altitude sensor.....

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Does anyone here know if the same applies to the WKM, i.e., cover the left side of the WKM controller to prevent sunlight from affecting altitude during Attitude and/or Attitude/GPS?
Also in the case of the WKM, the IMU is in a separate box...... so which box would need to be covered?
For now I am going to assume it will be the one containing the barometer/altitude sensor.....

No idea but I can tell you that when I covered my Naza it started working perfectly. I'd cover it, what's it going to hurt even if it does nothing?

Will do that.... Was quite a thrill seeing the Hex drop 30 feet then suddenly slow down just in time for a safe landing. Will cover Naza but not the barometer port!!!

I might be getting my wires crossed but the WKM's IMU has a hole to allow in ambient air pressure for it's onboard barometer. And I assume the NAZA does it all the same way..... Can't imagine how the NAZA could determine it's altitude without a vent hole or port for an internal barometer/altimeter.