3DR Pixhawk and Taranis

Chalagi

Ok I tried that the way you have it typed and after a few minutes it gives me a window and says "Timed out/no mavlink connection" I also went over to the device manager and I see that I"m missing some of the "Com ports" They are not like they were when I first got everything up and going.

Old Man

Perhaps you have a bad USB port and it's not connecting? Sounds like you might have to do some port mapping in the device manager if the input slot is working as it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chalagi

My usb ports are wrking fine I have tried them on a few other things that work/run off the usb. What I really think has happened is that I failed to remove the 3S power module and replace it with the new 6S power module. And I think I might have connected a 6S to the pixhawk and fried that thing.

Mactadpole

I don't know that it should have hurt the FC. Since the power module only sends 5V to the FC I feel like something would have blown on the power module first before getting to the FC. I know I have read posts where others have plugged a 6s battery into the stock module and not had anything happen.

I should add that choosing "auto" for the transfer rate has never worked for me. I always have to choose the correct rate for how I am connecting. I can't remember what they are for bluetooth vs. USB at the moment.

Chalagi

Well the auto never worked and also I can't figure out why I only have one com port "Com3" but with that it still will not connect. After reading your post I will change out the power module and see if that makes a difference.

Mactadpole

Well replacing that power module did not help it still acts the same as before
Have you tried disconnecting everything from the Pixhawk (only the USB port will have something in it) and using only the USB cable from computer to Pixhawk to connect (and power pixhawk)? I interpret what Old Man said as doing that and you said you did it but I just want to make sure you did it with everything disconnected.

Chalagi

Ok I just unplugged everything but the usb and started the mission planner.Once the program was up and going I plugged the usb into the pc and I got the same reactions as before solid red light and no start up

Mactadpole

Ok I just unplugged everything but the usb and started the mission planner.Once the program was up and going I plugged the usb into the pc and I got the same reactions as before solid red light and no start up
Hmm...headed home for lunch so I will do the same and see what light the Pixhawk has on. Report back in a bit.

Mactadpole

We might have an oops.

I get greens and a blinking blue. I can't even find reference to a solid red light in a quick search. I think you will need to contact 3DR support. I'm sorry.

Chalagi

I have searched the internet for a while and I only found one post where the solid red light showed up. And it was right after a firmware upgrade but they never did say how to stop the solid red light. And if I contact 3DR they do not repair the FC and i bought the Fc from gotheli. The forms for the 3Dr are about as useless as wood tits on a hog.

Old Man

Have you called 3DR about this already or just guessing? If GotHeli is selling the 3DR Pixhawk they would be an authorized dealer and 3DR would support them. However, if GotHeli was importing Pixhawk units from China I would have no problem understanding why 3DR would not provide support.

My experiences with 3DR customer support have been outstanding.

Chalagi

I contacted goheli and I was told by then to contact 3DR. So I used there support e-mail to contact 3DR on more than just one question. And still no response from them. Do they have a phone number for their support group?

Mactadpole

I can't help you with contacting 3DR because I've never needed to. Hopefully Old Man will chime in on that one.

I'm curious if you have tried to do a firmware update to the FC to see if that will fix it?

Also, what are the options under the com port selection dropdown when the pixhawk is connected to the computer via USB with MP running?

Old Man

I'll look up their number after work today. They have excellent support. Try both their Contact us and Support e-mail addresses. The site does provide a phone number, use the San Diego one, that does get answered. Their production facility is located in Tijuana, Mexico, which is also where their support personnel are. Be nice to Nathaly if she answers the phone, she is really good with people skills. I had some issues with after market accessory video equipment they jumped through hoops to resolve.

Chalagi

I tried to redo the firmware with no luck. I did contact 3DR earlier today by phone and he had me to do a few things to try and figure out the problem. One was to down load and install the firmware for the plane and then try to reboot the FC. But we did not have any luck at that either. He told me that it was failing to boot the FC and that it had "Slipped" into a not boot stage. I was told to send the FC back to Gotheli for a replacement. And right now its on it way back to gotheli. And on the drop down menu for the "Com ports" I only had one at last and it was the "Com 3 port" which would not connect to the mission planner and neither would the "Auto".

Old Man

The upside is you're getting a new FC. Lots of time and work in the first one but if it was DJI it would taking a trip back to China for assessment, repair, and return. a very long time.